Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ordered a 07 Shelby Gt 500 today

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2006, 11:00 PM
05 mach 1

Default Ordered a 07 Shelby Gt 500 today

I just wanted everyone to know that Ford has started taking orders as of this week on the gt500!
I have been buying cars and trucks ( business and personal ) for the last 18 years from the same dealer and the same salesman . Last year I was able to get one of the first 05 Mustangs
( thats the one I had customized into a mach 1 that I have posted several times on this forum )
and last Saturday we were able to get order info . So today I met with the owner of the dealership and he ordered two cars mine is going to be Tugsten Gray with silver stripes , and the other one is going to be Vista Blue with white stipes . Only three options are being offered as following :Premium interior Trim Package ( Code 68S ) , Shaker 1000 Audio ( code 918 ) and Sirius satellite radio ( code 50S ) I ordered all three . There was one other option which was to delete all stripes ( code 52S ) ( I do not know who would do that ! ) any way thats the story .......... OH I forgot everyone probably wants to know How Much ? Well thats still a mystery in the making . We were able to order the two cars but no price was given . So it looks like when it arrives this fall I will be at the dealers' mercy . I just hope that all the money I have spent there in the last 18 years will be considered . Anyway It still beats 150K for an original 60's car . And If they decide to run the car for only one or two years, then what ?
05 Mach
Old 03-17-2006, 11:10 PM
zanemoseley
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Ordered a 07 Shelby Gt 500 today

I say it'll be $45,000 to $50,000. We should start a pool on what the price ends up at lol.
Old 03-17-2006, 11:14 PM
Wicked Pony
3rd Gear Member

Good Luck and congrats! [sm=smiley32.gif]
Old 03-17-2006, 11:16 PM
chevykiller
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: 05 mach 1

I just wanted everyone to know that Ford has started taking orders as of this week on the gt500!
I have been buying cars and trucks ( business and personal ) for the last 18 years from the same dealer and the same salesman . Last year I was able to get one of the first 05 Mustangs
( thats the one I had customized into a mach 1 that I have posted several times on this forum )
and last Saturday we were able to get order info . So today I met with the owner of the dealership and he ordered two cars mine is going to be Tugsten Gray with silver stripes , and the other one is going to be Vista Blue with white stipes . Only three options are being offered as following :Premium interior Trim Package ( Code 68S ) , Shaker 1000 Audio ( code 918 ) and Sirius satellite radio ( code 50S ) I ordered all three . There was one other option which was to delete all stripes ( code 52S ) ( I do not know who would do that ! ) any way thats the story .......... OH I forgot everyone probably wants to know How Much ? Well thats still a mystery in the making . We were able to order the two cars but no price was given . So it looks like when it arrives this fall I will be at the dealers' mercy . I just hope that all the money I have spent there in the last 18 years will be considered . Anyway It still beats 150K for an original 60's car . And If they decide to run the car for only one or two years, then what ?
05 Mach
If you read my other post to you then this makes a lot of sense as I have said all along the owner of a dealership is going to keep one of his cars and he will sell the other one to his best friend/customer. Sounds like you fall into the best customer category so congrats! I, too am curious what the OTD cost will be when said and done (friend or not...LOL)

My bet is $65,000.00 [:'(]
Old 03-17-2006, 11:16 PM
05 mach 1

ORIGINAL: zanemoseley

I say it'll be $45,000 to $50,000. We should start a pool on what the price ends up at lol.
I hate to say this but 45K to 50K will make my day !
Old 03-17-2006, 11:19 PM
Hufenstang
4th Gear Member

i would bet 55 unless he likes you and gives you a deal o_O
Old 03-17-2006, 11:24 PM
05 mach 1

ORIGINAL: chevykiller

ORIGINAL: 05 mach 1

05 Mach
If you read my other post to you then this makes a lot of sense as I have said all along the owner of a dealership is going to keep one of his cars and he will sell the other one to his best friend/customer. Sounds like you fall into the best customer category so congrats! I, too am curious what the OTD cost will be when said and done (friend or not...LOL)

My bet is $65,000.00 [:'(]
Yes i did read your other post and it was a little scary ! I had no idea ( and neither does my dealer ) about whats going on in Cal. I feel very lucky now ! I have a order form with my name one it .
Old 03-17-2006, 11:24 PM
chevykiller
I ♥ Acer

2 words for you guys - SUPPLY AND DEMAND (for 1st year anyways)

Let's look at this realistically, dealerships will have 2 cars and they will have how many people with the means and desire to pay whatever?....do the math. Ever try to price an 06 Ford GT? I did and 200K was the best deal I could get from an owner I'm friends with!!
Old 03-17-2006, 11:25 PM
newfer23
1st Gear Member

My money is on 55-60k...of course I'm in Canada which translates into about 75k.
Old 03-17-2006, 11:27 PM
Tres Wright
4th Gear Member

There's been some arguing on various forums over the allocation amount, but the latest data suggests there will be 3 to 5 Shelbys allocated to each of the participating dealerships. The dealership nearest me says their allocation is 4, and they are marking them up 15k each (ouch!)

Quick Reply: Ordered a 07 Shelby Gt 500 today