Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Manufacturer Road Rage...Geez!

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2006, 12:24 AM
Daniel60
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Manufacturer Road Rage...Geez!

ORIGINAL: Daniel60

Geez dude I'm only human. This guy rides my bumper in rage because I passed a lot of cars and it wasn't a chevy. Yes, I broke the law but I didn't exceed it for long. I was in a totally different lane away from the traffic. The real issue here was that he was on my bumper and I don't tailgate people. So go a head and put me on the witness stand but don't preach to me when I'm sure you have done the same thing. I'm suprise hawgman I didn't think you had it in you.[&:] Yeah I have been to anger management at least I'm man enough to admit it. What do you think I have done jump a subject no believe it or not I cursed a fellow worker. You shouldn't even preach this to me unless you have been in my shoes. You don't even know me. Another thing what do you think Police Officers are, toy soldiers; they are people just like you or anyone else who deals with a lot of stress. Finally yeah I was pissed that he tailgated me with my uniform on. If you don't like that then fine. Also I made some of my remarks in humor, something maybe you should get. You sound like a miserable person to me. Maybe you should report me so you can feel better about yourself.
ORIGINAL: hawgman

Today while driving my beautiful 2005 Black GT that was just California dusted before I left work was verbally assaulted while
driving home on the interstate.
Maybe if you would have been driving a normal looking 2005 Black GT with a little dirt on it that wouldn't have happened...

First I was outraged being that I was in my police uniform and so I downshifted and launched as far as I could without causing an accident.
So, I have to ask...would you have been OK with it if you weren't wearing your police uniform? It sounds as though you were mad because you WERE wearing your uniform. Since you were wearing your uniform, does that make it ok to do the driving manouver that you did, launching it as far as you could? Is that a move that if you were in your patrol car you would have questioned someone and possibly given them an unsafe driving citation for doing? Just wondering.

I rolled down my window and was getting ready to tell him what I thought of him
So you were the one that was actually going to initiate the verbal road rage but was beaten to the punch...right?
Now I'm ready to jump in his lane and kick his f8cking ***
Always comforting to hear a cop say that........

instead I gunned it again and left him in smoke.
Again, a completely legal move, or something that if you were on duty you would pull someone over for?

I almost lost it on this *ucker I wanted to kill him with my bare hands. Be advised I have already graduated from anger management.
Again...something I truly find comfort in hearing from a cop.

Any comments anyone?
Well, you asked for them. But I highly doubt they will be taken positively.
Old 04-06-2006, 12:30 AM
Daniel60
5th Gear Member

hawgman has over 400 rear horsepower but he doesn't speed ever. Biggot.
Old 04-06-2006, 12:33 AM
mash2k
2nd Gear Member

Daniel, I am an Army 1SG and have been in 22 years and have seen a lot. We are subject to a lot of the same kinds of stress that Police officers are exposed to. After everything that I have been through I don't know if I'll ever be the same. You are right, Police Officers are human too.

Hang in there and don't let these punks on the streets to get you to lose control of your emotions.[sm=americanasmiley.gif]

Geez dude I'm only human. This guy rides my bumper in rage because I passed a lot of cars and it wasn't a chevy. Yes, I broke the law but I didn't exceed it for long. I was in a totally different lane away from the traffic. The real issue here was that he was on my bumper and I don't tailgate people. So go a head and put me on the witness stand but don't preach to me when I'm sure you have done the same thing. I'm suprise hawgman I didn't think you had it in you.[&:] Yeah I have been to anger management at least I'm man enough to admit it. What do you think I have done jump a subject no believe it or not I cursed a fellow worker. You shouldn't even preach this to me unless you have been in my shoes. You don't even know me. Another thing what do you think Police Officers are, toy soldiers; they are people just like you or anyone else who deals with a lot of stress. Finally yeah I was pissed that he tailgated me with my uniform on. If you don't like that then fine.

Today while driving my beautiful 2005 Black GT that was just California dusted before I left work was verbally assaulted while
Maybe if you would have been driving a normal looking 2005 Black GT with a little dirt on it that wouldn't have happened...

