Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Floor mats and ashtray question.

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2006, 01:10 PM
Missy
1st Gear Member

Default Floor mats and ashtray question.

I have the 2006 Mustang GT Premium with the interior accent package and interior upgrade. I just realized I have red front floor mats...but no back floor mats at all. Is this normal or did FORD screw me? Also..not that it matters, because I quit smoking 6 years ago...BUT..I noticed there are no ashtrays and no cigarette lighter. There are the power outlet plugs though..(Great thing for my radar detector.) I take it ashtrays are optional or do they just not make them anymore?

Show's how much I paid attention when the sales guy showed me my car when it came off the truck. HAHA.
Old 03-24-2006, 01:24 PM
CarsandCigars
1st Gear Member

Default RE: Floor mats and ashtray question.

I have the same package. Ford sells an accessory package for smokers. It includes and cig lighter and ashtray. Just a side note, I know my id is "Carsand Cigars", but I would never smoke in my baby. I only smoke when I go fast.........................[sm=gears.gif]

The floor mats are another way Ford can save $5.00. Kinda like not painting the mirrors.[:@] Oh well, at least they spent their money on the design.
Old 03-24-2006, 02:05 PM
algregory
3rd Gear Member

Has anybody found some really good floor mats yet?

Missy, I have the set which came with the car, it did have mats for the back seat. So you may want to check with the dealer.

I ordered mats before I got the car, thinking the car wouldn't have any. The are "wrong" because they are not the same "cut" as the ones with the car, apparently, they were cut to match the old Mustang floor pans. [:@]

Lastly, that raised spot where your left foot invariably comes to rest is the "dead petal" a place to rest/brace your left foot. All my BMW mats had coverage of that spot. I have not been able to find mats yet to cover that, and cover more of the area higher up behind the petals, and under the glove box. Anyone else?
Old 03-24-2006, 02:05 PM
STANGT
1st Gear Member

I have the same package. I never noticed if I have or don't have floor mats in the back.

My dealership was pushing some new front & rear floor mats on me. They are a thick black, rubber mat with a mustang pony in the center! They look sweet.

Honestly, I really don't like the red mats that came with the car. The red doesn't match the rest of the interior & they are kind of fuzzy?? Sort of cheesy to me.............

[IMG]local://upfiles/32431/BF648B5D9EBD4608816DEEA032812A1C.jpg[/IMG]
Old 03-24-2006, 02:08 PM
STANGT
1st Gear Member

To be honest Missy I think my car came with mats in the back also. Like the post above said. Think you better ask the dealer.
Old 03-24-2006, 02:45 PM
skin5050
2nd Gear Member

I just got my 06 GT in January and only got mats up front. Mine did not come with back floor mats. I guess ford cheaped out! Or my dealership?
Old 03-24-2006, 02:50 PM
Big Red
2nd Gear Member

same thing happened to me, I dont think any come with rear floormats, but I had to have em so I was able to get them here http://partscheap.com/mustangaccessories05.htm from and rears with a nice pony on em, they look really nice and match the interior color perfectly (I have light graphite.)
Old 03-24-2006, 03:11 PM
skillful
2nd Gear Member

I didn't receive a cig lighter either. Not to worried about that because there is NO smoking in it at all!! I did get a 12 volt cap to put in its place though. At least I think thats what it said, can't remember because I can't find it. Guess it grew legs and got to steppin. As for matts in the back, didnt get them either. Not to worried about that because I'm not a TAXI!! LOL
Old 03-24-2006, 03:26 PM
lkinser

I just bought a 2006 Pony Package in Feb. and it didn't come with rear floor mats either.
Old 03-24-2006, 03:53 PM
mypony

I got these for my birthday! Just put them in last night. From MustangTuning.com. Includes the rears which are just plain black.

[IMG]local://upfiles/33006/33217AF016EB43DBA8E5F505963219B9.jpg[/IMG]

Quick Reply: Floor mats and ashtray question.