Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

what do you think of this grill?

Old 03-30-2006, 08:36 PM
fairlane292
5th Gear Member

Default RE: what do you think of this grill?

OMG, that looks like the same profile as oem honeycomb; I'm thinking that band across the top is not actually aprt of the grill (I hope anyway) Tell me who is MRT; call him/them up right now and ask (lol). Damn, how you find this stuff; you should start your own "accessory locator" service. :-) ...let me know what you find; this is VERY INTERESTING!!! ...Jim
Old 03-30-2006, 08:40 PM
randy78045
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Professor Wizard

What good is a grill you can't BBQ on ?

Note: I'm fealing sarcastic today!
+10
I like mine better.....
Old 03-30-2006, 08:46 PM
fairlane292
5th Gear Member

I just went to their web site; I don't see that they offer such a grill; no doubt it's a "one off". Anyway I EMailed them for any and all info they can provide on it. That's exactly what I want, OEM honecomb, no lights no pony. ...want people scratchin theirs heads, ya know? As soon as I get info from MRT I'll post it here. ..Jim
Old 03-30-2006, 08:59 PM
ThisBlood147
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: fairlane292

I just went to their web site; I don't see that they offer such a grill; no doubt it's a "one off". Anyway I EMailed them for any and all info they can provide on it. That's exactly what I want, OEM honecomb, no lights no pony. ...want people scratchin theirs heads, ya know? As soon as I get info from MRT I'll post it here. ..Jim
Yea, I remembered the MRT Interceptor mustang a few nights ago and went to their site looking to see if they were offering that grill yet. Nope. However, they are about to release the rear air diffusor from the Interceptor to the public....so maybe there's some hope. Let us know if you find out anything.
Old 04-05-2006, 11:14 PM
fairlane292
5th Gear Member

I was looking at a V6 today and the grill fits snug all around the outer perimeter of the bumper, the same way as the GT. Now we know the GT bumper and V6 bumper are different; would you say that the outer profile that is visible on the GT and V6 is in fact different in size or is it inside where it fits that the difference exists? I was thinking of making a white sheet cardboard pattern of my outer grill profile from my GT and putting it up against a V6 in the parking lot where I work. If the outer profile that is visible where it meets the bumper is the same then the V6 grill would look fine on the outside; I would just need to make up the differences that you spoke of behind the grill; IF THAT"S WHERE THE DIFFERENCES ARE. Can you please elaborate on the dimensional differences as you have had both in your presence at the same time. Thanks so much for the info!!!!!!! ...Jim
Old 04-05-2006, 11:24 PM
fairlane292
5th Gear Member

They called me and left a msg saying that they do have plans to make the grill but could not give me any timeframe at this point. The guy said they would either call or EMail me when they have more info. ...I guess that means don't hold your breath. I'm gonna make a pattern of the GT grill and compare it to the V6. If it's the same and only the inside dimensions are smaller I can easily make it work. Then it's see ya to the pony; OEM grill, no lights, no pony; and hopefully no need to paint it. ...more later... ....Jim
Old 04-05-2006, 11:27 PM
fairlane292
5th Gear Member

BTW, any more info on that "paint" that more or less dies the plastic" used on your lower grill; I've used black adhesion promoter on plastic but you "can" scratch/scrape it if you really want to.

thanks, Jim
Old 04-05-2006, 11:32 PM
ThisBlood147
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: fairlane292

They called me and left a msg saying that they do have plans to make the grill but could not give me any timeframe at this point. The guy said they would either call or EMail me when they have more info. ...I guess that means don't hold your breath. I'm gonna make a pattern of the GT grill and compare it to the V6. If it's the same and only the inside dimensions are smaller I can easily make it work. Then it's see ya to the pony; OEM grill, no lights, no pony; and hopefully no need to paint it. ...more later... ....Jim
I think I'll make an inquiry to them about that grill also. Sometimes getting interest from several parties on a particular product in a short time span greases the wheels a bit. I'll let you know...
Old 04-05-2006, 11:34 PM
fairlane292
5th Gear Member

Good thought!! Anyone else???? Pitch in now...
Old 04-06-2006, 12:11 AM
CrimeScene
2nd Gear Member

Just a question about this kinda thing,meaning that some owners are trying to take a GT and make it into a FAKE cobra,is that not what you make fun of when people take a honda and glue V-tec stickes and stuff on it?

I am not flaming or trying to but don't you feel kinda funny having a fake car? a poiser Cobra?

The grill I could understand but adding the Cobra stuff to it?

No offence intended here.

CrimeScene

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: what do you think of this grill?