Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

can be done - Change each gauge to a different color

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2006, 07:20 PM
TinPony
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: can be done - Change each gauge to a different color

My fuel gauge turns red at 10 miles to empty. I also read that the temp and oil pressure guages will change color
when the reading is way out of line. Has anyone been unfortunate enough to verify this...I would bet that a good Ford engineer could program changes in color for different gauges..... It's gotta be just programming.......Now all we need to do is see if we can get "Mikey" to try it (hehe)
Old 03-17-2006, 08:19 PM
Stoenr
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Redfire

I read that any of the gauges will turn red if there is a problem. Wether its low on gas, or overheating, low oil pressure, etc. The indivual gauge will turn red.

The temp gauge doesnt change, I can thank that to not plugging my cooling fan back in.
All you get is a gauge that reads hot, and a red light comes on on the tach site
Old 03-17-2006, 09:57 PM
MikeVistaBlue06
I ♥ Acer

I read that any of the gauges will turn red if there is a problem. Wether its low on gas, or overheating, low oil pressure, etc. The indivual gauge will turn red.
Oh ####, I'm in trouble, I have MyColor set to RED!!! [sm=oopssign.gif]

I like the red at night because it is easier on the eyes. If you're ever out at night "in the field" or doing astronomy work, you use red light so it doesn't mess up your night vision that bad. I had it set to orange, but I like the red even better.

Oh well, I guess I'll just have to rely on my instincts and looking at the instrument panel to tell if there is a problem!

Now as for each gauge having a different color that would drive me nuts, but "each to his own!"

Mike
Old 03-18-2006, 09:29 AM
LesteR723
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: MikeVistaBlue06

lol me too! oh well...
Old 03-18-2006, 01:18 PM
Rsaturn9
1st Gear Member

Now the real question is, I wonder what color the Gage changes too when in Alarm, If the Normal color selected is Red? I use Red, or Blue as my Normal dash gage colors. So I wonder if the Red changes to another color if its in Alarm? I'm not willing to go in Alarm to find out though lol.

Old 03-18-2006, 04:22 PM
Wicked Pony
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: MikeVistaBlue06

I like the red at night because it is easier on the eyes. If you're ever out at night "in the field" or doing astronomy work, you use red light so it doesn't mess up your night vision that bad. I had it set to orange, but I like the red even better.

Oh well, I guess I'll just have to rely on my instincts and looking at the instrument panel to tell if there is a problem!

Now as for each gauge having a different color that would drive me nuts, but "each to his own!"

Mike
[sm=funnypostabove.gif]