Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I now know why people don't buy American cars!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2006, 11:39 PM
CarsandCigars
1st Gear Member

Default I now know why people don't buy American cars!!!

OK I know this is a bit extreme but I'm just flippin Pissed off. My 06 GT is the first American made car I have bought new since 1991. I've owned 1 Volvo, 2 Audis, and 2 Nissans. I have never left a dealer more dismayed at the lack of respect they had for my car.

I had to have the car check do to a check light. Apparently the a Airbag module went bad. They had to order the part. I went to pick up the car and the service guy says. " It's fine, ok to drive". I'm like, oh so the air bag system will still work with a bad module?!?. Service guy says, "oh no, none of the bags will work, but at least they won't go off while you're driving." How comforting........ I said, "What if I get into an accident?" "Well don't get into an accident and you'll be fine."

A week later and now the fun starts. Today I bring in the car to have the module installed and a Temp/compass mirror that I bought from them. I pick up the car and they tell me, uh yeah the lever to move the seat back broke off. Don't worry you really only need it for adults that sit in the back seat. WTF. I guess I'll tell my 12 year old who's 5'7" and 126lbs you'll be fine since you're not an adult. I get in the car and there are grease marks all over the passenger seat. The steering wheel aluminum trim has a deep scratch on it. The mirror is covered in finger prints and there is black stuff all over the dash. I came at closing so there was no one to complain to. So I drive home just pissed off and I feel like something is tugging on the clutch. I get home and look at the clutch and the wire for the mirror is wrapped around the clutch pedal and I notice a bunch of loose foam under the dash. The inside looked just plain dirty.

I know I'm ****, but I have never received a car back from a foreign car dealership in this condition. Most of the time the car came back vacuumed and washed.

I know it's one dealership, but come on Ford have you ever been in a German service dept. You can eat off the floors and they respect their customers.[:@] [:@] [:@] [:@] [:@] [:@] [:'(]

Old 04-07-2006, 11:47 PM
trey929
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: I now know why people don't buy American cars!!!

Wow, I would be pissed! yeah i had a bad experience with my current ford service department so i move on to another one, which i love! Everybody soooon nice. I would not go back to those guys!

I don't really think its fair to say all american car dealers are this way. I recently had a nissan that i traded in and things at that dealership were not all fine and dandy and believe me, i spent enough time there to know.
Old 04-07-2006, 11:47 PM
TattooTears
4th Gear Member

That sucks that they where closing and you couldn't amediately start cusing everybody in the area out. Tomorrow you won't be as pissed and its not going to have the same effect. But on a serious note that is just plain unacceptable. Its one thing to leave the car a little dirty, but to actually damage it and act as if it is no big deal is something else. Tomorrow you need to get a manager involved and if they send you a servey you should roll everybody under the bus. Good luck with everything.
Old 04-08-2006, 12:23 AM
dkano
3rd Gear Member

You're right, it is a bit extreme to make that statement in the title! I have a co-worker who was so pissed off by the way the service department at a local Toyota dealership treated him last time that he almost got into a fight with the "Service Manager". And now they have this new policy that when you go drop your car off for service, they don't take your keys and your information right away, so you can be on your way, they told him to go wait in the waiting room, 20-30 minutes passed and he was still waiting in that room, got to work late that day and ended up not even getting the minivan serviced there that day.
Old 04-08-2006, 12:37 AM
Steven6095
3rd Gear Member

GO TO ANOTHER DEALER!!!

Heck the dealer I bought my car from will detail a car if they have to keep it a few days! ..and they do one heck of a job detailing! The girl they have is GOOD!
Old 04-08-2006, 12:53 AM
06GT4RAD
5th Gear Member

I agree with you 100% in that this type of service/ lack or respect for your car is unacceptable. But like others have said not all Ford Dealers are like this. A large percentage are though. It is something that FORD really needs to get a handle on. I do however know Nissan,Toyota and Honda dealers that are the same way.

Here is a link to a site that I think you should join up and post about your experience and name the dealer. Not that it will help with your current situation but it will get to Ford since i think this is there forum. Word of advice do not complain to the Service Manager ask for th Owners Name and how to get in touch with him and handle it that way. Most of the time the Owners of these dealerships have no idea of how things are being run. Although some do and it still does not help. The main problem is that FORD no longer owns all of it's dealers most are independently owned and ford has little to do with how they are run.

http://www.blueovalforums.com/forums/index.php?act=idx

Richard
Old 04-08-2006, 01:09 AM
Scaught
2nd Gear Member

Hmm. finding a good dealership is very important. I wouldn't say it is American Vrs. Japan or Germany. It really is the ownership of the dealership and how they run it and who they hire. You can't say that every Ford dealership is bad from one experiance with one dealership. I love the dealership I go to. It is not where I bought the car, those guys are jerks. So take your buisness where the service is better.

