Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2011 Mustang Forums Fantasy Football - Approved by Joo

Old 10-19-2011, 09:15 PM
HT
5th Gear Member

Default 2011 Mustang Forums Fantasy Football - Approved by Joo

This is the official thread for the 2011 Mustang Forums Fantasy Football League.

The league is already underway. There are 32 teams competing in two 16-team leagues. The leagues work in the same way as the English Premier League, with the Top 4 teams in the lower league switching places with the Bottom 4 teams from the upper division.

If you'd like to join the league, stay tuned around the beginning of the NFL season next year, as there are typically spots available on a first-come, first-serve basis.

This thread is for members of the league to converse, but if anyone has any questions about the league let me know.

I'd like to thank our sponsors for their continued support of our league:

www.americanmuscle.com

www.hotchkis.net

www.stangmods.com

www.windblockerse.com
Old 10-19-2011, 09:39 PM
bakerjd
5th Gear Member

YEAAAAAAAAAAA!!!! HT MADE THE NEW THREAD!!!!! WOOT WOOT!
Old 10-19-2011, 11:47 PM
tigercrazy718
4th Gear Member

haha i was wondering about the top bottom thing. funny how we make our league modeled after the EPL. so since im totally dominating right now can you go ahead and move me up? lol
Old 10-20-2011, 07:57 AM
outceltj
5th Gear Member

Speaking of players droppping like flies my team is on a four game skid after I won the first two and was putting up about 180 pts a game. I guess thats what happens when u have to play scrubbs
Old 10-21-2011, 04:56 PM
f4ifrank
2nd Gear Member

I had 180 the first week and not close since. Sitting at 4-2 though, so I can't complain. I need a 180 point week, this week!!
Old 10-23-2011, 12:40 PM
sonicx
speed'n

*Subscribed*

After making 196pts the fist week I'd like to at least hit mid 140's lol. I guess having to make (so far) 25 different acquisitions off FA/Waivers doesn't help any.

@HT: When does this top 4 switch w/ bottom 4 thing happen?
Old 10-23-2011, 04:13 PM
anderman
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by sonicx
*Subscribed*

After making 196pts the fist week I'd like to at least hit mid 140's lol. I guess having to make (so far) 25 different acquisitions off FA/Waivers doesn't help any.

@HT: When does this top 4 switch w/ bottom 4 thing happen?
im guessing that the switch will happen next season.
Old 10-23-2011, 06:47 PM
HT
5th Gear Member

Yeah it'll be after the season going into the next one. That way people can work their way up into the league with more prizes.

I'm still trying to figure out if the standings that I use should be after the regular season, or after the playoffs. The bottom 4 teams from the top league will be decided after the regular season (can't fight back out of the bottom 4 in a 12-team bracket, so I think I'll do the same for the top 4, so basically if you get a bye in the lower league playoffs, you move up...that isn't set in stone yet though, I need to think it through.
Old 10-24-2011, 03:06 AM
parchisi
3rd Gear Member

Well, this week after just grabbing random people to replace a crapton of byes, I actually did better than I had been the past couple weeks. Go figure.
Old 10-26-2011, 12:40 AM
HT
5th Gear Member

Okay, just a little update.

Playoff spots are as follows (I don't know how the system is set up, but I know I can alter it to my liking at the end):

- Division Winners get the top 4 seeds (all tiebreakers go by total points for in the regular season). It doesn't matter if one division has two 12-1 teams and another division winner is 9-4, they get the bye.
- The second place teams in each division are guaranteed a 5-8 seed, same tiebreaker procedure.
- For the last 4 wildcard spots, the 4 remaining teams are fighting for those. The Conference breakdown is East and West, North and South, so 2 teams from each of those will get into the playoffs. They can both be from the same division, leaving 2 teams out from the other division, it doesn't matter. Tiebreaker is the same.

As far as prizes, they will go in a hierarchical manner. I'll make an order of finishers (first choice to the league champions, then second place, then regular season champion, then 3rd...etc, just an example) and a list of prizes for each league, and whoever wins a certain spot will get to choose from what is left available. This is the only way to work it fairly, since we have different prizes from different sponsors, and someone might view a $100 to AM as more valuable than a $300 to Hotchkis...depending on what they are trying to achieve with it.

I'll finalize the prize lists for each league soon, as well as the order of prize winners. I'm also still considering what should happen if one player wins multiple things...they will definitely get multiple prize choices, but it may be that there second prize choice moves down the list a bit to give others a chance at the better prizes...we'll see. It will all be finalized before the regular season ends to ensure fairness. If anyone has any recommendations then feel free to let me know.

Also, if anyone has a convertible, then please let me know. I'm going to talk to the owner of Windblocker about our sponsorship details, but please tell me what year your convertible is as well. This applies to both divisions.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2011 Mustang Forums Fantasy Football - Approved by Joo