Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Problem with one of my pullies - help!

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2006, 12:23 AM
Rider
1st Gear Member

Default RE: Problem with one of my pullies - help!

It's the A/C

test it like this> **** set to foot/windsheild> drive around> car gets colder in the interior climate.

> **** set to foot> drive around> car does not get colder in the interior enviroment.

But why does the light on the A/C button NOT come on? That is the problem.

Turn the **** to max/ac and when the ac comes on so does the light on the a/c button. The windshield position on the **** should also activate the led on the A/C button.

nuff said
Old 03-25-2006, 12:36 AM
Newbreedgt05
3rd Gear Member

If the A/C is not on and the climate control **** is not on any of the window defogging positions, then then there should be no clicking noise. The most effective way to defog the windows is to use cold air, so if the **** is in the window defogger position, the A/C compressor will automatically come on. A/C compressors cycle on and off every 20 seconds or so. The colder it is outside, the more frequently it will cycle. It is the same way on all of the vehicles I own. It should be pretty cold in NY right now, and that is why it is cycling so often. If the clicking sound is loud enough to hear clearly inside the car or if its clicking when its not in the defogger position, then there might be something wrong with it. I doubt it though.
Old 03-25-2006, 12:40 AM
2006MustangGTNYC
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Newbreedgt05

If the A/C is not on and the climate control **** is not on any of the window defogging positions, then then there should be no clicking noise. The most effective way to defog the windows is to use cold air, so if the **** is in the window defogger position, the A/C compressor will automatically come on. A/C compressors cycle on and off every 20 seconds or so. The colder it is outside, the more frequently it will cycle. It is the same way on all of the vehicles I own. It should be pretty cold in NY right now, and that is why it is cycling so often. If the clicking sound is loud enough to hear clearly inside the car or if its clicking when its not in the defogger position, then there might be something wrong with it. I doubt it though.

OK, I am starting to feel a little better now. Today, it was 40 degrees when I was driving out. OBVIOUSLY I didn't have my a/c on. I usually like to keep the heat on but on the windshield/foot position so it doesn't blow in my face - that is the only time the a/c compressor will turn on and off (creating clicking sounds which can be heard inside the car with windows down). However, when I turn the nobe to the front dashboard air vents/foot, the clicking sound stops (turning off and on of the a/c compressor)
Old 03-26-2006, 03:10 AM
Newbreedgt05
3rd Gear Member

Look at the bottom of page 29 in the manual. It'll explain everything.
Old 03-26-2006, 05:53 AM
2006MustangGTNYC
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Newbreedgt05

Look at the bottom of page 29 in the manual. It'll explain everything.

Thank you everyone! Case is closed!

My buddies 06 auto does the same exact thing. My worries are over.

Old 03-26-2006, 07:47 AM
miketx
1st Gear Member

heh you shoulda heard my old 89 gmc blazer, that a/c compressor turned on and off every 2 seconds, sounded like it was broke but was apparenty normal opertion for it

usually when they click on and off real fast the freon is getting low, dunno about new cars these days though