Dash Panel Misaligned After Air Bag Service - MustangForums.com

2005-2009 S197 Appearance Section For all appearance mods to the 2005-2009 S197's
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Old 04-18-2018, 09:27 AM   #1  
JohnTN
1st Gear Member

Default Dash Panel Misaligned After Air Bag Service

I had the air bag recall service done on the passenger side of my 2006 GT recently and noticed the two horizontal dash panels above the glove box are not flush with the center panel. They protrude about an eighth of an inch and are not firm if I push them in flush - they give to the flush position but then move back out after taking pressure off them.

I returned to the dealer yesterday and one "slick dressed" service guy glad handed me and asked what he could do for me. I showed him my problem and he immediately started talking about how the clips that come with the recall fix are not very good and they are seeing a lot of this misalignment - like, not likely we can do anything about it.

But I made an appointment anyway to have them try to fix it today. Anyone else had this problem after the air bag recall fix?

John
JohnTN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2018, 02:08 PM   #2  
bgprest

I haven't had mine fixed yet, but I've already worried about those panels not being properly flush afterward. Actually, mine aren't as completely flush as I'd like them to be now. I'm hoping they are actually better after the recall fix.
bgprest is offline   Reply With Quote