Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

GIVE IT TO ME STRAIGHT.. CAI..AXLE BACK. 3.73 GEARS ..READ POST.. PLEASE.. :)

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2006, 03:38 PM
rex7010
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: GIVE IT TO ME STRAIGHT.. CAI..AXLE BACK. 3.73 GEARS ..READ POST.. PLEASE.. :)

First .. thanks for all the answers to my questions.. now I am still kind of in the same boat.. do I go with what this guy said ..?? or what that guy said..??

btw: where is Brenspeeds ???.. I live in Cincinnati,Ohio .. I don't think Brent works where I live... lol

anyway thanks for all the answers..

ANYBODY else..???

thanks in advance...

Rex
Old 04-08-2006, 04:04 PM
spyder7724
4th Gear Member

Default RE: GIVE IT TO ME STRAIGHT.. CAI..AXLE BACK. 3.73 GEARS ..READ POST.. PLEASE.. :)

most definitely go with the SCT xcal2 from whoever you choose. doug at bama chips has really good tunes as well as brenspeed. my first tune came from lidio at alternative auto in michigan. i don't know if diablo has upgraded their programs yet but they did not have the ability to adjust shift firmness and shift points at first. they may have changed this but the fact is the sct is proven to work. i also have 3.73's and they are great on the street. 80mph rpm is about 2600. i am switching to 4.30's just because i'm racing more than street driving now so i need the rpms and lower gear for launch. you will be happy with the results. 1/4 mile times will lower from high 13's to mid -low 13's just from gears and tune.
Old 04-08-2006, 05:10 PM
chevykiller
I ♥ Acer

I have said many times before and will say it again - go with the what the tuner you are going to use is most experienced with. The fastest cars in the country are all running with predator tunes and most of those guys have switched from SCT - but I'm still not saying diablo is better. The fact is that what makes diablo so awesome in high HP applications isn't really the tuner at all - it's the MAF.i.a. (Mass Air Flow Interface Adapter) The reason is simply that the stock a/f meter is the best for our cars but it pegs out very quickly. All of the top cars are running the MAF.i.a. (even with an sct tuner) cause the ability to tweak your stock a/f sensor is better than all of the other aftermarket sensors combined.

Bottom line, ask the tuner you choose which he gets more performance out of - diablo or sct - and go with the one he likes best. Anyone who comes on these boards and says one is better than the other is full of crap unless they are a tuner and they are giving their personal opinion. Spyder is correct as far as the shift adjustments for autos goes, so for a long time, the sct was better for autos simply for that reason but diablo now has the same features so it is a wash. Brent, Mike, all of the canned tune guys are very nice and eager to talk to their customers so simply call them and ask what they are making better numbers with and go that route IMO.

Mark
Old 04-08-2006, 07:20 PM
Stang Skeleton
3rd Gear Member

Personally, as far as i know and all the shops i have talked to, the diablo seems to work well for the manuals and the sct is better for the autos. The gears, definitely go with 3.73s. its about equal to a manual with 4.10s and your everyday drive will not bug you; RPMs will be really decent. As for the intake, JLT claims 27 whp on the dyno with a tune. Also i have seen steedas intake put out about 23 with a tune. As for exhaust, if your going to do just mufflers, the only real difference is going to be a 2hp gain and ofcourse sound. Now, if you do midpipe, mufflers and high flo cats, thats a different story. Your looking at about a 38whp gain w/tune and intake. And it will sound amazing.
Old 04-08-2006, 07:44 PM
MikeVistaBlue06
I ♥ Acer

I would recommend the SCT tuner over the Diablo since you have an automatic transmission. The SCT2 provides tunablity for the shift firmness. Diablo may not have this feature yet. I got the SCT2 and firmed all shifts up 25%. It feels as if there is a shift kit now in it! 1-2 is really firm and even at 1/2 throttle it will bark the tires on the 1-2 shift.

Hope this helps.

Mike
Old 04-09-2006, 12:42 AM
rex7010
3rd Gear Member

Thanks EVERYONE ... honest..

I think Chevykiller hit it on the head with this comment...!!!

QUOTE:
" Bottom line, ask the tuner you choose which he gets more performance out of - diablo or sct - "

I think that just ( seems ) right.. lets face it.. the guy tuning my car is going to know which tuner I should get..

or he is better with at tuning my car.. ( or knows what he likes )

anybody heard of Paul's mustang in Cincinnati, Ohio ..??? I have done some calling around to my mechanic buds. and they all

say give him a call .. so this Monday I am calling Paul to see what he has to say.. lol

ANYBODY IN these forums live in the Cincinnati , Ohio area ...????

anyway .. thanks again .. please keep them coming .. as the more info I have, the more questions I will have for Paul

thanks again

Rex
Old 04-11-2006, 11:38 AM
alasdair67
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: rex7010
btw: where is Brenspeeds ???.. I live in Cincinnati,Ohio .. I don't think Brent works where I live... lol
He's in Pierceton, IN. It's less than 250 miles from the 'Nati. Two words, bro. 'Road' and 'trip'!

You could drive it up there, get Brent to do the work, head home, then let us know the REAL (seat-of-the-pants) difference on here. Win-win situation, if you ask me.
Old 04-11-2006, 12:48 PM
ren274u
3rd Gear Member

Well my 3.73 are going in as i type this, i cant wait for it to be done. Hopefully it is enough to hit 12.99 If not, im gonna get some drag radials. My setup works like a charm and you wont be disappointed.
Old 04-13-2006, 01:08 AM
1sicpony
1st Gear Member

canned tune is one that is sold with the tuner and can be loaded and unloaded as many times as u like