MustangForums.com

MustangForums.com (https://mustangforums.com/forum/index.php)
-   2005-2014 Mustangs (https://mustangforums.com/forum/2005-2014-mustangs-43/)
-   -   Satellite Radio (https://mustangforums.com/forum/2005-2014-mustangs/112698-satellite-radio.html)

JerryP 04-05-2006 03:07 PM

Satellite Radio

I want to put a satellite radio in my car. Which one is better, XM or Sirius? Also, I need ideas where to mount it. Also, where can you wire it to so it goes off when the key is turned off? Thanks.

hawgman 04-05-2006 03:48 PM

RE: Satellite Radio

I highly recommend you pull up the programming guide from both providers and compare them side by side and choose the one YOU think you will like best instead of asking for other's opinions. Because I am pretty sure that each person is going to cast a vote for the service that they have. And that may not necessairly coenside with what your listening tastes are.

Missy 04-05-2006 05:20 PM

Get Sirus. Maybe my stocks in it will then finally go up...HAHAHA.:D

hawgman 04-05-2006 06:08 PM

They have gone from 650k subs to 4million subs in the last 14 months and your stocks haven't gone up?

RedFireChik 04-06-2006 11:56 AM

My husband and I both had XM first. Mine seemed to work fine, but my husband had to call them atleast once a week to have his refreshed. He has Sirius now and loves it. I let my XM go when I traded my old wheels for my Stang, but I'm thinking about Sirius.

Missy 04-06-2006 12:17 PM

ORIGINAL: hawgman

They have gone from 650k subs to 4million subs in the last 14 months and your stocks haven't gone up?

Nope. I bought some last year...some for $4.97 a share and some for $5.80. They did go up to like $8 a share and today are around $5.04-$5.14 a share. And here I thought when Howard Stern started his program they would go up. HAHAHA. Maybe they still will...Who knows.

Kiss Fan 04-06-2006 12:18 PM

I've had both XM and Sirius. Both have pluses and minuses. I enjoy the music channels on Sirius better, and they are commercial free. The comedy channels on XM were a bit better. There is some overlap on the news programming (i.e. both have CNN, Fox, etc.). XM has major league baseball; Sirius has the NFL. I think Sirius also has NASCAR. Of course if you are a Howard Stern fan you have to get Sirius. All in all I slightly prefer Sirius. But be forewarned...customer service at both companies leaves a lot to be desired. It's very difficult to get a competent person on the line if you want to do anything beyond initiating service. Talk to people you know who have satellite and get their opinions, and as the poster above said, check their lineups to compare programming. You can do this on their respective websites.

By the way, I had Sirius stock way before Howard when it was at 3.25 a share...soared to about 8 dollars or so, now it's back to around 5. Part of the problem is they can't keep up with demand. I've been trying to get another car kit to move the radio from one car to another and I've gone to Sirius direct, Best Buy, and Crutchfield, and they keep telling the availability date keeps being being pushed back. Actually, that's what I hear from Best Buy and Crutchfield - believe it or not, the people I speak to at Sirius have no idea and don't even seem to know what a car kit is!!! If you listen to Howard Stern, you know that he's been saying they cannot make the radios fast enough, which is true.

Good luck.

VaporDude 04-06-2006 12:19 PM

Redfire, it sounds like your husbands radio must have be bad from the beginning. I have 2 XM radios and I haven't had any problems with them. I did get an inline FM modulator for both GT's and wired it to an open keyed fuse so the XM goes off with the key. There is an adapter made by PIE that uses the AUX port on the back of the radio and I hear it sounds good. Take Hawks suggestion and compare both providers to see what you would listen to the most. Hawk likes country ;) and I like the hard classic rock and redfire likes todays hit songs. What suites one of us may not suite you so do your comparisons then decide. They offer the same services just a little differently.

hawgman 04-06-2006 12:52 PM

ORIGINAL: Missy
Nope. I bought some last year...some for $4.97 a share and some for $5.80. They did go up to like $8 a share and today are around $5.04-$5.14 a share. And here I thought when Howard Stern started his program they would go up. HAHAHA. Maybe they still will...Who knows.
Hummm...sounds like a "made the mistake of thinking my short terms were long terms" issue. Hell, like I have room to talk. I have stock option grants of Nortel at $74 [:o]

hawgman 04-06-2006 12:53 PM

ORIGINAL: Kiss Fan
I think Sirius also has NASCAR.

I was under that impression also when I subscribed. But this is my second race season as a subscriber and I have yet to find a damn race being broadcast. Only thing I can ever find is like on 124 or something, and it is analysists discussing either last weeks race or the upcoming one.