Notices
2005-2009 S197 Appearance Section For all appearance mods to the 2005-2009 S197's

BEST MUD FLAPS / SPLASH GUARDS

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2015, 04:06 AM
MIDLIFER

Default BEST MUD FLAPS / SPLASH GUARDS

I want to put front and rear flaps on my 2007 GT / CS. The only ones I've found so far are from Jaeger Brothers. Is anyone familiar with these? Are there others that I'm not aware of? I'm looking for some that do the job, look good, and are easy to install.
Old 02-13-2015, 07:35 AM
jpplaw
3rd Gear Member

I use the Jaeger Bros. flaps. I get them from AM. Easy to install but a little pricey for what they really are. I daily drive my car all year so the Jaegers only last a couple years, then they start cracking. I dont mind having to replace them once in awhile when I think about all the crap they keep from slinging all over the sides of the car. If you get them, remember to check the rears regularly because they are just a slip fit and can loosen up and fall off. Easy to tighten back up though, only takes a little squeeze of the part that slips on.
Ford does make some rear flaps that look like they are a little more robust but way more expensive than the Jaegers.
Old 02-13-2015, 06:47 PM
MIDLIFER

Thanks.
Might be a silly question...but can they be installed without removing the tires?
Old 02-14-2015, 06:53 AM
jpplaw
3rd Gear Member

No need to remove tires. Backs are no problem at all and on the fronts you just have to turn the wheel all the way to the other side for each. Helps to have a stubby Philips head screwdriver.

Install time on backs is mere seconds and fronts are maybe 5-10 minutes at the very most

Last edited by jpplaw; 02-14-2015 at 06:55 AM.
Old 02-14-2015, 07:00 AM
Choppertwo
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by jpplaw
I use the Jaeger Bros. flaps. I get them from AM. Easy to install but a little pricey for what they really are. I daily drive my car all year so the Jaegers only last a couple years, then they start cracking. I dont mind having to replace them once in awhile when I think about all the crap they keep from slinging all over the sides of the car. If you get them, remember to check the rears regularly because they are just a slip fit and can loosen up and fall off. Easy to tighten back up though, only takes a little squeeze of the part that slips on.
Ford does make some rear flaps that look like they are a little more robust but way more expensive than the Jaegers.
Could you post some pics of them on your car, I thought about buying them , but wasn;t sure how they would look on a MUSTANG
Old 02-14-2015, 07:37 AM
MIDLIFER

Thank you. I'll get them ordered then. This is my first Mustang, sure looking forward to Spring. I just picked it up last Friday.

Old 02-14-2015, 09:24 AM
audioAl
4th Gear Member

Nice pony, I wish there were other alternatives out there.
Old 02-14-2015, 12:52 PM
jpplaw
3rd Gear Member

Not a pic specifically of the flaps but you can kind of see them. They are generally not that noticeable.
Old 02-14-2015, 02:30 PM
MIDLIFER

Very nice car. I'm sold on the flaps. They aren't that noticeable but look like they'll keep the car cleaner. I'm going to take care of my new ride, but it won't be sitting in the garage once the sun comes back out and the snow melts, I'm going to enjoy it rain or shine.
Old 02-15-2015, 07:15 PM
JFitz
2nd Gear Member

I personally really like the Ford Racing GT500 mudflaps for the rear. Greatly reduced the mud and splash since I mounted fatter rear tires

Quick Reply: BEST MUD FLAPS / SPLASH GUARDS