Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Mustang's weakness: RAIN? :(

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2006, 08:02 PM
Stoenr
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Mustang's weakness: RAIN? :(

I dont think they will be louder than the mustangs engine or exhaust, lol

I dont think they are noisy.
Old 03-17-2006, 08:11 PM
QuickShortBus
I ♥ Acer

I didn't think the new Mustangs are bad in the rain, I brought mine home in pretty heavy rain and I had to drive on the interstate at 70mph not one bit of trouble. I have never had the backend get loose while driving on rain soaked roads. The key is to modulate your right foot a little better.
Old 03-17-2006, 08:13 PM
ThisBlood147
5th Gear Member

I agree. I"ve taken 70 degree bends at 60 mph in the rain and didn't even worry that the car would come off the road. That's something I wouldn't have DARED do in my 98.

Gotta love that bigger wheel base
Old 03-17-2006, 09:49 PM
Menace
5th Gear Member

It's quite easy to get the wheels to spin in snow/rain, if that's what you're TRYING to do... If you drive your car normally, then you'll be fine in both conditions. I've had mine out in the snow (unfortunately) ... actually it was an ice storm... and while everyone was going 30mph or less in one lane... the other lane... which was owned by me apparently... was doubling their speeds and there wasn't an ounce of slippage... Of course some spots made me slip and all I had do to do was let off the gas and let it grab some traction and gradually work my way back up that speed. Tirerack.com gives the stock tires very good ratings... like... almost every category is in the 'excellent' range... so I'm not sure how fact or fiction that is because I have yet to try anything else on it.
Old 03-17-2006, 10:10 PM
blackfoot
4th Gear Member

only issue i had abotu veeering was on turns on the highway, when brandnew, everytime i hit a crack in the road the *** end would twist.. the tires wouldnt move from their track tho, but it sure felt like it did, the suspension was a little soft, had to let it settle in
Old 03-17-2006, 10:19 PM
ThisBlood147
5th Gear Member

Word to the wise, also: if its icy, rainy, or snowing........leave the TCS on. I know alot of us have an ego thing about controlling the wheels ourselves, but anything that helps keep the car stable in slippery conditions is GOOD. Leave it on, plz. Its one less thing you have to concentrate on when dealing with bad road conditions.
Old 03-17-2006, 10:24 PM
blackout
5th Gear Member

Absolutely no problems in the rain for me yet, and im definately not an angel when I drive.
Old 03-17-2006, 10:31 PM
blackfoot
4th Gear Member

i can not stand TCS especially inteh snow.. sometimes you need to spin to get moving from a stop if your in a bit of snow.. ive tried with tcs on and tcs off.. i do better with out it..
Old 03-17-2006, 10:37 PM
ThisBlood147
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: blackfoot

i can not stand TCS especially inteh snow.. sometimes you need to spin to get moving from a stop if your in a bit of snow.. ive tried with tcs on and tcs off.. i do better with out it..
Well, you have to take my advice with snow with a grain of salt.........I live in Louisiana for crissakes. lol But I do feel a little more secure driving in the rain with it on. I have no good reason not to.
Old 03-17-2006, 10:42 PM
05CLASSIC
2nd Gear Member

Up here in NY, we have alot of snow and rain. I don't drive it in the snow and I prefer to use the TCS when it rains. The car has too much torque and a very loose rear when it's wet outside.

Quick Reply: Mustang's weakness: RAIN? :(