Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My review of Zaino Wax w/pix

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2006, 10:27 PM
2006MustangGTNYC
2nd Gear Member

Default My review of Zaino Wax w/pix

Hey Guys!

I got my car Feb 27th and have not had a chance to wax it. Finally, today seemed like a nice day - bright and sunny. Originally, I wanted the best wax money could buy and many had mentioned Zaino along with some other products which I totally forgot except for Fukken Wax which is so distinctive by its name. Anyways, I wanted to order Zaino and I found a local dealer here in NY who sells this stuff. The guy works out of his home and lives in Brooklyn. The guys name is Dave, and he is a REALLY nice guy. He'll talk about this stuff with you on the phone or in person for hours without tire, that's how much he believes in the product. So I brought it home which was about 1 month ago and I used it today.

I bought from Dave: (total spent $60)
- Zaino tire polish (not oiled based, when put on, it stays on and does not go away for days. It also doesnt obsorb dirt when parked or driving)
- The Wax kit
- The Ultra shine finisher

So step one, obviously is to wash the car. When that is complete, I had to fill the little container he gives you with 1/3 of the zaino wax and 2 drops of the blue z-effect chemical. I have no idea what it does but he told me to mix it in. Shake it like crazy and leave it for 10 min to work its magic. Afterwords, put a dime size worth on the wax and start working it. Now here is the trick, the less you put, the better. Gone are the days of putting wax on your car until you can't see the paint. When waxing is completed, he says that you should still have some left in the bottle (the 1/3 of the bottle you filled up originally).

So wax is on, you wait an hour and come back. You brush it with your finger and if it smears, wait longer, if not, time to take it off. So I did just that, I started taking it off. As I started to take it off, I noticed that the paint started gleaming and started to become brighter and almost wet looking. After completing the entire car, he recommends using the Ultra Shine Finisher which completes the job and gives it that wet show room quality paint. So when that was done, the car started gleaming and I was very happy with the wax.

All in all, this is the best wax money can buy. he reocommends using the z-effect once every 6 months but you can wax every day if you want to. but after a car wash or two, you can use the ultra shine finisher to get that wet look again... and after 4-5 waxes, he says this stuff stays on and you may never have to wax again.. or maybe in 6-9 months.. the ultra shine finisher is like an activator of some sort... works magic and I'm not lying! Also, the wax works great on our chrome rims.. as you can see, they are gleaming! Another thing - Dave also mentioned that the more you put this wax on, the deaper the gloss gets and the cleaner the paint remains if leaving it outside because the paint surface will just repel most dust particals and dirt...

If you guys have any ??, you can call Dave direct. He'll answer all of your questions and will ship your package out. He's a really knowledgable guy and loves talking about cars/his wax stuff. 718 745 1442 - tell him Will with the Mustang sent ya. (btw, I get no commission for this so dont worry)

PIIX: http://www.replicawholesalesunglasse...aino/index.htm (use left and right keys to scroll through pix)

PS: other pix I included are from my rear view camera and my nav kit.
Old 04-09-2006, 10:41 PM
DUSTI
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: My review of Zaino Wax w/pix

WOW, looks SPARKLING !! GOOD job.........I like the way red shines !!
Old 04-09-2006, 10:45 PM
05ROUSHER
2nd Gear Member

I have used the Zaino System and it is wonderful stuff. I ordered it before a car show and had it in 3 days. They stock their items around the country I guess, because I checked the tracking number and it originated here in Kansas City and it was out for delivery in 2 days. The stuff is great.

http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e4...r/DSCF0012.jpg
Old 04-09-2006, 10:50 PM
andyman
4th Gear Member

Your car is coming along quite nicely for just getting it!!!! looks GREAT!

i haven't waxed in probably a month, but i put some zaino detailing spray on today and this is what it looks like

http://andyman82.com/files/show/DSC03311.JPG
Old 04-09-2006, 10:56 PM
Menace
5th Gear Member

Damn Andy... How many miles do you have on those tires?
Old 04-09-2006, 11:21 PM
andyman
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Menace

Damn Andy... How many miles do you have on those tires?
all of them HAHA

um.. i rotated them the first time at ~5500 miles, and then the ones on the back now did about 8-10 good long burnouts at various times at the track. the car has 13,100 miles or so and the ones on the back have been there since the first rotation.

I was going to rotate them yesterday but the only lift i could get was a drive up lift. i need to do that before thursday though, got a long drive to georgia
Old 04-09-2006, 11:23 PM
Menace
5th Gear Member

Damn. They look like they have 3000 miles on it, let alone 13000!
Old 04-09-2006, 11:26 PM
andyman
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Menace

Damn. They look like they have 3000 miles on it, let alone 13000!
just gotta take care of them, and they will take care of you
Old 04-10-2006, 12:19 AM
Newbreedgt05
3rd Gear Member

Yes! I just ordered the Zaino wax for my car but haven't got a chance to put it on yet. I bought some of the "leather in a bottle" and just put it on the seats. I was very impressed with the results. I can't wait to see what how my black mustang will look with the Zaino wax. I have a question for you though. What happens if you need to get into the trunk and the battery in the remote is dead? lol You'd have to crawl into the trunk through the back seat. That'll probably never happen, but it would be kind of funny.
Old 04-10-2006, 12:22 AM
2006MustangGTNYC
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Newbreedgt05

Yes! I just ordered the Zaino wax for my car but haven't got a chance to put it on yet. I bought some of the "leather in a bottle" and just put it on the seats. I was very impressed with the results. I can't wait to see what how my black mustang will look with the Zaino wax. I have a question for you though. What happens if you need to get into the trunk and the battery in the remote is dead? lol You'd have to crawl into the trunk through the back seat. That'll probably never happen, but it would be kind of funny.

HAHA... Umm... I havn't had a chance to do that yet BUT, I don't think that will ever happen. Even if I do lose my key, I have a spare one with a spare remote.

Your car will gleam after you put on Zaino! It is TONS of work. I think it took me 3-5 hours to do all the detailing but boy is it worth it.

Also, every time you put it on, the gloss becomes deeper and the car stays cleaner then before. (as I was told)

Quick Reply: My review of Zaino Wax w/pix