Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Throttle lag + SCT2 settings + JLT

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2006, 01:17 PM
Gone2
2nd Gear Member

Default Throttle lag + SCT2 settings + JLT

I installed my JLT with the SCT tuner. I never saw any setting that would have gotten rid of the throttle lag like everyone says the tuner will do. Does just intalling the JLT CAI canned tune fix the lag or is there some other setting I have to change? I upped the rev limiter, set the octane to 91, and set the intake to JLT.

It does feel much snappier, I just thought there was a separate setting for the lag. The traction control is still on because my wife/financer want to keep that option.
Old 03-23-2006, 04:00 PM
Speedeamon
1st Gear Member

Default RE: Throttle lag + SCT2 settings + JLT

Well Usually the custome tune that you ordered with the sct and cold air intake should reduce the throttle lag by very much. From what i read and the advice of so many on this forum throttle lag cant be completly eliminated however it can be reduced very much. If you got a custom tune it should reduce it very much. I have sct and ciold air intake from fred@evolution performance and his custom tune got rid of the throttle lag big time where actually you can bearly feel it. Hope this helps
Old 03-23-2006, 04:18 PM
blackout
5th Gear Member

I'm using the 93 octane tune from Fred right now and boy am I impressed. What a difference it really is and was worth ever dollar I spent. You should honestly notice a big difference when you floor the car, I think the first time that I gave it a little bit of gas I got whiplash. Just kidding about the whiplash but it really is a substantial difference.
Old 03-23-2006, 05:51 PM
nbk13nw
2nd Gear Member

You will not find an adjustment for Throttle Lag in the Extreme software application. It is only in the Dealer tuning package that you can adjust it. So, any good tuner out there hase the ability to make these adjustments. I will post the actual code so you can tell the tuner what needs to be adjusted.
Old 03-23-2006, 06:11 PM
LarryS
2nd Gear Member

The factory bin file has the Charge Motion plates full open at 2900 rpm at .475 TP REL. That's with my automatic, manuals could be different. This I believe to be the source of trottle lag. The throttle plates open instantly when depressing the accelerator. The CM plates do not.

I have the SCT Pro Racers Package. I changed my programming to open the plates at 1500 rpm @ .475 TP REL. Or if you like you could have them open full at all times. I can't feel any low end torque loss. If anything I feel it has more power. With my automatic I'm usually always above 1500 rpm during acceleration so the plates are now full open even during moderate acceleration.

I had a hesitation at launch with the factory CM plate programming. This should eliminate that problem. I will know for sure after tomorrow night when I go to the track. Will be interesting to see if my 60' improves.
Old 03-23-2006, 06:23 PM
nbk13nw
2nd Gear Member

You must be 8850 from the "other" forum. I read your short description on the lag issue and the points of interest that need to be adjusted within the tune itself in order to completeely eliminate the lag issue. Please correct me if I am wrong.

Your using the Advantage software and this is the same or comparable to what most tuners are using?

The adjustment point was idle_speed_RPM_adder_for_ECT and it should be set to Zero. Also, you adjusted the idle_speed_RPM_adder_for_ECT_at_start_up in order to bring the rpm's down at start up. Basically, everything the the tuner would need to look at for throttle lag issues should be under the heading of "Idle".

Is this correct? And by the way.... great info! Thanks!

ORIGINAL: LarryS

The factory bin file has the Charge Motion plates full open at 2900 rpm at .475 TP REL. That's with my automatic, manuals could be different. This I believe to be the source of trottle lag. The throttle plates open instantly when depressing the accelerator. The CM plates do not.

I have the SCT Pro Racers Package. I changed my programming to open the plates at 1500 rpm @ .475 TP REL. Or if you like you could have them open full at all times. I can't feel any low end torque loss. If anything I feel it has more power. With my automatic I'm usually always above 1500 rpm during acceleration so the plates are now full open even during moderate acceleration.

I had a hesitation at launch with the factory CM plate programming. This should eliminate that problem. I will know for sure after tomorrow night when I go to the track. Will be interesting to see if my 60' improves.
Old 03-23-2006, 06:36 PM
LarryS
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: nbk13nw

You must be 8850 from the "other" forum. I read your short description on the lag issue and the points of interest that need to be adjusted within the tune itself in order to completeely eliminate the lag issue. Please correct me if I am wrong.

Your using the Advantage software and this is the same or comparable to what most tuners are using?

The adjustment point was idle_speed_RPM_adder_for_ECT and it should be set to Zero. Also, you adjusted the idle_speed_RPM_adder_for_ECT_at_start_up in order to bring the rpm's down at start up. Basically, everything the the tuner would need to look at for throttle lag issues should be under the heading of "Idle".

Is this correct? And by the way.... great info! Thanks!

ORIGINAL: LarryS

Yep, that's me! I may have stated that wrong if that is my quote. You have to go to category imrc, imrc_opening_rpm to get rid of the throttle lag. The idle issue is a totally different problem to be solved under the category idle.

I don't know that anybody other than SCT has the Advantage and it's full capability programming. At least SCT is the only one I could find.
Old 03-24-2006, 01:38 AM
Gone2
2nd Gear Member

Ok, so I guess the "canned" tuned took care of it..