Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Installed Color Matched Mirror Covers..

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2006, 06:32 AM
Humboldt Stang
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Installed Color Matched Mirror Covers..

http://www.midwestautogear.com/05_Mirror_Insert.htm
Old 04-08-2006, 10:21 AM
dkano
3rd Gear Member

More pic requests! I'm more interested in a closeup shot of the front of the mirrors, one where I can see how these covers fit over the stock mirror, trying to see if there a lot of space/gaps between the two when installed. They do look pretty good though!
Old 04-08-2006, 04:42 PM
Franklin05GT

Here are a few more picts of the car outside. It is still very overcast but the pictures turned out ok. Let me know what you think.
Old 04-08-2006, 05:47 PM
blackout
5th Gear Member

Not putting it down, but it kind of looks like a mermaid [X(].
Old 04-08-2006, 06:13 PM
Daniel60
5th Gear Member

How much does it cost for this? My car is black do you think it would look good on it since the mirror paint is a flat black?
Old 04-08-2006, 06:27 PM
fairlane292
5th Gear Member

If you can use sand paper, you can get your mirrors painted w/o bringing the car in, for not much more than the covers + shipping. Just my opinion but I don't like the groove profile of the xenon covers. ...can't say I've seen that style on any mirror ever. Ford just skipped a step (painting the mirrors) so it's up to us to do it. And "yes" on black it does make a big difference. I posted detail on removal and sanding out here; if you can't find it I can repeat it for ya. ...Jim
Old 04-13-2006, 12:12 AM
Franklin05GT

Fairlane292...I have come to the conclusion that your and nothsa opinions were correct. I have taken the covers off and I am selling them. I can't knock their quality and the paint job is great its just not the look I am going for. I have tried to keep everything looking old school and these look more futuristic. Thanks for your honesty. If someone is interested in them they are on ebay. I paid $365 for them painted so I will be taking a bath on them. Thats the thing about mods..sometimes its what you want and sometimes it's not.
Old 04-13-2006, 01:41 AM
fairlane292
5th Gear Member

The important thing is that you end up with what you want. Recover what you can on the covers and once you have yours painted you'll be so happy with that look you'll quickly forget the minor $$ loss on the covers. Some of this is trial and error; I'm ready to have my new chin spoiler painted in yellow and there's a chance I won't like it; ...probably risking $500 just "to find out". ...just part of enjoying the car and the freedom we have to be creative and to be different.

Look for my thread on mirror removal and prep. If you need it and can't find it just let me know. Good luck, enjoy the car!!!!
Old 04-13-2006, 12:06 PM
sdh99

There is a set now on eBay that covers most of the mirror, painted to match for a pretty good price (just do a search). Ordered mine a week ago. Will post pics when I get them installed.
Old 04-13-2006, 12:29 PM
LimeStang05
2nd Gear Member

this is a pic of my 05 GT that I traded in on my 06....I liked the the way they looked on it, but the price has doubled since I bought these, so I might not use them on my red car...

Quick Reply: Installed Color Matched Mirror Covers..