Notices
2005-2009 S197 Appearance Section For all appearance mods to the 2005-2009 S197's

Couple of Quick Questions About 2008 V6

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2014, 05:59 PM
Varwulf

Default Couple of Quick Questions About 2008 V6

Greetings fellow enthusiasts.

I have a 2008 Ford Mustang V6 that I originally planned to keep 100% original when I purchased it. Recently, a 1996 F-250 backed into me and took out my front bumper cover before taking off.

The police are still investigating, but it's led me to believe that I might be out my deductible anyway so I've been toying with a few other options here.

Rather than have a body shop do the work, I was planning on either buying a used bumper cover already painted black, or, going aftermarket.

I've stumbled on this cover in particular, but I've never worked on the body of these cars before nor do I really know anything about this kind of aftermarket part.

Ford Mustang Extreme Dimensions Polyurethane Eleanor Front Bumper Cover - 1 Piece - 108561

Firstly, my car doesn't have fog lamps installed - so what kind of a procedure would be involved in going with a bumper cover like this and do you think it'd be worth it?

Would a bumper cover like this come primed and needing paint or do you think it'd be possible to find one elsewhere that is pre-painted?

What other suggestions might you guys have?

In addition, I remember a co-worker asking me awhile back if "that is the Mustang with the sequential turn signal like they had on the original". Since I was already looking at aftermarket parts anyway, I did a little digging and stumbled on something I really liked.

Raxiom Smoked Coyote Tail Lights and Sequential Combo (05-09 All)

Again, this is something I've never done before - so I was just looking for suggestions and advice from those well more seasoned than I.

Thanks for your time!
Old 09-10-2014, 09:43 AM
AMAlexLazarus
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Varwulf
Greetings fellow enthusiasts.

I have a 2008 Ford Mustang V6 that I originally planned to keep 100% original when I purchased it. Recently, a 1996 F-250 backed into me and took out my front bumper cover before taking off.

The police are still investigating, but it's led me to believe that I might be out my deductible anyway so I've been toying with a few other options here.

Rather than have a body shop do the work, I was planning on either buying a used bumper cover already painted black, or, going aftermarket.

I've stumbled on this cover in particular, but I've never worked on the body of these cars before nor do I really know anything about this kind of aftermarket part.

Ford Mustang Extreme Dimensions Polyurethane Eleanor Front Bumper Cover - 1 Piece - 108561

Firstly, my car doesn't have fog lamps installed - so what kind of a procedure would be involved in going with a bumper cover like this and do you think it'd be worth it?

Would a bumper cover like this come primed and needing paint or do you think it'd be possible to find one elsewhere that is pre-painted?

What other suggestions might you guys have?

In addition, I remember a co-worker asking me awhile back if "that is the Mustang with the sequential turn signal like they had on the original". Since I was already looking at aftermarket parts anyway, I did a little digging and stumbled on something I really liked.

Raxiom Smoked Coyote Tail Lights and Sequential Combo (05-09 All)

Again, this is something I've never done before - so I was just looking for suggestions and advice from those well more seasoned than I.

Thanks for your time!

Varwulf-Welcome to MustangForums! Sorry to hear about the parking incident! That's never fun and I'm sure quite a few of us have been there! You've got some good questions here and I'm happy to help out.

If you're looking to install Fog Lights on your Mustang you would need the Foglight Switch , Foglight Harness and then the Foglights themselves

I don't have much experience with ED's cover but it would likely need to be prepped prior to being painted which can be costly depending on the shop you're working with. I would recommend getting a few estimates to see what you would be looking at. I'm not if the bumper would be able to accomodate our Foglights and brackets may need to be fabricated in order to fit!

The Sequential Taillight Plug In Kit is one of our favorite mods here and it was the first that I had installed on my Mustang. The install is a piece of cake and for something as small as just the taillights and harness itself you'll have people stopping you in traffic to see what they're all about! I hope this helps! Let me know if you have any other questions and I'm here to help!

Alex
Old 09-10-2014, 10:51 AM
teepee542
2nd Gear Member

That's not a bad looking bumper. The v6 and GT bumpers are not interchangeable. if the one you are looking at is for A GT you would also need a new grill, and fender liners. I think you would also have to replace the foam that is behind the bumper.
Old 09-13-2014, 09:59 AM
Varwulf

Well, I ended up pulling the trigger on the Smoked Coyote/Sequential Headlights, but I think I'm going with a salvage yard's 2009 V6 Bumper Cover for the repairs instead of the aftermarket one.

Thanks a lot for the advice and aid, guys