(this is where I lose it, I love my AMERICAN car)

It is a Mustang. Not a preformance tourning european sedan. It is an American muscle car. It is about the most motor and and HP they can give you at a price the average man can afford. These cars cost what? 29,000 premium? If you drink capachino espresso late mocha
soy milk, live in a 500,000$ house, can afford to spend 100,000 on a car, worry more about your investment portfolio than who the hell is going to she superbowl this year; stick to the euro elite and the rice. If you want to hang with people who drink wiskey and chase it with beer, work their asses off for a living, drive fast and LOUD...buy American.
Old 04-08-2006, 01:17 AM
06GT4RAD
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Scaught

(this is where I lose it, I love my AMERICAN car)

It is a Mustang. Not a preformance tourning european sedan. It is an American muscle car. It is about the most motor and and HP they can give you at a price the average man can afford. These cars cost what? 29,000 premium? If you drink capachino espresso late mocha
soy milk, live in a 500,000$ house, can afford to spend 100,000 on a car, worry more about your investment portfolio than who the hell is going to she superbowl this year; stick to the euro elite and the rice. If you want to hang with people who drink wiskey and chase it with beer, work their asses off for a living, drive fast and LOUD...buy American.
Well I do happen to own a 500,000 dollar home and i do drink Caffe Mocha every now and then only becasue it tastes good. But i am as far away from all that other crap as one can be that's for sure. Mainly it is Folgers and Black no cream no sugar. But i am with you for the most part and understand and agree with it. By the way i could not afford to buy the home i live in currently if I had to. I purchased about 8 years ago and only paid 165,000

Richard
Old 04-08-2006, 01:52 AM
Humboldt Stang
3rd Gear Member

That was horrible service for sure.
I'd be pissed too.
But I wouldn't blame it on "American Automobiles".
I assume all of the foreign models you've had in the past were purchased at American dealerships.
Or did they all speak Japanese?
You will find good and bad dealerships across the board, foreign and domestic models.
You can either blame the car, or find a better dealership.
Old 04-08-2006, 02:17 AM
viking396
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: CarsandCigars

OK I know this is a bit extreme but I'm just flippin Pissed off. My 06 GT is the first American made car I have bought new since 1991. I've owned 1 Volvo, 2 Audis, and 2 Nissans. I have never left a dealer more dismayed at the lack of respect they had for my car.

I had to have the car check do to a check light. Apparently the a Airbag module went bad. They had to order the part. I went to pick up the car and the service guy says. " It's fine, ok to drive". I'm like, oh so the air bag system will still work with a bad module?!?. Service guy says, "oh no, none of the bags will work, but at least they won't go off while you're driving." How comforting........ I said, "What if I get into an accident?" "Well don't get into an accident and you'll be fine."

A week later and now the fun starts. Today I bring in the car to have the module installed and a Temp/compass mirror that I bought from them. I pick up the car and they tell me, uh yeah the lever to move the seat back broke off. Don't worry you really only need it for adults that sit in the back seat. WTF. I guess I'll tell my 12 year old who's 5'7" and 126lbs you'll be fine since you're not an adult. I get in the car and there are grease marks all over the passenger seat. The steering wheel aluminum trim has a deep scratch on it. The mirror is covered in finger prints and there is black stuff all over the dash. I came at closing so there was no one to complain to. So I drive home just pissed off and I feel like something is tugging on the clutch. I get home and look at the clutch and the wire for the mirror is wrapped around the clutch pedal and I notice a bunch of loose foam under the dash. The inside looked just plain dirty.

I know I'm ****, but I have never received a car back from a foreign car dealership in this condition. Most of the time the car came back vacuumed and washed.

I know it's one dealership, but come on Ford have you ever been in a German service dept. You can eat off the floors and they respect their customers.[:@] [:@] [:@] [:@] [:@] [:@] [:'(]

Let me tell ya, Honda/Acura ain't so hot either. Everybody has stories. My Ford dealer rocks.

Quick Reply: I now know why people don't buy American cars!!!