Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What the?

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2006, 10:49 PM
SubsonicBulldog
1st Gear Member

Default RE: What the?

Well after alot of yelling and screeming on both of our parts, it went back onto their dyno with new software and stopped at about 317 rwhp @ 6100. So basically he didn't have a leg to stand on after that, every excuse he was giving me about why the rwhp was so low was out the window, because I magically gained 62rwhp because his software got updated. The graph itself looked good since my car was stock I'm sure they used the tune that came with it. So I drove her home, still runs great but I think I'll visit a new shop tommorrow. Oh yeah he also tried telling me that it's natural to lose 30% hp through the drive train and that means I'm at 450bhp.[:@]
Old 03-29-2006, 10:52 PM
skilz4u2nv
3rd Gear Member

Subsonic please keep us posted... We are no doubt very interested in the turn out and a good explanation from the installer... Atleast I am anyways...

Old 03-29-2006, 11:16 PM
MusiccityGT
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: SubsonicBulldog

Well after alot of yelling and screeming on both of our parts, it went back onto their dyno with new software and stopped at about 317 rwhp @ 6100. So basically he didn't have a leg to stand on after that, every excuse he was giving me about why the rwhp was so low was out the window, because I magically gained 62rwhp because his software got updated. The graph itself looked good since my car was stock I'm sure they used the tune that came with it. So I drove her home, still runs great but I think I'll visit a new shop tommorrow. Oh yeah he also tried telling me that it's natural to lose 30% hp through the drive train and that means I'm at 450bhp.[:@]

That is still low for your combo. I would definately have the tune checked by another reputable shop. I am making 305 on a mustang dyno N/A. The 30% H/P loss is excessive as well. On the new stang it is half that. if this guy did not get the tune right, you may be in trouble. Considering all you went through with him, get a second opinion for sure.
Old 03-30-2006, 12:15 AM
Mag66

So... whats a good place in the Phoenix area.. to take a 'stang? I'm thinking about doing some mods and a tune.. but as I am about as skilled a mechanic as a one eye'd frog with a bad case of halitosis... I need some recommendations for this locale!

TIA..

Mag
Old 03-30-2006, 12:38 AM
2006MustangGTNYC
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: techmanBDsStang

I did the same thing and got the same results about the motorcycles. Also so one for gas powered RC cars.

LOL, thanks for the laugh..... I can't imagine his S/C'rd car on a RC CAR DYNO!!!! (still cracking up)
Old 03-30-2006, 06:24 PM
SubsonicBulldog
1st Gear Member

What's funny is that he got mad because he felt that I thought I got ripped off, he says "Your gonna have to just trust that your getting the power that you should be." So I told him I'm gonna come down there and pay him in pesos and he's gonna have to just trust that it's the right amount. Anyways my car will be away at paint for about three weeks, so I gave him that much time to get a rep out to look at his dyno, and after paint I'll get a free dyno. One of the mechanics that was doin the dyno tells me "yeah we've had a few people get really mad when they bring their car in for dyno" hmmm... I wonder why? So I'll take my free dyno just to see what it says, and after that I'll be taking my money elsewhere. Thanks for the help everyone.
Old 03-30-2006, 06:39 PM
Tik_Tok
2nd Gear Member

I'd still get someone else to look at your S/C install though. You don't want to blow your engine because this doof doesn't know what he's doing.