Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Pedals

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2006, 12:25 AM
Black06stang
4th Gear Member

Default Pedals

I have an automatic, but I want new pedals. Will the gas and brake pedals from a manual fit on my automatic? I am specifically looking at the Roush kit.
Old 03-10-2006, 12:38 AM
canes44
1st Gear Member

Default RE: Pedals

I have an Roush auto and it is a seperate package than the stck pedals
Old 03-10-2006, 03:49 AM
chrisc
5th Gear Member

the differences is that the 5 speed comes with a pedal for the clutch

i went with ultimatepedals.com
very happy with them
Old 03-10-2006, 08:58 AM
Black06stang
4th Gear Member

so....the gas and brake pedals from a manual will fit on my auto?
Old 03-10-2006, 10:25 AM
grasshopper
2nd Gear Member

No, the auto brake pedal is wider than the manual brake pedal.
Old 03-10-2006, 10:35 AM
jems

Check out ultimatepedals.com They cost more but the quality is second to none!!!
Old 03-10-2006, 01:28 PM
ponypower05GT
1st Gear Member

I have the Ultimate Pedals for my '05 auto, they look great and are custom made to fit like the factory pedals. The black rubber cover over the brake pedal is removed and then you put the aluminum racing pedal in it's place. For the gas pedal, since it is plastic and made of all one piece it does not get removed, the racing pedal just attaches right on top of it. There are several different options to choose from to select the style that you like best. All of the pedal kits sold for the Mustang will be different for the manual verses the automatic transmisson.
Old 03-10-2006, 03:14 PM
RyanAcosta
1st Gear Member

Lets get some pics!
Old 03-11-2006, 04:58 AM
Orion_240
6th Gear Member

So how do the pedals attach?
My new Roush pedals look like I need to drill holes in the pedals. Something I'm not too exited about. Should I Ebay the Roush pedals and get the others, have the shop install the Roush or is there another pedal that I can easily attach that look good?
Thanks

ORIGINAL: ponypower05GT

I have the Ultimate Pedals for my '05 auto, they look great and are custom made to fit like the factory pedals. The black rubber cover over the brake pedal is removed and then you put the aluminum racing pedal in it's place. For the gas pedal, since it is plastic and made of all one piece it does not get removed, the racing pedal just attaches right on top of it. There are several different options to choose from to select the style that you like best. All of the pedal kits sold for the Mustang will be different for the manual verses the automatic transmisson.
Old 03-11-2006, 11:57 AM
mash2k
2nd Gear Member

That is a great question. I am also pretty curious as to how the new pedals are attached to the old ones.

ORIGINAL: Orion_240

So how do the pedals attach?
My new Roush pedals look like I need to drill holes in the pedals. Something I'm not too exited about. Should I Ebay the Roush pedals and get the others, have the shop install the Roush or is there another pedal that I can easily attach that look good?
Thanks

ORIGINAL: ponypower05GT

Quick Reply: Pedals