Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
Old 10-27-2015, 10:40 AM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:

Browse all: Lighting
Print Wikipost

anybody change headlight/foglight bulbs?

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2006, 12:24 AM
trey929
2nd Gear Member

Default anybody change headlight/foglight bulbs?

I'm looking to change to be a tad brighter and maybe a bluish color. Anybody know where to get them?
Old 03-24-2006, 12:53 AM
osfan82

Default RE: anybody change headlight/foglight bulbs?

I haven't changed mine yet, but I've been considering going with the Nokya's listed in Professor's writeup on non-performance items (also a sticky at the top of the topic list). The H10 foglight bulbs are out of stock at the suggested site though...

ORIGINAL: Professor Wizard

=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+ =+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+

Are you wishing your headlights were brighter?

Here is a site with H13 (9008) Xenon Halogen Upgrade bulbs - made by Nokya (A good brand) in the Arctic White Series.

http://automotivelightingusa.com

Shipping is pretty inexpensive (around $5) and they also have the Nokya Arctic White H10 bulbs so GT owners can get matching fog lights.

=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+ =+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+
Old 03-24-2006, 01:12 AM
osfan82

Also, if anyone has these already... Is it safe to use the Hi-wattage stage 2 version of the H13 bulb, or should we stick with the stock wattage. The Hi-wattage version draws about 30/35 more watts than the stock version so I wasn't sure if it would melt the housings or harnesses...
Old 03-24-2006, 01:34 AM
MHShockey30
2nd Gear Member

I have the stage II in mine and they seem fine so far. I have had them for about a week now and love them. They are way better than stock.
Old 03-24-2006, 01:35 AM
ohfiveride
2nd Gear Member

fyi..if you change out your fog bulbs you probably will experience what happened to me and a few others....if the bulbs burn any hotter than stock the peice that surrounds the bulb that directs the light will fall off to the bottom of the light housing bc its only held in with glue....you really cant fix it once it falls off...my left one fell off then 2 days later the right one.....on a good note.....the light shines brighter when they fall...just get ready for people to laugh and point when they see those things just sitting in the bottom of your light
Old 03-24-2006, 01:43 AM
osfan82

ohfive... That sucks. Did you have the Nokya bulbs? If not, what brand/wattage did you have? I'm not so sure that brighter lights is worth having a piece of my car fall off.

shockey... any problems with the foglight bulbs like ohfive had?
Old 03-24-2006, 01:59 AM
ohfiveride
2nd Gear Member

i cant exactly recall what brand but it might have been noyka......i got them a couple of months ago online bc it was the only company that had matching fog and headlight brands that seemed to put out a real blue light....when i recieved both sets of lights the blue glass was different from each other..(the fogs didnt look like the headlights)..anyway my left lowbeam didnt work after a couple of weeks..but the fogs are awesome besides the fact that it made those things fall off......they shine almost brighter than my headlights and are so much bluer than the stocks lowbeams i had to put back in
Old 03-24-2006, 01:23 PM
BeeStang
3rd Gear Member

So far, this has been the issue facing most people. The bulbs burn hotter and have been melting the lens and the glue that holds the metal bulb shrouds in, myself included. Both my fog lights have been damaged using an aftermarket bulb. Think twice before your mod, because if it messes anything up, Ford may not cover it under warranty, especially if you melt the lens. They will know that you had different bulbs installed.

ORIGINAL: osfan82

Also, if anyone has these already... Is it safe to use the Hi-wattage stage 2 version of the H13 bulb, or should we stick with the stock wattage. The Hi-wattage version draws about 30/35 more watts than the stock version so I wasn't sure if it would melt the housings or harnesses...
Old 03-24-2006, 07:40 PM
trey929
2nd Gear Member

ok but if i use a aftermarket bulb that retains the same wattage, i should be ok right?
Old 03-24-2006, 09:21 PM
trey929
2nd Gear Member

i ending up getting a pair of H-10 fog light bulbs and a pair of H-13 headlight bulbs from automotivelightingusa both nokya brands. I seen a pic of them on someone's stang over at blackmustangclub.com under the exterior forum and i liked them a lot.

I went with stock wattage on the headlights. both fogs and headlights have a blueish tint taht look pretty cool.

thanks

Quick Reply: anybody change headlight/foglight bulbs?