Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tan/Black door inserts on tan interior?

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2006, 03:37 PM
AirForceGeorge
1st Gear Member

Default Tan/Black door inserts on tan interior?

It has been about 2 weeks since I ordered my 06 GT. After much sould searching I went with a tan top/tan interior over the black top/accent package red seats. In fact I placed the initial order with the latter and changed it a couple days later.

I love the tan/tan combo but I do recognize that the dark interior looks better on the Mustang especially with the IUP. I was just so tired of the dark interior on my 2000. There seems to be too much black in the tan interior though for my states. And I've noticed that sometimes the door inserts are black and sometimes they're tan in different tan interiors. What's up with that? I'd prefer tan, like I said I'm not a fan of the console and steering wheel etc staying black. I've also seen boots in both black and tan. What's the story with the 2 diff styles? Which one will I be getting?

On a wheels note, I actually tried to order the 18" fan blades but the system was having a problem taking it so I went with the 64W. Another hard decision and I dunno if I should try to change it back. I like both yet have reservations with each. I didn't think having all these choices would be so hard! The latter isn't such a biggie since I can always sawp it out fairly easilly. Still...
Old 03-12-2006, 04:27 PM
Big Red
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Tan/Black door inserts on tan interior?

I have the light graphite interior and I got black inserts, I was under the impression that those were always black since thats always how I see em.
Old 03-12-2006, 04:56 PM
Black06stang
4th Gear Member

the door panels are black with the Interior Upgrade package, and the regular interior color without the IUP.
Old 03-12-2006, 05:05 PM
fairlane292
5th Gear Member

Here's the way to a nice tan interior; No Interior Upgrade package; I didn't get that because I can't stand the bright aluminum dash glaring at me (way too much, thank you)' Interior Upgrade package gets you charcoal door inserts and on tan IMO it's kinda bad. Don't get the shaker 500 or 1000; w/o them you get clean tan door panels; otherwise you get the huge clunky gear shaped speaker with tan center and big plastic CHARCOAL outer ring; UGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! hideous; you won't sleep nights, EVER!!!! Std radio sounds awesome; still get great speed sensitive volume. You can upgrade to aftermarket cheaper and better than shaker (w/o all the headaches folks are having with them) if you need a insane sound system. So many people tell me they love my tan int with just the limited black accent you'll have. Like you, I am so tired of charcoal/black interiors; way too common; most folks order w/o even seeing how nice the parchment is in person and just go charcoal/black out of habit I think.

Make sure you get Sport appearance package $195; to get the leather steering wheel with aluminum spokes; and leather wrapped shifter. They added that package when demand was in for the steering wheel and folks didn't want that aluminum dash etc.

I don't like 'My Color' instr. because the radio won't match, unless you leave on green; so why get it. IMO it's kinda silly and unessecary; esp for the $$$; although if the radio changed color too, I would have been tempted to be silly.

On rims go 18 polished bullits if you're gonna stay with OEM; fanblands were used on the moon rover in 1970. that's about the only retro thing I can say about them. Sorry, they look like something off of a Cad Escalade or something. Can't figure where that design ever could have come from. Get your changes in and if they won't change, cancel and do over. Good luck. Hey you did go spoiler delete right?
Old 03-12-2006, 10:06 PM
AirForceGeorge
1st Gear Member

I see, the IUP does it. Thing is, I like the IUP so I'm gonna stick with it. Maybe I can pick up the tan door inserts somewhere and swap them out? As of now I have the 64W's and will probably stick with them. Probably see how I feel about them after awhile. I'm not into customizing too much. About the only things I see doing is maybe the Pony emblems on the fender and a small chance of gold stripes on the doors ala the 6's.

