Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I now know why people don't buy American cars!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2006, 02:21 AM
SpecterGT260
5th Gear Member

Default RE: I now know why people don't buy American cars!!!

I actually just found a good ford dealer a little while back. anyone in the eastern iowa area go check out Lynch Ford for anything you need. they rock.... but stay away from Junge.... they charged my brother 6k for a new motor on his 99 cobra, 2 months after he bought the car. it was dumb. Crown ford in Nashville TN aint that hot...... charge me 90 bucks to tell me you cant turn off the check engine light my ***! [:@]
Old 04-08-2006, 02:32 AM
Its A Stang Thang
2nd Gear Member

My suggestion is Go back and raise all hell.

One of the most, lets say "feared", thing by a dealer is a customer going into the main building ranting about how they did such a poor job, and that they're service is terrible, and compared to other places its a joke, this is especially effective when there are large numbers of people buying cars that day. Most of the salesman will freak out, and eventually they will do something about your problem.

Then once that dealer has fixed the problem, while your leaving simply state that they have lost your buisness.

A dealer where I was going to buy my Mustang basically lied to me. They told me the Redfire Stang that I had come by the previous day and told them that my dad and I wanted to buy that car, and my dad put a 50 dollar deposit down for them to keep it. Well next day rolls around I call em and tell them I'm coming down, and the guys like great I'll get the car all set up. Well I get there and guess what? No car, they sold it about an hour after I left the previous day.

Hence, my dad flipped out, and started loudly pronouncing in their main building/sales area that they were such bad representatives of the Ford company. What did they do, well they sat us down, and told us here, look at this list of cars, these are all the cars in the Chicagoland area, our dealers and others, Pick your car, and we will make a deal with that dealer to get the car for you by tomarrow. Well, needless to say thats how I came about my beautiful black Stang. After I bought it, I had nothing more to do with that dealer ever again.

I now go to Willowbrook Ford off of 83. Great service, Nice people, and hopefully I'll be working there soon too!
Old 04-08-2006, 02:49 AM
Tres Wright
4th Gear Member

My Ford dealer has impressed me very much with their outstanding customer service in the repair department. They've really gone above and beyond for me. I've had great service from Honda dealerships in the past too. I tend to have most service done outside dealerships due to my living in a remote location, but I don't have any of the dealership horror stories that I've heard others tell.
Old 04-08-2006, 03:12 AM
Cobrakev
3rd Gear Member

Yes a very bad dealership indead. That is also the number one reason I dont pick up my cars at closing time. They are just wanting you to take it home just the way you found it. Take it back tomorrow morning, and talk to the service manager. Make sure they give you something for your trouble.. IE.. Free oil changes, or something. Just raise hell... LOL

Kev
Old 04-08-2006, 03:20 AM
sybidoc

I've owned several European and Jap cars the last 30 yrs and the American cars the last 10 yrs are superior to them all in reliability and ease of maintainance. Mercedes is the worst, those damn things are always in the shop. When I asked a Mercedes service manager why the service bills were so high and frequent, he said, " if you can't afford the maintainance, don't buy a Mercedes". And you think you were dissed?, lol. You know why you could eat off the floors of those shops?, because you'll be there so often you'll have to eat breakfast AND lunch there every other day. I'm not a car snob, they're all iron and they ALL breakdown occasionally, but the Europeans are definatley the worst.
Old 04-08-2006, 04:50 AM
praztek
3rd Gear Member

Well I have to say, I've traded in my 04 Infiniti G35 Coupe for the Stang. And if we want to talk service, I've taken the car in for its oil change, and on four separate times the car was damaged by the dealership. Once, dented left fender, another scratched right rim, another grease marks on the carpet, and then the hood was dented from underneath "hood got shut on something that shouldn't have been there, like a tool ..etc? My car will never go into another shop for a oil change, no matter what company. Just seems that there’s a lot of idiots working in the service depts, not all of course. Each time they fixed it hassel free, but it was a real pain in the ***.

Old 04-08-2006, 08:48 AM
CrimeScene
2nd Gear Member

Thats a dealer problom not the car,switch dealers,as far as oil changes check your warrenty on what it says about that,be a stupid move for them to use that against you if something goes wrong.

To quote Forrest Mustang "Dealers are like a hookers you never know what your going to get".

CrimeScene
Old 04-08-2006, 10:00 AM
jbailer
3rd Gear Member

I agree with others that said go to another dealer!

There are bad dealers with every manufacturer. It's extremely ignorant to come onto a web forum for Ford Mustangs and complain about American car dealerships when YOU have the choice over which dealership you do business with. The only thing bad here is your business choice. If enough people are displeased with the service and they go somewhere else, they will be forced to change or go out of business. It's the people that keep going back and then just complain about it that keep those guys in business. -Joe
Old 04-08-2006, 10:20 AM
CrimeScene
2nd Gear Member

There is one dealer here about 20 miles from me that if you go to there lot there is not 1 Ford there that is a min over 3 grand over MSRP and have about the worst service center,I have no idea why there still around,I belive it has something to do with them selling more used non Fords then Fords,go figure.

CrimeScene
Old 04-08-2006, 10:43 AM
LesteR723
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Steven6095

GO TO ANOTHER DEALER!!!

Heck the dealer I bought my car from will detail a car if they have to keep it a few days! ..and they do one heck of a job detailing! The girl they have is GOOD!
+1

i have the same mechanic work on my car every time i go in... the people on the "front end" are dicks but they dont work on the cars! mines always spot free after i have work done and tehy give me the floor mat covers, and clean up the interior if it gets dirty. Very nice too, they let me back there to watch them work and so i can inspect the underside of my car since i dont have the convienience of a lift lol

Quick Reply: I now know why people don't buy American cars!!!