Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ordered a 07 Shelby Gt 500 today

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2006, 12:13 AM
TinPony
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Ordered a 07 Shelby Gt 500 today

Tres Wright has it pegged.... I am figuring the sticker to be about 42-45K and the markup will START ...Yah START ..at 15K....I have been on a waiting list at my dealer since last November (I'm #6) but if the price goes to 60K+ I'm going to pass. The law of supply and demand will put that car out of reach of the average Joe Mustang enthuiast......too bad...sad
Look at the 06 GT, it had a sticker of 141K and you couldn't get one for 200K...
Old 03-18-2006, 01:59 AM
Newbreedgt05
3rd Gear Member

Hopefully the price won't go too high because the people who would truly enjoy these cars will not be able to afford them. It will be one of those cars where only people 60+ years can afford it for the first couple years. Not that these people won't enjoy them, but it will become more of a collector's car instead of a performance car for people in their young to middle ages.
Old 03-18-2006, 02:23 AM
TinPony
3rd Gear Member

Easy there Newbreed........Something tells me you don't think someone 60+ can enjoy a car for it's performance. I get just
as big a rush as the young guys when I go WOT through the gears on the way to the bank to deposit my Social Security check. I worked hard for 45+ years to be able to do what I enjoy. And I DO enjoy speed, looks and performance. I'd would love to get the 07 Shelby, what a thrill that would be driving that down Colorado Blvd. And heres the part you not
liking real well..... It would be a great investment, it should increase or hold value for a long time.....

ps... here is where you can get an order form...http://www.2005stang.com/gallery/alb...orderguide.pdf
That new Grabber orange color sounds interesting..... maybe with white or silver stripe, what do you think?

TinPony

Old 03-18-2006, 02:34 AM
zanemoseley
2nd Gear Member

Honestly I wouldn't want to pay much over sticker for it. I'm not a fan of paying big $$$ extra for a name. I know they will hold/increase their value due to the rarity but I want something I can drive and not worry about paint chips ect.... If you want an investment put your $$$ in a mutual fund which will most likely increase in value more than a GT500, if you want a car then get a car. The bottom line is if they start selling at much above sticker then you're just paying for the name and you could have an equal quality car by modding a stock gt and save the extra.

[:'(] to the extra markup

Honestly if I had enough money to not worry about $10-20k here and there than I'd probably get one too though. I guess it all depends on your financial situation.
Old 03-18-2006, 02:43 AM
Hufenstang
4th Gear Member

id rather have a new z06, but thats just my opinion =\
Old 03-18-2006, 08:04 AM
05 mach 1

ORIGINAL: Wicked Pony

Good Luck and congrats! [sm=smiley32.gif]
Wicked pony

I just love the look of your car ! I had a 68 Gt when I was in High school in 1970 and your car looks so much like my very first car ! wish I still had my first car but I was young and dumb at the time , drove like a ........ well anyway I totaled it behind the back of a car who had just hit the back of a school bus ( no kids were hurt ) except me broke my chin on the way to the windsheld ( no seat belt ) Man things were a lot diverent back then.
Old 03-18-2006, 08:32 AM
6xStang
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Hufenstang

id rather have a new z06, but thats just my opinion =\
The Z06 is a great car, and will likely beat a GT500 in many performance tests, but there are several drawbacks for many buyers. Only two seats vs. the mustangs 4. If you don't care about that, then it doesn't matter.

Also, the Z06 is only available as a hardtop without a removable roof. The GT500 will be available as a convertible.

All of the other usual "Ford vs. Chevy" and antivette/antimustang arguments apply.

The Z06 will definitely be a better track/race car, the GT500 will likely be a better daily driver.

I would bet high markups on the GT500's. If the dealer is such a good friend I hope that you at least agreed to MSRP or at least a fixed percentage above MSRP? If there is no agreed price then in most states you have no contract and you are free to walk away, though you may have to threaten legal action to get you deposit back.....

Good luck, and keep us posted.

PS: For a good chuckle go over to eBay and do a search on "2007 GT500"
Old 03-18-2006, 09:11 AM
canefanfolife
I ♥ Acer

i can't say i think itl be between 45k-50 bc thats like buying a saleen! so imma say between 60k-70k
Old 03-18-2006, 09:15 AM
jbailer
3rd Gear Member

Congrats! Before reading your post I would've said good luck actually getting it but since you have such good standing with the dealer hopefully you'll be ok. Remember earlier Ford was saying they were going to try to sell it for just under $40k. Of course that is before all of the normal options and prep and crap like that. Unless there's a lot of dealer mark-up, I'd bet you get out for under $50k. Did they give you any idea on when you might expect delivery? -Joe
Old 03-18-2006, 01:26 PM
Rsaturn9
1st Gear Member

Congrat's, I can't wait to see the Pict's when you finally get it.

Quick Reply: Ordered a 07 Shelby Gt 500 today