Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Car's back from paint. Here are the first few pics

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2006, 07:13 PM
ThisBlood147
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Car's back from paint. Here are the first few pics

If you get a chance put up a couple more shots of that spoiler. Car looks freakin fantastic BTW[sm=drooldude.gif]
Old 03-18-2006, 08:31 PM
Steven6095
3rd Gear Member

Spoiler is awesome! Is it one peice?
Old 03-18-2006, 09:32 PM
mash2k
2nd Gear Member

[sm=groupwave.gif]

NICE!
Old 03-18-2006, 09:54 PM
Fleafromnola
1st Gear Member

I have been looking that the "Legend duck tail" myself and I have some question for you. I have been told that the factory spoiler holes match up to this tail, is that true. I have also read that some people have stated the tail needed some prep work before it is painted, which GEF states the "unit is ready to be painted". How about the fit on the car? Also can you help me out by letting me know how wide and how height the tail sits off the trunk of your car. If you could get some close up shots of the sides and the back would be great. I'm looking at getting the 3d Carbon or the Legend duck tail but I keep changing my mind.

[IMG]local://upfiles/16581/2A5415C4D4B744CAA8FAA6460323E7FC.jpg[/IMG]

Old 03-18-2006, 11:05 PM
BrookShadow_RC
2nd Gear Member

This looks great! I am on the same track as you, with the 67 Shelby look. I think your car looks awesome! Are you going for the Shelby wheels as well? Keep posting pics and updates!
Old 03-18-2006, 11:18 PM
doobs
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Fleafromnola

I have been looking that the "Legend duck tail" myself and I have some question for you. I have been told that the factory spoiler holes match up to this tail, is that true. I have also read that some people have stated the tail needed some prep work before it is painted, which GEF states the "unit is ready to be painted". How about the fit on the car? Also can you help me out by letting me know how wide and how height the tail sits off the trunk of your car. If you could get some close up shots of the sides and the back would be great. I'm looking at getting the 3d Carbon or the Legend duck tail but I keep changing my mind.

I too was looking at the 3d carbon spoiler. It looks to be quite smaller than the legend spoiler.
Old 03-18-2006, 11:28 PM
TinPony
3rd Gear Member

Brookshadow: could you post some more pics of the scoop, those are cool and I'm looking at the same thing.
the lighting on the Windveil in your pic is awesome....
Old 03-18-2006, 11:50 PM
ThisBlood147
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: doobs

ORIGINAL: Fleafromnola

I too was looking at the 3d carbon spoiler. It looks to be quite smaller than the legend spoiler.
Yes the 3d carbon spoiler is quite a bit smaller in height and profile than the GEF spoiler. Also the 3d carbon one is a 3 piece kit that has two small pieces that attach onto the quarter panels and the main piece fits onto the deck lid. The GEF spoiler is a one piece unit that is very similar to the spoiler that Ford is going to be putting on the new GT500's. It is a little bit broader and steeper in design than the GT500 spoiler however. But it does mount up to the stock wing holes.
Old 03-19-2006, 01:36 AM
blackout
5th Gear Member

I know you didn't do the front lip, but do you know how minor the drilling is(if it is minor) and where exactly you must drill? I am trying to keep my baby from any drilling and unecessery holes so I can keep the future of her in mind. I'll probably end up going with the cdc classic chin now that I found out about the drilling. Also was that the painted version or the unpainted? Does the painted come with actual mustang colors like the gloss black, or just the primed black?
Old 03-19-2006, 08:22 AM
BrookShadow_RC
2nd Gear Member

TinPony,

You bet. I need to update my pics anyway. It is supposed to rain here in Houston today, so it may take a couple of days to get this accomplished.

Quick Reply: Car's back from paint. Here are the first few pics