Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Damn first ticket.... by a mustang owning cop at that!

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2006, 09:56 AM
6xStang
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Damn first ticket.... by a mustang owning cop at that!

I got nailed for 87 in a 55 a couple of weeks ago (not in my mustang). Wrote me up for the full amount. Punishable by up to 6 mos in jail, a honkin fine, and a license suspension. And of course I am innocent.

The lawyer will cost me quite a few car payments.

Feel better now?
Old 03-25-2006, 10:00 AM
bushbanger
2nd Gear Member

It is the whole red car thing ...cops love red cars:&gt
Old 03-25-2006, 01:13 PM
Truxtun
2nd Gear Member

I am driving along in the right lane on a 4 lane highway (2 one way/2 the other) with no traffic around me. As I round the corner (doing the Speed Limit, mind you) I see 3 Cop cars in a row, with a car pulled over, and them handcuffing a guy on his trunk. So I immedialtly move to the left lane so as to avoid them and give them more room to do their stuff. One of the cops runs back to his car, turns on the lights and pulls me over!! Guess what for... ---> Not turning on my turn signal when I changed lanes!!! WTF!! I even explained why I moved over in a hurry... [:'(][:'(]
Old 03-25-2006, 01:16 PM
zanemoseley
2nd Gear Member

Yeah I'm sure if I was driving my 2001 sentra at 75 on the same road he woulda never even looked at me. And he clocked me across like 3 lanes and a 20ft wide strip of grass going the opposite way. I still don't understand how those radar guns do that ****.
Old 03-25-2006, 01:18 PM
zanemoseley
2nd Gear Member

Oh and after he was being a dick and not being friendly I though about saying something like "don't worry man you'll be able to afford a GT someday" but I'm in TN and he might magically find some crack in my car or something then I'd be F'ed.
Old 03-25-2006, 02:03 PM
mustangman2424
I ♥ Acer

He might not have even used a radar gun. One time a couple of years ago we got pulled over by a cop because we were doing 80 in a 65, and my dad asked him if he used a radar gun , and the cop said no so it would have been illegal for him to give us a ticket.
Old 03-25-2006, 02:20 PM
Lawman165
1st Gear Member

If they catch you from behind they don't need radar. With certified speedos you only have to be paced for 2 blocks and you can get written up. I personally have better things to do at work than write speeding tickets. You have to remember that some of these guys in the smaller towns have nothing to do but traffic. Their call for service load is near zero so traffic enforcement is their life. Unless you are acting like a total *** or blowing through a residential/school zone/etc I have bigger fish to fry. Personally I would have gone after the crotch rockets. Those guys automatically **** me off 90% of the time.
Old 03-25-2006, 02:31 PM
ThisBlood147
5th Gear Member

It's something we're gonna have to get used to with these new mustangs. I've had about 12 instances in the 8 months I've had this car where a cop pulled onto the highway behind me and stayed a ways back..........pacing me. I swear it's like I'm a known drug czar and they're waiting to see me try and pull a deal or something. lol I guess that will get worse once the stripes go on.
Just remember, if you are being passed up on the highway by cheaper or duller cars going much faster than you.......don't assume it's safe to tag along behind them. A cop can witness 2 pickup trucks, a Prelude, and a Buick Lesabre pass by doing 70 in a 55.......and if he sees you ( in a mustang) driving anything near the speed of those other vehicles YOU will be the one he pulls over. And I can vouch for that, because it happend to me back when I first got my 98.
Matter of fact, if you drive a truck, SUV, or minivan in my area.........you're are about 80% less likely to be pulled over for speeding (provided you are not doing 30+ over) than if you are in a mustang, camaro, or anything remotely sporty. Guess cops see a sporty car driving over the speed limit and just ASSUME that it's some young punk with no respect for his authority........so they drop the hammer down hard on them.
Old 03-25-2006, 03:48 PM
LesteR723
5th Gear Member

i'v never bene pulled over in my car... but i'v had at LEAST 10 cops just follow me for miles- but i stay at or under the speed limit and change pace so they cant get an accurate speed rating. then i go home lol.
Old 03-25-2006, 04:15 PM
skillful
2nd Gear Member

A bike might be able to out run the cop car. Just remember one little thing!!
They have radios!! Can't outrun that.

Quick Reply: Damn first ticket.... by a mustang owning cop at that!