Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My gas meter got F'ed in the A today, anyone else have this problem?

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2006, 11:42 PM
Big Red
2nd Gear Member

Default My gas meter got F'ed in the A today, anyone else have this problem?

Today I cruised to the beach to hang out with my friends, the beach is 3 miles from my house, when I left my house I had a little over half a tank of gas. A few hours later as Im leaving the beach my gas thingee goes DING! 12 Miles to Empty! and the meter was almost at the empty. So I stop the car and get underneath it checking for a leak or something, I didnt see anything and so I just got back in and followed my friends down the road for some Dunkin Donuts, figure it'll be fine if I let it sit for a minute. I came back out and started the car and once again DING 10 Miles to Empty! So I got pissed and drove to the gas station, on the way there the meter brings itself up to like a quarter tank and it says 71 miles to empty. I started filling the car up and the gas dispenser kept stopping as if the tank was full, so then I had to hold the dispenser at a downward angle to make gas come out of it, but eventually I got 6 gallons or so into the car before it wouldnt take any more, I start it up and voila, it shows that its full.

Anyone else have this problem? If it does it again Im gonna bring it into the dealer, I know some people here have had problems with their gas tanks, in fact a Mustang I rented on a business trip in Tempe AZ had a faulty one where when youd go to put gas in it it would trickle down the side of the car.
Old 03-14-2006, 12:17 AM
sonicblue05
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: My gas meter got F'ed in the A today, anyone else have this problem?

i havent noticed that but click HERE for info
Old 03-14-2006, 02:53 AM
Big Red
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: My gas meter got F'ed in the A today, anyone else have this problem?

Thanks for the link, they are describing the same exact thing that happened to me, and with them it looks like it happened when they took hard turns, which I did too I guess. Thanks for the info, if it happens again Ill take her in.
Old 03-14-2006, 02:57 AM
nickd06
1st Gear Member

yeah that happened to me as well, i took it in and it turns out it was a faulty censor, warranty covered, all is fine
Old 03-14-2006, 02:58 AM
blackout
5th Gear Member

Thats really weird, I've been hearing a lot of different problems about the stangs. Including myself as I just bought my first stang being an 06 gt with 100 miles. Just two days after rolling off the lot i'm driving and the car just shuts off in the middle of traffic. Turns out there was a faulty ground wire and I told Ford to keep it, as I wanted another one. I felt that with there being already over 100 miles on the car when I bought it that maybe there had be a few problems already with this particular car. Got the same car two days later on delivery from another dealership. Better safe than sorry, but I was stranded in the middle of traffic and had to get out and push my pride and joy...