Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Damn first ticket.... by a mustang owning cop at that!

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2006, 02:18 AM
zanemoseley
2nd Gear Member

Default Damn first ticket.... by a mustang owning cop at that!

Yup I got one today going 75 in a 55 but its a stupid road. Its like an interstate where it's 4 lanes and really straight and not heavily traveled yet its considered a highway and the speed limit is only 55 in the spot I got the ticket. The real pisser was he owns a new 6'er. I say a real mustang fan wouldn't have given me a ticket but I guess thats just me. He even did a Uie to get me. Bastard. I wasn't even meaning to go fast but thats what happens when you have a smooth ridin' stang I suppose.
Old 03-25-2006, 02:26 AM
jesterj99
1st Gear Member

Default RE: Damn first ticket.... by a mustang owning cop at that!

That sucks you should have told him you'd race him for it...lol
Old 03-25-2006, 02:46 AM
zanemoseley
2nd Gear Member

Thats what I was thinkin lol. He was being a total *** too. He was filling out the ticket and I tried talking to him about his stang and he was just being a *****. It wasn't like I was tryin to get out of the ticket cause he was already writing it out I was just tryin to be cool and he was being a douch bag.
Old 03-25-2006, 03:14 AM
blackout
5th Gear Member

Wow, that blows. Some cops can be extremely nice and others just not care and act like its there job to be a complete *** hole. Sorry about the ticket and your definately not the only one that speeds, because we all do but unfortunately you got caught. I figure he liked the stang so thats why he did the U turn. Did you have any chance of getting away swiftly like turning off anywhere, considering he must've been pretty far behind.
Old 03-25-2006, 04:02 AM
zanemoseley
2nd Gear Member

LOL I tried but the road has many u turn spots so I couldn't get far enough ahead to get off the road without him seeing where I went. Believe me I considered it
Old 03-25-2006, 05:02 AM
blackout
5th Gear Member

Yeah man, that really sucks that stupid feeling of getting pulled over. Although you still have that hope that the cop might be leanient. So anyways, he clocked you going 75 while he was driving on the other side? Or did he actually have a radar set up and after he clocked you he did a U turn around and came in your direction? Still can't get over the fact on how gay some cops can be.
Old 03-25-2006, 05:10 AM
Scaught
2nd Gear Member

Yeah, I was following three ricer bikes on the freeway doing 80 going around a long curve. Just 80 for christs sake!!! Everyone knows that with a little gas you could be going 145. So I come around the corner the bikes all slam on thier breaks, I hit mine and right around the curve is a State Highway cop. He ignores the bikes and goes right after me. I have the woman, her boy and my boy in the car. We are going to the zoo for christs sake. He asks me, how fast were you going? I said, I don't really know, those guys on the motorcycles past me so fast I was not paying attention to the speedo. Well, you were going 80 in a 60, but I'll let you off for going 5 over. Hot woman + kids = easy off with cops...
Old 03-25-2006, 05:25 AM
blackout
5th Gear Member

At least he was leanient, but still I don't understand why he wouldn't go for the bikers. Most likely I would say because there were more than one, i'm not exactly sure but that sucks too.
Old 03-25-2006, 06:38 AM
Shard Phoenix
2nd Gear Member

Motorcyclists are almost impossible to pull over. If they run you cant chase them because its considered endagerement. You cant spike strip them so they get away just about every time, cars are hard to get away with.
Old 03-25-2006, 09:20 AM
LesteR723
5th Gear Member

cops can be such *********.... he just pulled you over becasue he's envious and cant afford a GT... sorry about the tick bud

Quick Reply: Damn first ticket.... by a mustang owning cop at that!