Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

what do you think of this grill?

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2006, 12:21 AM
ThisBlood147
5th Gear Member

Default RE: what do you think of this grill?

ORIGINAL: CrimeScene

Just a question about this kinda thing,meaning that some owners are trying to take a GT and make it into a FAKE cobra,is that not what you make fun of when people take a honda and glue V-tec stickes and stuff on it?

I am not flaming or trying to but don't you feel kinda funny having a fake car? a poiser Cobra?

The grill I could understand but adding the Cobra stuff to it?

No offence intended here.

CrimeScene
I don't know who you're referring to on that one. My plans for a foglamp-free grill has to do with a certain "look" I'm considering.......not doing a recreation or clone of any other mustang. I'm pretty sure that fairlane's idea is similar to mine. As far as the whole putting on badges that don't reflect what your car is.........weeeellllllllllll, that one's kinda sticky. Bottomline, I think whatever you wanna do with your car is your business. And I guess its hard with this 60's styled body not to wanna do your own interpretation of a Mach1, or Shelby, or Boss mustangs of that era. I personally feel that such badging warrants "at least" the performance mods to back it up. But some may disagree.
I had planned on doing a classic Shelby GT500 scheme on my car........but that's only in regards to my choice of hood, spoiler, and the stripes. I don't have plans to put any GT500 badging or logos on my car. Others, however, did go that extra step. As I said.......it's their car.
Old 04-06-2006, 12:44 AM
CrimeScene
2nd Gear Member

I could understand the look,but the fake badges I don't,I could see it if your running the same powerplant I mean the it's the engine that makes the car.

Anywho like I said no offence intended to all those who do this,you payed for it it's yours to do what you want how you want.

CrimeScene
Old 04-06-2006, 12:54 AM
ThisBlood147
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: CrimeScene

I could understand the look,but the fake badges I don't,I could see it if your running the same powerplant I mean the it's the engine that makes the car.

Anywho like I said no offence intended to all those who do this,you payed for it it's yours to do what you want how you want.

CrimeScene
Yea, I know where you're coming from. One of my ideals on this whole issue was always that doing a recreation was OK as long as A.) You had the power to back up the badge ....and B.)It is a car that Ford isn't making. So, like I've seen one or two guys on here who have done a stellar job of making an S197 Mach 1. I believe one of them didn't do any badging, the other guy did. Now, provided that Ford doesn't do a Mach 1 for the S197 body mustangs, I have no issue with this......as they aren't really cloning an existing car, but rather creating a car that Ford SHOULD be making.
As far as Cobra/GT500 clones..........eghh, I would say something......BUT, I look at ChevyKiller's ride and I just have to shut up. Plus, you look at what is going on with the real GT500's pricing and then I have to say I can almost understand ppl building their own GT500s.
As I said, it isn't something I would do.......but I won't preach about it to someone who wants to do it. But I understand your point CrimeScene, that's all I'll say.
Old 04-06-2006, 12:58 AM
PullMeOverRed05
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Menace

I'm quite partial to the fog lamps in the grille... So I guess I really can't add any positive input here... Honestly I think most of the aftermarket front facsia makes the car look 'ricey' and not Mustangish in anyway... Though this is one man's opinion against all the rest. lol.
+1 here.. I think the center lamps give the grill some character and really tell you its a mustang.
Old 04-06-2006, 01:06 AM
andyman
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: burnout42

Hey guys. I was playing around a little bit with a pic I got out of the gallery, and I think this looks great! I removed the middle driving lights in the grill, removed the pony emblem, and added a cobra emblem ala GT500. Is there a way to get a mustang GT without the center headlights, and to cleanly remove the center pony emblem from the grill so it is all black like this?

[IMG]local://upfiles/14810/9AFDC815D29E4CC193B7EF891B321F26.jpg[/IMG]
i bet you wont do it anyways..
Old 04-06-2006, 01:29 AM
fairlane292
5th Gear Member

No, but I will. (lol)

To each his own; that's what I love about this car; everything else out there, GTO, Charger... all bone stock; that ain't no fun!!!