Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Installed My Pro 5.0 Today....Damn It's Slick!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2006, 06:01 PM
one_focused_svt
3rd Gear Member

Default Installed My Pro 5.0 Today....Damn It's Slick!!!

Well finally got round to putting her in, and man what a NICE setup. The shifts are smooth and tight, and it goes from gear to gear with total ease (well except for 5th and Rev. but thats expected) and I couldn't be happier. Definitely gets a 11 on a scale from 1-10! Oh and the best part is I did it without dropping the drive shaft, in my garage with hand tools, and it only took about an hour![sm=gears.gif]
Old 03-19-2006, 06:59 PM
mash2k
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Installed My Pro 5.0 Today....Damn It's Slick!!!

Awesome! This is the shifter that I am going to get, bar none. Show some pics.
Old 03-19-2006, 07:08 PM
andyman
4th Gear Member

Great man, your car is coming together really good!!!!! i for one like it alot
Old 03-19-2006, 07:20 PM
hawgman
I ♥ Acer

Yup, +1. I love my Pro 5.0. Must say I was a little concerned with getting it stuffed through the floorpan. But figured out quickly that if you get someone to sit in the car and hold the shifter in place, and bolt the brace arm on from underneath the car instead of trying to shove the entire thing through the hole, it goes ALOT smoother!

My only disappointment in it was I went from a stock shifter with the Saleen short throw adaptor to the Pro 5.0 and the throw on the Pro 5.0 was actually longer than the stocker with the adaptor was. I have been contemplating the idea of installing the Saleen adaptor on the Pro 5.0 and seeing how it felt. Just haven't gotten around to it yet.
Old 03-20-2006, 12:12 AM
one_focused_svt
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: mash2k

hey man I would but uhhh well I used the stock shift **** for apperance so it really wouldnn't be much different, but if you want some specific shots just send me a PM!

thanks man, comments like that make it all worth while!
Old 03-20-2006, 08:16 AM
mash2k
2nd Gear Member

I think you answered my question...it has a stock appearance with the stock shift ****, unlike the Hurst which has a different look. Is that correct?

ORIGINAL: one_focused_svt

ORIGINAL: mash2k

hey man I would but uhhh well I used the stock shift **** for apperance so it really wouldnn't be much different, but if you want some specific shots just send me a PM!

thanks man, comments like that make it all worth while!
Old 03-20-2006, 03:40 PM
chevykiller
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: hawgman

Yup, +1. I love my Pro 5.0. Must say I was a little concerned with getting it stuffed through the floorpan. But figured out quickly that if you get someone to sit in the car and hold the shifter in place, and bolt the brace arm on from underneath the car instead of trying to shove the entire thing through the hole, it goes ALOT smoother!

My only disappointment in it was I went from a stock shifter with the Saleen short throw adaptor to the Pro 5.0 and the throw on the Pro 5.0 was actually longer than the stocker with the adaptor was. I have been contemplating the idea of installing the Saleen adaptor on the Pro 5.0 and seeing how it felt. Just haven't gotten around to it yet.
+1 and let me know how that adapter works out. I brought up all of these points in my review when I said the pro 5.0 was the best shifter for our cars. The throw wasn't shortened too much but the mechanics of the throw make it all worth while.
Old 03-20-2006, 05:00 PM
hawgman
I ♥ Acer

Will do. It will probably be some time next weekend before I get around to it. In Boston this week on business.
If it has the same effect on the 5.0 that it had on the stock setup, hell you will be able to go through all 5 gears plus reverse without hardly moving your wrist, much less your arm
Old 03-20-2006, 10:02 PM
Martin123
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: one_focused_svt

Well finally got round to putting her in, and man what a NICE setup. The shifts are smooth and tight, and it goes from gear to gear with total ease (well except for 5th and Rev. but thats expected) and I couldn't be happier. Definitely gets a 11 on a scale from 1-10! Oh and the best part is I did it without dropping the drive shaft, in my garage with hand tools, and it only took about an hour![sm=gears.gif]
Mine is just the opposite, fith and reverse are easy and first and second are a bitch
Old 03-20-2006, 10:03 PM
Martin123
2nd Gear Member

Where did my mechanic go wrong

Quick Reply: Installed My Pro 5.0 Today....Damn It's Slick!!!