Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

1967 GT350 Tribute Completed (For Now)

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2006, 03:31 PM
2006MustangGTNYC
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: 1967 GT350 Tribute Completed (For Now)

ORIGINAL: dcranford

Thanks for all the positive comments guys!

2006MustangGTNYC- I will be adding stripes next year, but ran out of money. MY quote for painted stripes with no clear edge was $2300.00, I just ran out after all these mods.

Also the Shelby Center Fog light Grill will be on later this summer, once it is released and available.

wow.. thats a lot for stripes.. i am quotted 800 bux for my stripes.... btw, where did you get the shelby cap sign for the trunk??

btw, i just placed my order with cirvinis... there invoice through email came blank... happend to you to? the money is already deducated though.
Old 04-08-2006, 03:33 PM
doobs
4th Gear Member

I guess the one thing I was considering adding was the CDC Chin spoiler, but not replacing the whole bumper.
AS for the tires, yah when these get burned up, Ill go with maybe 275/40 and 255/35-40 when I replace them. AS for the fanblades, I dont know I kind of like the way they look....When the time comes to replace the tires Ill have to think about it then. I probrably wont do springs...but I will be doing Tint, lowest will be 35% as I already dont have a front plate (which is req in MN) so I dont need a front plate + tint ticket ;-)

I liked the look from the fanblades as well. Sure other wheel combos might look better, but ther are other mods i would do with the extra cash.
Old 04-08-2006, 03:36 PM
dcranford
1st Gear Member

I ordered mine over the phone, as for some reason their online CC system was down the day I ordered, so I got my invoice when they shipped.

I got my GT350 emblem at mustangsunlimited.com

GT350 Gas Cap Emblem

Since it is concave, you will need a small bit of 3M auto tape to help it stick on, but only enough to cover the GT emblem on the back, as the Cover does have adhesive on it already.

Thanks again for the kind words!

Old 04-08-2006, 05:43 PM
blackout
5th Gear Member

Looks great, love the combination. I just got the Eibach Pro-Kit and it really makes a difference, also they don't sacrifice ride quality if that is your concern.
Old 04-08-2006, 06:16 PM
Daniel60
5th Gear Member

You know I agree with andyman I do not like those rims.
ORIGINAL: andyman

i like the car alot, but there are 2 more things you shoudl consider adding:

-a different front bumper
-NEW WHEELS AND TIRES. the fanblades ruin it for me

slap some tint on there and that will be one purty car!! and some springs.... okay 4 things
Old 04-08-2006, 06:16 PM
chevykiller
I ♥ Acer

I like it...looks good. The only thing was I don't really like the side stripes. Those are all over ebay and they use the vintage G.T. instead of the new GT logo that's on the new GT500. It is a tribute, but it is also a new car. I went to a screen printer with a pic of the new shelby and had my side stripes made and installed for $250. I had to put the 'GT500' under the door because of my roush side skirts but you can make it with the same placement. Just looks better IMO.

[IMG]local://upfiles/24802/A72E05C8665F446FB6DCB8C335AE9EA6.jpg[/IMG]
Old 04-08-2006, 06:22 PM
jbailer
3rd Gear Member

Looks great and I really like your future plans for it too! I'm building an Eleanor (Cervinis) and definitely feel that budget crunch. I have the Shelby GT500 fender emblems but I may take them back off. The gold looks good on your red car but on my tungsten, it looks a little awkward. I'm still trying to decide. -Joe
Old 04-08-2006, 06:23 PM
dcranford
1st Gear Member

Always good to see some constructive criticism, I just went to Graphics Express and bought the GT350 Vinyl Side Stripes, They looked the most "classic" to me and they are licensed by Ford. So thats the way I went. I realize its an new car, but I am doing my best to keep the new look with the old Emblems and graphics. It will diffrentiate me, if Ford decides to actually release a REAL 200X GT350 like they did with the GT500 ya know. But hey im glad you guys like most of it, thanks for the constructive criticism I will keep in mind with my next mods beleive me. Never would want to look "rice" ;-)
Old 04-08-2006, 06:29 PM
jbailer
3rd Gear Member

If you decide you want to look at the newer looking stripes, here's a guy that does top quality vinyl http://stores.ebay.com/High-Performance-Decals. I decided to get the new looking stripes too. It has the GT the way our logo looks. -Joe
Old 04-08-2006, 06:52 PM
chevykiller
I ♥ Acer

Always good to see some constructive criticism, I just went to Graphics Express and bought the GT350 Vinyl Side Stripes, They looked the most "classic" to me and they are licensed by Ford. So thats the way I went. I realize its an new car, but I am doing my best to keep the new look with the old Emblems and graphics. It will diffrentiate me, if Ford decides to actually release a REAL 200X GT350 like they did with the GT500 ya know. But hey im glad you guys like most of it, thanks for the constructive criticism I will keep in mind with my next mods beleive me. Never would want to look "rice" ;-)
Your car is certainly NOT rice and the stripes were JMO. I mainly pointed it out because I have seen a lot of those stripes and wanted to give you some ideas on doing something a little more original for your car. It certainly doesn't look 'bad' on your car and I hope you didn't take it that way cause your car is great.

Seems everyone is tricking out their rides so it's getting harder and harder to have something 'original' looking.

Quick Reply: 1967 GT350 Tribute Completed (For Now)