First I was outraged being that I was in my police uniform and so I downshifted and launched as far as I could without causing an accident.
So, I have to ask...would you have been OK with it if you weren't wearing your police uniform? It sounds as though you were mad because you WERE wearing your uniform. Since you were wearing your uniform, does that make it ok to do the driving manouver that you did, launching it as far as you could? Is that a move that if you were in your patrol car you would have questioned someone and possibly given them an unsafe driving citation for doing? Just wondering.

So you were the one that was actually going to initiate the verbal road rage but was beaten to the punch...right?

Again, a completely legal move, or something that if you were on duty you would pull someone over for?

I almost lost it on this *ucker I wanted to kill him with my bare hands. Be advised I have already graduated from anger management.

Any comments anyone?
Old 04-06-2006, 12:38 AM
peteway
2nd Gear Member

It seems like you did let your anger get the best of you. Being a police officer you have pretty much all the power you need in that situation....maybe not to do something directly, but you could have gotten on the radio (assuming you have one in your personal vehicel) and got some buddies to pull this guy over and give him a friendly 'how ya doing' (the 'friendly' part was sarcasm)

and yea, how about helping some local mustangforum guys out of a couple of tickets now and then?

anyway, it's a shame that there are people like that out there that are willing to start **** over a brand... when that brand doesn't really give a crap about them. I seriously doubt chevy is glad he is a fan.

just my $0.02

Old 04-06-2006, 12:42 AM
Daniel60
5th Gear Member

Thanks First Sergeant. I have the upmost respect for soldiers and there is nobody and I mean nobody that I respect more than you guys. Please let me take this opportunity to thank you for protecting our freedom. Your sacifice will never go unnotice. I was a soldier once but not a career man. You guys have my blessings and upmost respect. God Bless you First Sergeant and your troops. Take care. With this man's support I don't need to say another thing. The End.
guys.
ORIGINAL: mash2k

Daniel, I am an Army 1SG and have been in 22 years and have seen a lot. We are subject to a lot of the same kinds of stress that Police officers are exposed to. After everything that I have been through I don't know if I'll ever be the same. You are right, Police Officers are human too.

Hang in there and don't let these punks on the streets to get you to lose control of your emotions.[sm=americanasmiley.gif]

Geez dude I'm only human. This guy rides my bumper in rage because I passed a lot of cars and it wasn't a chevy. Yes, I broke the law but I didn't exceed it for long. I was in a totally different lane away from the traffic. The real issue here was that he was on my bumper and I don't tailgate people. So go a head and put me on the witness stand but don't preach to me when I'm sure you have done the same thing. I'm suprise hawgman I didn't think you had it in you.[&:] Yeah I have been to anger management at least I'm man enough to admit it. What do you think I have done jump a subject no believe it or not I cursed a fellow worker. You shouldn't even preach this to me unless you have been in my shoes. You don't even know me. Another thing what do you think Police Officers are, toy soldiers; they are people just like you or anyone else who deals with a lot of stress. Finally yeah I was pissed that he tailgated me with my uniform on. If you don't like that then fine.

Any comments anyone?
Old 04-06-2006, 12:49 AM
redbullet
1st Gear Member

Geez dude I'm only human. This guy rides my bumper in rage because I passed a lot of cars and it wasn't a chevy. Yes, I broke the law but I didn't exceed it for long. I was in a totally different lane away from the traffic. The real issue here was that he was on my bumper and I don't tailgate people. So go a head and put me on the witness stand but don't preach to me when I'm sure you have done the same thing. I'm suprise hawgman I didn't think you had it in you.[&:] Yeah I have been to anger management at least I'm man enough to admit it. What do you think I have done jump a subject no believe it or not I cursed a fellow worker. You shouldn't even preach this to me unless you have been in my shoes. You don't even know me. Another thing what do you think Police Officers are, toy soldiers; they are people just like you or anyone else who deals with a lot of stress. Finally yeah I was pissed that he tailgated me with my uniform on. If you don't like that then fine. Also I made some of my remarks in humor, something maybe you should get. You sound like a miserable person to me. Maybe you should report me so you can feel better about yourself.
Yep 1st post. I'll have to remember next time I get stopped to tell the cop that it's ok "I didn't exceed it for long". The real issue here is you were in your superman suit and thought it alright to drive your 'car' in the truck lane and pass everybody. Had that happened to anybody else we would be getting a ticket for aggressive friving at the least. Then you continue the arguement along the interstate. The very thing we told not to do, we have a 'law enforcement professional' doing. So yes, by the very nature of your job, and the simple fact you were still in uniform and I hold you to a higher standard of behavior. And based on current in the papers others do as well.

