Notices
2005-2009 S197 Appearance Section For all appearance mods to the 2005-2009 S197's

interior color change and other questions

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2015, 09:57 AM
flash_xx
3rd Gear Member

Default interior color change and other questions

I think I asked before about changing the interior color, but this time it's a different question. I've already sourced the carpet and paint to switch to black, but I'm having problems locating a roofliner and the sun visors. I read someone once did a leather roofliner and someone else did a suede or alcantara. Can anyone point me to a supplier for a black fabric I could use to have the roofliner and visors redone? I've tried to locate a junkyard that has a whole black interior for sale but no luck so far and I don't think there's a dye I could use to color the roofliner and visors but if there is let me know.

Alternatively, if anyone knows of a place where they are parting out a GT with black leather interior please let me know, that would be so much easier. I'd also take red seats if available. I really hate the red/tan combination my car came with but it was the only one available at the dealership

As far as the seats go, I need something that will hold me on the track and has good leg support, I hate seats with short bottoms that leave 1/2 your leg in the air. I have a 36" waist and I'm 6' tall. Corbeau seems like the only affordable source, but in pictures it's hard to tell which would fit me properly, so if anyone has Corbeaus they'd recommend I'm all ears.

Finally, just out of curiosity, can a 2010+ interior be swapped into a 2005-09 body with minor mods? I like my body style more but the newer Mustangs have a nicer interior, plus it would widen my options for locating a donor car.

Sorry for all the questions and thanks in advance.