Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Mustang GT v. Caddy CTS-V

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2006, 03:26 PM
SPARTAN VI
4th Gear Member

Default RE: Mustang GT v. Caddy CTS-V

Either way, you're going to turn heads. I know you'd absolutely love your stang and that you'll be obsessed with it. You'll be so occupied with your new pony that you will sell your children to get those 20"s you've always wanted and you'll make your wife pay for "deeds."

Or maybe I'm just projecting myself onto you.

As you have a family, I'd lean toward the CTS-V. It can be a pain for people to climb into the back of the stang, so I hope your kids are small... You can't go wrong either way. Good luck with your purchase!
Old 03-27-2006, 03:30 PM
6xStang
3rd Gear Member

ahh; I am lucky in that I don't need to choose between them....except which one to drive on any given day. I get to have both, so says my accountant.

yeah in a few years that back seat will not be big enough for the kids, so then I can justify the 'vette.
Old 03-27-2006, 05:21 PM
drmustang

This thread really caught my attention because I lease a CTS-V with a business allowance and close to getting an 06 GT. This will not be my first stang, have had a number of them.

The CTS-V has a nice motor which is somewhat restrained by by the 700 lbs of weight vs. the C5 ZO6.
Drag racing the V is pointless without major rearend/suspension mods. The car does handle well and has oustanding 14" brakes.

I am looking forward to getting back into a Mustang and starting the mods ASAP.
Old 03-27-2006, 06:37 PM
Orion_240
6th Gear Member

I both drove and rode in the back seat of the CTS-V and for the most part I can say your observations are correct. I don't think it's fair to compare the cars' performance or prices, as they are not meant to compete with each other in either arena.
The Caddy is all about luxury; it just happens that the guys at GM are smart enough to put the Vette engine in a CTS. Ford guys aren't, which is why there is still no 5.4 DOHC option for the Mustang... and we are still waiting for the GT500...
I will say that the back seat of the Caddy didn't have as much room as I'd expected, though it was plush and comfy. If i had to drive to Vegas I want the Caddy, but if i had to race there... I'd take my GT!
If someone had come up to me and said I'd won either car and had to choose just one (and I couldn't resell it and buy something cheaper!) I would still have taken the Mustang GT. I need automatic (none is available in the V) for city driving plus I think the retro look is much better than that squarish look of the Caddilac.
It's a personal preference. Like for guys - would you prefer a supermodel or the hot girl-next-door?