I have done all the things you did, and have been doing them since long before they coined the phrase ' road rage'. The difference is that if I get stopped, I am making someone's qoute and getting a lecture about how unsafe it is, whether I am in the right... as you imply you were, or I'm quillty as h*ll, as you were. But then, if it was by a cop like yourself, that would rather two-faced..... wouldn't it?

"Do as I say, not as I do" seems to apply
Old 04-06-2006, 01:04 AM
wildabouthorses
2nd Gear Member

Interesting all along I'm reading the comments and finally someone mentions the fact you were in uniform. I think that was probably a big deal in this instance along with the way you were handling the car. People get pissed off when a cop does things with his car that they can't do and the cop gets away with it. Ps...I have had cops in the family, police chief and the other one was the District Commander of O'Hara Airport are so I have heard the "stories" ...
Old 04-06-2006, 01:14 AM
Its A Stang Thang
2nd Gear Member

The small group of people that are ragging on him for doing some illegal things whilst being a Police Officer,(I think Cop is derogatory) really need to step back and revaluate where your coming from. Granted most of us would probably get some kind of ticket, or citation for doing what he may have did, I'm sure most of us would have reacted the same way if someone initiated any kind of verbal abuse against our car or ourselves. Being a Officer or not, doesn't mean anything, we're all human, **** happens, people lose their tempers, get over it, move on with life. Since he is a Officer, and admitted to doing these illegal activites I respect 5x more than before, for the fact that he can own up to his own mistakes. Also, dont just judge a book by its cover, or by its reputation for this case, most Officers in our case, we refer to as "Jerks" who own the road, Ever wonder if hes maybe one of the few chill officers that will occasionally let things ride, if they are on a minor degree? Granted theres few of em, he seems like the kinda person to do such a thing, so don't rag on him for doing something you all would have done if in the given situation. Conflict is part of human nature, and how we react vary in minor degree's from one another but I'll guarantee most of us would have done something similar.

Daniel, keep fighting the good fight and dont let uneducated morons ruin your day, hell I have a V6 and still I get remarks from people like what you had to go through, ya know what? To each his own, I'll take my car over any car, well maybe not a GT Stang, anyday.

Cheers,
-Ryan
Old 04-06-2006, 01:26 AM
Scaught
2nd Gear Member

Daniel60 is a human being first and an officer of the peace second. People hate the police when they should really hate the laws. A German customer of mine was out here(west coast) last month and I took him for a spin in the GT. He loved it #1, second he thought it a shame that our interstate Highways are so restrictive. He was explaining to me about driving to and from work on the Autobahn doing 140+, and so is everyone else. Who makes the laws in America? We do RIGHT??? Yeah sure we do. The police only enforce the laws that the people have enacted. I have a friend who is a cop who owns an 03 Cobra. When he is not on duty he will let that baby rip like there is no tomorrow. Off duty is off duty. He can still get a ticket just like you and I.
Old 04-06-2006, 01:32 AM
wildabouthorses
2nd Gear Member

I disagree as I would not have reacted the way he did...and I'm a human being too but I know better than to do road rage or even to egg it on. Those of you that think he was okay in what he did I get the feeling you are youngsters who would do the same thing...

My cop relatives said the hardest thing about being a good police officer is you are one 24 hours a day as you represent your dept at all times in or out of uniform. Next thing you know you guys will be saying its okay for him to smoke pot off duty.....

Quick Reply: Manufacturer Road Rage...Geez!