Notices
2005-2009 S197 Appearance Section For all appearance mods to the 2005-2009 S197's

Mirror Covers and Tail Light tint

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2014, 11:35 AM
RenGen
Banned

Default Mirror Covers and Tail Light tint

Got the redfire color and I ordered some mirror covers off AM, they should come thursday. I was also looking at getting the Raxiom Tinted tail lights (not the gen5 or the coyote ones, the ones that look like the 05-09 GT, but with tint on them) I'm debating though because I can't decide if it looks better tinted or stock. I like it the way it is now, but when I take pics of my car the tail lights really RED and almost pinkish! So thought it would be a good idea to tint them. Usually I'm not a fan of a full on smoked out look, but think these tail lights are too bright red!

Are these pretty good mods? I don't hear much about the mirror covers, but seems like almost all new cars have the mirror cover look on them now. As for the smoked tails, I think they look cool but will they make my lights harder to see/make it more likely I'll get pulled over? I did get a sequential harness so I hope the tint doesn't kill that effect lol.
Old 04-15-2014, 09:56 AM
AMDanBailer
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by RenGen
Got the redfire color and I ordered some mirror covers off AM, they should come thursday. I was also looking at getting the Raxiom Tinted tail lights (not the gen5 or the coyote ones, the ones that look like the 05-09 GT, but with tint on them) I'm debating though because I can't decide if it looks better tinted or stock. I like it the way it is now, but when I take pics of my car the tail lights really RED and almost pinkish! So thought it would be a good idea to tint them. Usually I'm not a fan of a full on smoked out look, but think these tail lights are too bright red!

Are these pretty good mods? I don't hear much about the mirror covers, but seems like almost all new cars have the mirror cover look on them now. As for the smoked tails, I think they look cool but will they make my lights harder to see/make it more likely I'll get pulled over? I did get a sequential harness so I hope the tint doesn't kill that effect lol.
Hey,

The mirror covers should be a nice addition coming soon. They add a surprisingly modern and clean touch to your car. Definitely let us know how you like them when you get them installed.

As far as the lights go, I don't think you will be disappointed. The lights will only be slightly dimmer because the lenses are finished with a translucent paint. This will still allow for most of the light to shine through and still allow others to see your lights.

Every once in a while someone will get pulled over for the tint, but that is quite isolated and really varies from jurisdiction and individual officers. I would not be too worried about the lights getting you pulled over.

I'm confident that you will like the mirror covers, and if you go with the lights I think you will be quite pleased.

I hope this information helps, and if you have any questions feel free to get in touch. Good luck!

-Dan
Old 05-03-2014, 01:44 PM
808muscle
5th Gear Member

I bought the Raxiom tinted tail lights a couple of years ago. They have held up perfectly. When the new Gen5 lights came out I just had to have them. You cant go wrong with Raxiom, they make quality parts.
Old 05-04-2014, 06:52 AM
wcgman
5th Gear Member

Dan - I don't know that I'd agree 100% on the mirror covers. I put a set on my Shelby and the paint is good, but they sit maybe 2mm or more above the bevel of the mirror where these are inserted. My wife wanted some for her vert (same year) and when I installed hers they sit flush and frankly that looks a lot better. Is it possible the Shelby somehow has a different mirror? I wouldnt think so, but I can think of no other explanation why hers fits so much better than mine.
Old 05-05-2014, 11:42 PM
krazykevin
2nd Gear Member

Just so you know, the sequential harness will illuminate all three tail lights on each side. Stock is only two, so this is already increasing your brake light output by 50%. So don't worry about the tint too much!

Last edited by krazykevin; 05-05-2014 at 11:42 PM. Reason: typo
Old 05-06-2014, 01:51 PM
CPTCO
5th Gear Member

I really like my mirror covers. A much more finished look.
Old 05-06-2014, 02:26 PM
calistang05
2nd Gear Member

The mirror covers look very nice as well do the tinted brake lights, I have both from AM and they have held up good over the years. As for getting pulled over for the tint I haven't been pulled over yet in the 2yrs. I've had them on.