Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Corsa Axel Backs

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2006, 09:18 PM
Vcoat
3rd Gear Member

Default Corsa Axel Backs

After many sound clips and posts i think i have decided on the Corsa Axel Backs...I realize they are expensive but supposedly no drone and a nice sound. What do you guys think?

On order 06 GT, Perf White, Polished Al wheels, 5sp
Old 04-03-2006, 10:18 PM
6xStang
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Corsa Axel Backs

I have a corsa cat-back on my LS6 and am very happy. pretty quiet in the car but when you stomp on it you can hear it loud and clear.

I want to get corsa for my GT, but I am not sure if Corsa is being fair charging almost double the cost of MAC, Magnaflow, or even Ford Racing/Borla. I'm not cheap, but I don't like to reward greed. I'm currently leaning toward the Ford Racing system....but I'd like to actually hear them in person to compare. Sound clips are just not particularly helpful (except for the comparison ones that have the same car, same camera, same distance, but different systems).

D
Old 04-03-2006, 10:22 PM
ThisBlood147
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 6xStang

I have a corsa cat-back on my LS6 and am very happy. pretty quiet in the car but when you stomp on it you can hear it loud and clear.

I want to get corsa for my GT, but I am not sure if Corsa is being fair charging almost double the cost of MAC, Magnaflow, or even Ford Racing/Borla. I'm not cheap, but I don't like to reward greed. I'm currently leaning toward the Ford Racing system....but I'd like to actually hear them in person to compare. Sound clips are just not particularly helpful (except for the comparison ones that have the same car, same camera, same distance, but different systems).

D
+1 I've not seen too many ppl with new mustangs that have Corsas. And none of them have provided any audio or video clips of them. I think I'm still leaning towards Borla/FRPP's myself.
Old 04-03-2006, 10:27 PM
Goldenpony
5th Gear Member

I, too, am looking at Corsa. I agree, they are pricey but I also think they are a very high quality system with a lot of engineering in them. I like the fact they are quiet at cruise, sound off at WOT and have NO DRONE. I believe you get what you pay for.
Old 04-03-2006, 10:53 PM
Daniel60
5th Gear Member

do you really get some horsepower with the mufflers?
Old 04-03-2006, 11:31 PM
mash2k
2nd Gear Member

I have the Corsa exhaust. I got it for $602 shipped. Check EBAY for the best deal. The quality of the system was apparent the minute I got it out of the box. Install was easy. The exhaust was really not too much louder than stock at idle, but it screams at wide open throttle. Those 4" stainless steel rolled tips look great as well. If you like a real loud exhaust, I mean something like the Borla Stinger or the Loud Mouth, then this is not the exhaust for you. If you don't mind drone or resonance then this is not the exhaust for you.

I paid very little more than I would for a Borla. This exhaust has NO drone or resonance. I really like it. It really depends on what you want. If you have any more questions, I will be happy to answer them to the best of my ability.
Old 04-04-2006, 12:14 AM
PullMeOverRed05
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: mash2k

I have the Corsa exhaust. I got it for $602 shipped. Check EBAY for the best deal. The quality of the system was apparent the minute I got it out of the box. Install was easy. The exhaust was really not too much louder than stock at idle, but it screams at wide open throttle. Those 4" stainless steel rolled tips look great as well. If you like a real loud exhaust, I mean something like the Borla Stinger or the Loud Mouth, then this is not the exhaust for you. If you don't mind drone or resonance then this is not the exhaust for you.

I paid very little more than I would for a Borla. This exhaust has NO drone or resonance. I really like it. It really depends on what you want. If you have any more questions, I will be happy to answer them to the best of my ability.
Can you post a sound clip?
Old 04-04-2006, 12:29 AM
mash2k
2nd Gear Member

I wish I could.I just don't have the technology to do it,LOL. The Corsa website has one and it sound accurate to me.
Old 04-04-2006, 04:38 AM
DStang05
2nd Gear Member

I have the Corsa and at WOT they sound mean as hell!!!! No drone

[IMG]local://upfiles/31275/350C6B9F6FFC40B3B049AB4927C2F26C.jpg[/IMG]
Old 04-04-2006, 10:59 AM
Vcoat
3rd Gear Member

Thanks for your responses!....I think the no "drone" is key for me and the fact that is sounds good at WOT. I know its expensive but i will get over it once the mufflers are on the car. Actually got my VIN number today!

On order 06 GT, Perf White, Polished Al wheels, 5sp

Quick Reply: Corsa Axel Backs