Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

05/06 Wheel Question and pictures requested please

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2006, 05:34 AM
W1ldcat
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: 05/06 Wheel Question and pictures requested please

Nautique,
Your car is awesome. Thanks for the cool pics!!
WC
Old 03-27-2006, 01:00 PM
06GT4RAD
5th Gear Member

That pisses me off that you would say that about someone elses choice of rim. "Why did you put that on a mustang" BECAUSE IT IS HIS FUC*ING CAR JERK. People like you should be lined up and shot. Maybe he is not looking for the "retro" style. The car is not really retro. That is just a catch phrase to sell more cars. If I met you in a parking lot and you said that to my face, I would kick your A$$ right there on the spot. Big mouth and opinions online dude, weak sauce.

You even laugh at him and then say to each his own...

I live in the Seattle area. I hope you do to.

Not cool to spit on a man's ride...
Well i am new to the board and wasn't going to say anything like this even though it is how i feel. I agree 100% with what Scaught said. Honestly I am getting tired of the SO CALLED Mustang Purist everywhere i go when I ask questions about wheels bagging about the whole 20's being put on the car. SkyMedics car is Freakin Badass and him posting those pictures has most likely pushed me over the edge for 20's on the car. Know Like i have already said I am not a fan of big wheels. Rest assured I am fighting with this decision so bad it really is stupid. But like i said this New Mustang look AWESOME with 20's pure and simple. And while i also agree that everyone has there opinion sometimes it is just plain better to keep it to yourself. And this is one of those times. And just so everyone knows I am a grown man with kids in college so I am not some young twerp trying to be cool. I like customizing cars/trucks. In Fact here is my truck. And those are 18's on my truck. Which i might add i fought over getting but love how it ended up looking. And yes it is a Street KING. To much money into it to bash it off road.

Richard
Old 03-27-2006, 01:54 PM
Scooter80
2nd Gear Member

Jeez, settle down peeps. It's a forum. If people didn't express their opinion, the forum wouldn't be here. The original topic poster requested advice on wheels, that's what he's getting by getting people to post their pics and people to react to those pics. For someone to blaze another for asking why he went with 20's is rediculous. Leave that for the other Mustang forums. This one has been free of that type of talk since I signed up until I read this one. Scaught was way outta line. SK3055 prefaced his comment with no offense, so none should be taken.
The quasi-threat was a real nice touch too, Scaught. Gimme a break.
Old 03-27-2006, 06:23 PM
Scaught
2nd Gear Member

Ok, OK, DOn't drink and post. I deserve a PWI(Posting while intoxicated).

My bad and please accept my apologies.

What I really didn't like was that the original guy with the cut down was out of line. By saying it looked like MTV pimp my ride was out of line. Cars are an expression of our personalities and this car is capable of being whatever we make it. How sad would the world be if we all had the same 18" old school deep dish rims and the same hoods and the same stripes. The mods availble make this car great. Everyone can do what they wish.

I just think it is terrible to knock on someone for their self expression. The new style 20" rims that are on the grey stang are that persons own personality and taste. Let them have their fun and be themselves. Cutting them down is totally wrong and out of line.

If a person was a "purist', why not go out and restore a 67-69??? That my friends is as pure as you can get. These new stangs are just that, NEW!!! Totally remade. They hint at years gone by, but they look to the future as well. 20" rims are the future.

I went with 19" and I love them!!!!

Sorry again for the afrontery with my intoxication...
Old 03-30-2006, 02:29 PM
jay0heavenly
3rd Gear Member

Hey what series tires are you running? They look like 40's. Have you ever experienced any rubbing if they are 40's?