I kept the spoiler, didn't go for the delete. So is the boot tan or black? I've seen it tan on the lime Green I believe but seen it black on a red with tan interior. Man, it's been so hard to find pics of red with tans. I guess it's good though... the Mustang might not be a rare car anymore but in Vert it is, and Torch red/tan is rarer still.
Old 03-12-2006, 10:42 PM
fairlane292
5th Gear Member

If I wasn't going flames, I probably would have gone Torch Red with tan; Early on (a year ago or so) I would check EBay about every day as 05 stangs were first coming out; so I got to see every color, option, details ya might not think of w/o seeing actual cars. At that time you could hardly find a 05 anywhere here in the NorthEast. You'll really like the parchment interior. carpeting, headliner all matches. Black boot on shifter; goes with black console; gee, I've never seen tan boot anywhere; can't see how that would look good in the black console. There are aftermarket boots; that's where the tan one must have come from. ...best of luck with everythig. ...Jim
Old 03-13-2006, 04:00 AM
AirForceGeorge
1st Gear Member

haha, I meant the convertible boot. I've seen a tan interior, a few, just not con a vert, and not on a red vert in person. Anyway, can't do anything 'till I have the car. Just gotta wait!
Old 03-13-2006, 10:04 AM
KiLLeR_WoMBaT
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: AirForceGeorge

... I've also seen boots in both black and tan. What's the story with the 2 diff styles? Which one will I be getting?

On a wheels note, I actually tried to order the 18" fan blades but the system was having a problem taking it so I went with the 64W. Another hard decision and I dunno if I should try to change it back. I like both yet have reservations with each. I didn't think having all these choices would be so hard! The latter isn't such a biggie since I can always sawp it out fairly easilly. Still...
Where have you seen a tan boot cover? I have the tan top/interior with tan doors and my vert came with the black boot cover. I've NEVER seen a parchment colored one. If anyone has pictures of a tan/parchment boot cover please post them!!!
Old 03-13-2006, 01:17 PM
BeeStang
3rd Gear Member

The door inserts are all black. If you've seen tan, then they have been redyed. I too don't like the black insert or even the black dash top. I've been thinking of dying them a different color that would look good with the parchment interior. The black just shows so much dust and I wipe mine down about every other day.
Old 03-13-2006, 02:01 PM
KiLLeR_WoMBaT
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: fairlane292

Here's the way to a nice tan interior; No Interior Upgrade package; I didn't get that because I can't stand the bright aluminum dash glaring at me (way too much, thank you)' Interior Upgrade package gets you charcoal door inserts and on tan IMO it's kinda bad. Don't get the shaker 500 or 1000; w/o them you get clean tan door panels; otherwise you get the huge clunky gear shaped speaker with tan center and big plastic CHARCOAL outer ring; UGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! hideous; you won't sleep nights, EVER!!!! Std radio sounds awesome; still get great speed sensitive volume. You can upgrade to aftermarket cheaper and better than shaker (w/o all the headaches folks are having with them) if you need a insane sound system. So many people tell me they love my tan int with just the limited black accent you'll have. Like you, I am so tired of charcoal/black interiors; way too common; most folks order w/o even seeing how nice the parchment is in person and just go charcoal/black out of habit I think.

Make sure you get Sport appearance package $195; to get the leather steering wheel with aluminum spokes; and leather wrapped shifter. They added that package when demand was in for the steering wheel and folks didn't want that aluminum dash etc.

I don't like 'My Color' instr. because the radio won't match, unless you leave on green; so why get it. IMO it's kinda silly and unessecary; esp for the $$$; although if the radio changed color too, I would have been tempted to be silly.

On rims go 18 polished bullits if you're gonna stay with OEM; fanblands were used on the moon rover in 1970. that's about the only retro thing I can say about them. Sorry, they look like something off of a Cad Escalade or something. Can't figure where that design ever could have come from. Get your changes in and if they won't change, cancel and do over. Good luck. Hey you did go spoiler delete right?
I couldn't find some of these statements to be more false! I have the shaker 500 and I have all tan door panels. The sub in the door has a black grill with a tan surround...doesn't look too bad. I have the Sport appearance package with the steering wheel and gear shift. The only thing NOT parchment color on my interior is the upper dash and center console. And the convertible does look so much better IMHO without the spoiler. I am glad I went with the spoiler delete option.

Quick Reply: Tan/Black door inserts on tan interior?