Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

choosing a color

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2006, 03:59 PM
scubie02

Default RE: choosing a color

ORIGINAL: 05BlueGT

I have them both and they both look great in person. I have the 05 Sonic Blue with the charcoal leather interior and I also have the 05 Mineral Gray with the charcoal cloth interior. What I have noticed is that the blue one does not have the IUP which looks great with the blue exterior and the gray one has the IUP and it goes great with the gray exterior. They more or less compliment each other by carrying the interior color scheme to the exterior. If you really want the IUP, go with the Tungsten gray because it makes the car feel a little more luxurious.
so do you have a preference one over the other as far as daily use leather vs cloth? Do you slide around more with the leather, hot in the summer cold in the winter sort of deal? I have always preferred cloth for those sorts of issues, but in this particular case the leather does look good. Also, are the seats the same except for the leather or cloth trim? Bolsters the same, both have lumbar, that sort of thing? I was thinking I read somewhere that the cloth only had 4 way adjustable seats and no lumbar, but then couldn't find where I had read that. Maybe that was on the base version.
Old 03-14-2006, 05:31 PM
VaporDude
5th Gear Member

Both of those seats are completely indentical to each other except for the upholstering. The leather is easier to slide and out than the cloth. They are both just as comfortable. The leather doesn't get as hot or cold as they used to be back in the 70's and 80's. They made alot of improvement in leather since those days.
Old 03-14-2006, 06:23 PM
demarcom
2nd Gear Member

Have an 05 and would have gone for the blue, but I was not crazy over the Sonic (sometimes purple) blue, and dont like Windveil at all. Vista would have been my choice, but hey, they didnt have it. I ended up with RedFire. I have never been real big on red, but when I saw that in the sun, WOW, that metallic is nice.