Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

TOP TEN MUSTANG LIKES

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2006, 08:59 PM
AmericanMuscle4.6GT
5th Gear Member

Default TOP TEN MUSTANG LIKES

What are the top ten things you like about your S197 stang? Just thought id make a little questionaiire-ish thing, see if we can get a little list going lol but that probably wont be too hard.

also, what 10 things **** you off most about the new stang?
Old 03-28-2006, 10:11 PM
67Sally
4th Gear Member

Default RE: TOP TEN MUSTANG LIKES

I love the new er not new design but I wish it was lighter
Old 03-28-2006, 10:15 PM
Kaldar142
4th Gear Member

i love the new design, but i hate the aerodynamics, weighs too much and i wish it was more handling orientated
Old 03-28-2006, 10:42 PM
05ROUSHER
2nd Gear Member

Top ten #1 More leg room, #2 The look of the car, #3 The looks and the thumbs up and smiles from the chevy and dodge guys, #4 The potential of the 3V motor, #5 Handling, #6 The ease of getting to things when doing mods, #7 The steering, #8 The way it scared the hell out of my die-hard chevy fanantic freind, #9 The roush leather seating, #10 The roush package

Items I don't like
1- Noisey Trans.
2- Throttle by wire
3- Noisey front suspension (there is room for improvment)
4- No trunk release button (I probably could get industrious and put one in)
Old 03-28-2006, 11:51 PM
SK3055
1st Gear Member

I like the retro style, overall look of the car, loud engine, leg room, interior esp. the leather seats, sound system (very nice for stock), powerful engine and modding capabilities, handling, and most of all the fact that it's a Mustang.

My biggest dislike is how hard it is to reach the seat belt!!! I also kinda wish it was lighter and had a trunk release button. But mostly it's just that damn seat belt haha *shakes fist at the belt
Old 03-29-2006, 12:51 AM
sonicblue05
3rd Gear Member

have you tried hooking it on the seat belt retainer? (on the left side of drivers seat) its like a little snap.
Old 03-29-2006, 02:17 AM
Mag66

Likes & Dislikes are, in no particular order;

Its a 'stang... GT.. so one of my childhood dreams has been realised and I finally own a really good American Muscle car! Thats a major plus to begin with!

Shaker 500 - Good sound and excellent MP3 support but why does it insist on inserting a 2 sec gap between tracks when no such gap exists on the cd itself???

Antenna - Would have rather had one that was retractable.. or shorter.. or even on that is hidden completely like the embedded rear window type..

Power/Torque/Engine/Sound- It's a 'stang with a V8.. and it lives up to it's heritage.. Simply excellent with lots of promise in the future with mods.. No complaints about gas milage.. as it's a big engine so what do you expect.. anyhow I had an 8.. and it was pretty bad for a 1.3L engine

Handling - Ok.. my big beef with the 'stang... My problem is I have been spoilt by owning an RX8.. probably the best handling car in it's price range (and above by quite a few grand..) so coming to the 'stang.. was quite a let down.. The hops are annoying and to be honest it doesn't instill the same level of confidence that the RX8 did when cornering or going over rough roads.. but then again, the RX8 had about as much torque as a hair dryer..... so it's down to taste.. If only there was a car in the $30k range that had both the handling of the 8 and the engine and history of the 'stang..

Interior- Love the retro look.. (and the red leather seats. which are very comfortable.. and hold you secure without being too 'tight'.) but the plastic dash.. really lets the whole package down imho.. Nice amount of leg room.. in front.. but the back is still a joke.. but that's not a complaint as such because what else should we expect from a two door.. At least the rear seats fold down!! Great A/C.. excellent for the Arizona weather! (The 8's was pathetic!) - Not enough storage space in doors.. Under dash cubbie hole seems flimsy.. and tricky to close at times. Wish basic Audio controls could have been implemented on the steering wheel...

Auto - Happy with the way the auto shifts.. very responsive compared to many other Auto's I've driven over here... (Though it's not perfect hence why my first mods are going to be things that improve that side of the car's performance) but I hate the placement and design of the Auto stick itself.. If only it worked like a normal stick shift.. much like on the 8.... though I don't really miss the 'manumatic' of the 8 like I thought I would because of how the 'stang's auto shifts but it would still be better if it had a H type layout for the 3 gears.. Cruise control seems to work very well..

Exterior - Great lights - Good body shape... excellent color but crap paint... Good visability all around.. Lots of excellent comments from other drivers.. which always makes you feel good!

Overall... Great price.. Great Performance for that price.. hence great value.. B+ with the promise of an A-/A after several mods are installed!

Mag
Old 03-29-2006, 02:55 AM
Missy
1st Gear Member

Not in any particular order...I like:

1-The retro look
2-The "mycolor function" (What can I say..I am easily amused.)
3-How all the young guys almost break their necks checking out my car...
4-and then they attempt to race me on the highway and without even trying I win.
5-I love the handling. (Had a 1993 and 2000 mustangs and this is by far the best with handling)
6-I love how comfortable it feels to sit in..(The leather seats and leg room.)
7-How it shifts. At first I hated it. Couldn't feel the clutch grab, but now am used to it and love it.
8-I like all the body and performance modifications that can be done to it. The possibilities are endless.
9-I love how the car purrs when at an idle and ROARS when its driven.
10-How the shaker 1000 sounds. I had a nice system in my last stang..but this really blows that away..

I dislike:

-The car payments
-The insurance payments...$1380 for 6 months and I have a spotless record..
-The blind spots are HORRIBLE
-The look of the shaker 1000. Too plain looking. Wish the display did funky things like my pioneer used to do.

That's all I can think of right now.
Old 03-29-2006, 03:45 AM
SK3055
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: sonicblue05

have you tried hooking it on the seat belt retainer? (on the left side of drivers seat) its like a little snap.
AHHH I can reach it now! Lol thanks
Old 03-29-2006, 09:41 AM
05CLASSIC
2nd Gear Member

The total package!! Interior comfort---exterior looks and the looks I get----sound, interior(shaker 500) and exterior(exhaust-engine)---performance and available mods!!! AWESOME[sm=burnout.gif]

Quick Reply: TOP TEN MUSTANG LIKES