Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Brenspeed Tune Vs Evoperformance Tune

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2006, 06:07 AM
Speedeamon
1st Gear Member

Default RE: Brenspeed Tune Vs Evoperformance Tune

ORIGINAL: LarryS

Are all these comparisons seat of the pants or does anybody have any ET results of one tune verses another?

Actuallt larryS it is all seat of the pants thats why i didnt include numbers or et results as you know it can be very costly getting each tune dynoed for results. Also as you see in my post i state its opinion here i am posting. Also you can pretty much feel the diffrence really when driving. I again state that i have no reason what so ever to lie or advertise one product over the other. I dont even think the Tuners themselves know about this post i just didnt to help newbees and anyone intrested in knowing of which tune is worth going for from a tester point of view. I hope everyone understands this.
Old 03-07-2006, 06:34 AM
Speedeamon
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Stoenr

Just went out to check my user options and Speed limiter was on there and it was set to Off from brenspeed. [sm=interesting.gif]

Well Mine was turned of too dosent mean cause the speed limiter is off that the speed will exceed maximum. Even in my predator diablo there was an option to set speed limiter of and i did but still my car reached maxiumum speed which is 240 kph and reve limiter rpm stayed stuck to 4. Same with breenspeed tune it was also set to of speed limiter and still. Maybe tune not agressive enough. But with evoperformance tune i stated above my speedometer reached 240 kph maximum speed and the rmp kept moving slowly toward 5th and even sixth limiter. Dont ask why evoperformance tuune did this ask the make of it but it did i am listing what exactly i experianced with each tune. Hope you believe and undestand this.And i hope every one here knows too i am not in anyway affiliated with evo performance or any of the other tuners and i am certainly not trying to advertise since i am not getting anything in return i again state i did this out of trying to find really the best tune for my mods and car and to help anyone who wanted the opinion of someone who tried all these tunes. Anyone else that tried all these tunes and has something to add or take away please do i have nothing against that at all. Its an opinion and hope not to offend anyone.
Old 03-07-2006, 09:24 AM
dkano
3rd Gear Member

That's cool that you took the time to do these tests (and also spend the money). I'm a newbee in this area, since this is the first time I'll have a tuner. I wasn't too concerned with maximum speed when I ordered my intake and tuner from Brenspeed last week, didn't even ask for the limiter to be taken off, if they take it off then great, if not, that's fine, it's not something I'm going to be able to test here in Long Island that easily anyways (don't want to get a ticket going over 140MPH, too many cops/troopers around). My main concern was the throttle lag, since that's something that annoys me everyday now. If that's taken care of and perfomance is improved then I'll be a very happy camper!
Old 03-07-2006, 11:45 AM
2006MustangGTNYC
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: dkano

That's cool that you took the time to do these tests (and also spend the money). I'm a newbee in this area, since this is the first time I'll have a tuner. I wasn't too concerned with maximum speed when I ordered my intake and tuner from Brenspeed last week, didn't even ask for the limiter to be taken off, if they take it off then great, if not, that's fine, it's not something I'm going to be able to test here in Long Island that easily anyways (don't want to get a ticket going over 140MPH, too many cops/troopers around). My main concern was the throttle lag, since that's something that annoys me everyday now. If that's taken care of and perfomance is improved then I'll be a very happy camper!

+1 ------ Dood.. lemme know how it runs with the brenspeed tuner as I have to order mine too. I now have 250 miles and I'm waiting till I hit 1000. (Maybe a trip to the island will add an additional 100.. hahah)
Old 03-07-2006, 11:53 AM
Speedeamon
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 2006MustangGTNYC

ORIGINAL: Evolution Performance

Thanks Man! I appreciate the kind words!

He mentions about the added sound or aggressiveness after using your tune + CAI - I am using the Borla cat-back system and right now, my car sounds MEAN as ****. With your tune, it will sound meaner? I just don't understand where the extra sound will be coming from.... is it the engine or the exhaust? My borlas seem to be getting louder daily and I don't want my ears to be rumbling and I don't want to have tinidis by the time I take a long drive.

Please explain this to me. I am interested in your setup but need info in this area.

I have BB exhausts and it made my car sound much meaner i thought at the begining it was just the sct tuner doing this even with any tune but when i loaded brenspeed tune sound went down ssoo much you get tell the diffrence even with sct tune and diablosport tune sound still went down. Dont know why the sound improves with freds tune at evoperformance even another guy here called black b e a u t y asked me how the tune was before purchasing it from evoperformance and i told him about the sound and power. After his tune arrived and his cold air intake he posted here somewhere in this forum that he couldnt believe how the sound changed biiig diffrence much meaner and power was much more. I believe your sound will change too dont know why but who better to ask than fred at evoperformance.
Old 03-07-2006, 11:58 AM
Rezalien
2nd Gear Member

hey speedeamon...I just pm'd you with a couple of questions
Old 03-07-2006, 12:03 PM
Speedeamon
1st Gear Member

i pm'nd you back
Old 03-07-2006, 02:07 PM
saud alzaabi
3rd Gear Member

awesome man i really have gained nice info here....

although i want to know about ur bro's Mercedes slk55 amg have you tried with him from the 0 ? if so from 0 till what did you reach ? and what was the diffrence ? and have you raced a porsche turbo ? who won ? and plz tell me the fastest car u have ever raced.... cuz i really want to know with mods like urs who can i beat ?

thanks a lot
Old 03-07-2006, 09:06 PM
cstigger04
2nd Gear Member

Ummmm ok so do they do that for the V-6?
Old 03-07-2006, 11:35 PM
SPARTAN VI
4th Gear Member

Fred just gave me a ring. One of the coolest guys I've ever done business with. Expecting my C&L and SCT-2 Wednesday!!

Quick Reply: Brenspeed Tune Vs Evoperformance Tune