Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I now know why people don't buy American cars!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2006, 01:23 AM
Bingo
1st Gear Member

Default RE: I now know why people don't buy American cars!!!

Nothing wrong with the cars...it's the people. I work at a Chevy dealer, and the people just aren't the same caliber as those you see at an MB or BMW dealership. They assume the cars are second-rate, so they can act like jackasses. It's the main problem I see. If you treat someone who's coming in to buy an Impala the same way you'd treat someone buying a 7-series, things would be 100 times better, I think, for the domestic car market.
Old 04-13-2006, 03:59 PM
Leddhedd

+1

The dealer I bought mine from treated me extremely well during the (long) ordering and purchase process, and their service department is as good as they get. Hell, they wash my car for me when I take it in. Always polite, always willing to let me watch while they work. Your dealer is the problem, not the car.
Old 04-16-2006, 12:32 PM
RED121572
4th Gear Member

lol. I just got my car back from a shop here in town that installed 3.73's, pullies and a water pump on my car. It came back with 15.6 more miles on the odometer and the car was absolutely filthy[sm=happybounce.gif]. Im here at work this morning to write the shop a "friendly" letter.
Old 04-16-2006, 04:38 PM
wildabouthorses
2nd Gear Member

Interesting as you will find alot of this is true with motorcycle dealers. We have guys that buy a bike at a dealer about an hour and half drive away because they offer the lowest prices but when it comes to service we hear all these guys complaing that they really suck. So sometimes it may not pay to get the cheapest deal when the follow up service stinks. Our local dealer gives you a "prefered customer" card when you buy a bike that gives you a discount on anything you buy from them. We have another dealer close by and they get so pissed when people come to the one we use because their prices are a little lower and the salesmen treat you much better and these dealers are just 10 miles apart.
Old 04-16-2006, 05:02 PM
ratzila
2nd Gear Member

[sm=bustedsign.gif] RED let them know that you have a lot less of rubber on your rear tires when you got your car back[sm=gears.gif]
Some technician had a fun time test driving the car. Probably left a long burn mark on the street[sm=joke.gif]

ORIGINAL: RED121572

lol. I just got my car back from a shop here in town that installed 3.73's, pullies and a water pump on my car. It came back with 15.6 more miles on the odometer and the car was absolutely filthy[sm=happybounce.gif]. Im here at work this morning to write the shop a "friendly" letter.
Old 04-16-2006, 08:01 PM
skillful
2nd Gear Member

maybe those people at the dealership where illegal immigrants and were mad at the crackdown that the USA are doing.[sm=americanasmiley.gif][sm=patriot.gif]
Old 04-19-2006, 02:02 AM
STANGT
1st Gear Member

My Ford Dealer is awesome. They give great customer service and even have a full time guy for performance upgrades. Guess you need to try another.
Old 04-19-2006, 03:16 AM
SunbearGT

I love my '06 GT and my Ford dealer....My Ford dealer would never act like that and they give free maintenance for life of vehicle!! Mustangs Rule!
Old 04-19-2006, 08:17 PM
tammijoe
1st Gear Member

Cars, I am so sorry you have had so much trouble with your dealership. I had alot of issues with my Stang the first part of the year and she was in the shop for over a month on the last visit. At first I was ready to raise all sorts of hell because the car left me on the side of the road 4 times, in and out of the shop for 3 months. But I got to thinking you catch more flies with honey....and now when I bring her in for a oil change or what ever they do a wonder job and I get special treatment. Believe me they all know me at the dealership and they get me in and out fast...lol. So handle it the best way you see fit. I know there are dealerships that don't care until they get their CSR's back and then they wonder why they got a poor rating...duhhhhhh. Good Luck.