Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What's the best wax out there?

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2006, 10:31 PM
BLACK06GT4ME
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: What's the best wax out there?

That just means she wants to spend more quality time with you.
Old 06-22-2006, 10:50 PM
drbobvs
5th Gear Member

Will,

Check this thread https://mustangforums.com/m_1454843/tm.htm
Old 06-22-2006, 11:04 PM
cyberjock4hire
1st Gear Member

P21S, Easy to apply and after it hazes, easy to remove. Leaves a real warm glow. Recently started using the Ice, both wax and detail spray. I can't believe the ease of use and the great shine.
Old 06-23-2006, 10:03 AM
Country1969
2nd Gear Member

I recently bought this: Mothers Reflections - they have wax, top coat wax, leather care, tire care.

New product line from Mothers for this year. The wax is so easy to use with a microfiber towel. I can wax the the front end of my Stang in about 10 minutes.
Old 06-23-2006, 10:53 AM
MJDGator

I have always heard that Klasse is one of the longest lasting ones and easy to apply. You can get it from autogeek.net
Old 06-23-2006, 11:44 AM
tdappleman
1st Gear Member

Meguiar's NXT for me - works great on black cars and appears to hold up really well. Swirl marks are very minimal and what few I do get are minimized or removed by the NXT. The biggest complaint would be the slight streaks which can appear - I usually resolve it by just wiping down the car afterwards with a damp microfiber followed by a dry one.

I really want to try the ICE since I've heard so much about it. Does it streak on a dark colored car? I used to own a detail shop and I've tried just about everything: 3M, Meguiars, Productions Car Care, Majestic Solutions, Mothers, Nufinish - most of these products are great and it comes down to personal preference. Probably the easiest wax I've ever used was the Mothers Carnauba paste wax (Ultimate)- light thin coat and wipes right off - but it doesn't last very long so I've stopped using it since I just dont have the time anymore for monthly waxes.
Old 06-23-2006, 12:49 PM
drbobvs
5th Gear Member

https://mustangforums.com/m_1454843/tm.htm
Old 06-23-2006, 01:40 PM
rebelyell06
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Sublimey

Ice Ice...Baby! Worth its weight in Gold and Very Easy...

I love the Ice. It is very easy, but I only use it when I need a quick shine, and I use the spray detailer for that. I have the Ice polish, but I don't like it as much as other waxes. What really make my car sparkle is Black Magic Titanium Synthetic Wax. That stuff makes the metallic flake in my paint pop better then any other wax I've tried.
Old 06-23-2006, 04:10 PM
Gone2
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: rebelyell06

ORIGINAL: Sublimey

Ice Ice...Baby! Worth its weight in Gold and Very Easy...

I love the Ice. It is very easy, but I only use it when I need a quick shine, and I use the spray detailer for that. I have the Ice polish, but I don't like it as much as other waxes. What really make my car sparkle is Black Magic Titanium Synthetic Wax. That stuff makes the metallic flake in my paint pop better then any other wax I've tried.
I'm a shelf wax freak too had to try the Titanium. I just did the hood only and it seemed to work and look very good. It was a little harder to get off than NXT liquid but not bad.
Old 06-23-2006, 06:31 PM
Stone
2nd Gear Member

I like many of you have a pile of waxes cleaners and scratch products weather there for hand use or machine and I was really dissapointed with just about all of them in tell I tried "Turtle wax Black" man this stuff did a number on my paint if you have a black car this is worth a try I don't belive you will ever be sorry that you did , stuff goes on easy and comes off in a snap and the visual difference is something you just have to see for your self the swirls and lite scratches were finally gone and it just looks wet even under floresent and direct sun light.

I also about a week later went over the car with the ICE and that stuff sure is sweet again easy on easy off no white residue to deal with and it really put the car over the top has not looked this good since I took it off the lot in 10/04 and it's been on the road every day since then rain,snow or shine so you know it has had some good abuse.

Quick Reply: What's the best wax out there?