Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Just Finished CDC Shaker Install

Old 04-11-2006, 08:41 PM
PullMeOverRed05
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Just Finished CDC Shaker Install

Well, I got her out for her first highway run since installing the Shaker. The car did "feel" a little more responsive on the highway. The one thing that did increase is the car got even more looks than normal (from the cops too).

I'm not sure if the Shaker itself actually made any difference in the feel of the responsiveness or not. What I noticed is that the engine seemed to be running slightly cooler. This is funny because I seem to remember reading that these temp gauges were really nothing more than an idiot gauge and not a true reflection of engine temp (other than cold and full operating temp). I would have to guess that big hole in the hood could made things slighty cooler under there, even though it was warmer here in NJ than it has been in a while (about 65 today)

Tim - no noticeable difference in MPG but I wasn't really taking it light on the throttle either. Seemed like everyone wanted a race today. While I didn't take anyone on, I did get a few nice launches and passes in to quiet down the Lexus (and of all things an Acura) that wouldn't leave me alone.

So the jury is still out on any performance or fuel economy gains. That's OK though as my reason for doing it was purely for old school looks..

PW - If it is noce this weekend I'm going to install those longer bolts w/ washers and try to move the ball socket. I remember reading that in the original link you sent me but didn't get to it on the initial install. Thanks again for the assistance.
Old 04-11-2006, 08:53 PM
Kaldar142
4th Gear Member

looks really nice, i would consider one but i hear they don't offer much performance gains and really limit what you can do under the hood. especially for $700 i think i would much rather spend that money elsewhere, but if it actually does give a noticably increase in power... maybe i'll look into it.
Old 08-02-2006, 01:17 PM
emBOSSed

The dealer installed mine before I even saw the car. The shaker adds cold air the otherwise hot factory airbox. Just for giggles I took some duct tape and blocked the original airbox inlet leaving only the cold air from the shaker. I think it actually made a difference. But maybe not. But maybe.. who knows. Anyway the potential trade is airmass. The shaker tubing might be smaller than the original inlet. I haven't measured. At lease it didn't trip the ECM or anything like that.

[IMG]local://upfiles/44587/68E7023A6DA242369247BF3C0A9E426D.jpg[/IMG]
Old 08-03-2006, 10:42 PM
burris84

im considering putting the shaker on my vista blue vert... i was just wondering if you could give me any tips on installing and ideas on how difficult it actually was to do. Also I was wondering your guys opinions on the black shaker hood with white racing stripes on the vista blue, plus opinions on the vert with white racing tripes... thanks guys, im new to this, and I really want to do it right!
Old 08-04-2006, 05:14 AM
TheDutchTexan
4th Gear Member

I would love to see how this looks with the hood up. Respectable? Or messy? Got photos of that aswell?

With the hood down it rocks! I wonder how much it shakes under power, and if it moves at all when idling at the lights.

But I do think it needs to be complemented with the token "blacked-out" hood.
Old 08-04-2006, 05:36 AM
05gtgreen
2nd Gear Member

I had mine on the car for a month now, and love it. I was gonna plug off the factory air box hole just so it was getting air from the shaker, would this affect anything? Her is a pic of mine.

[IMG]local://upfiles/29376/A438E286213D44818FAD46AEC037F8DF.jpg[/IMG]
Old 08-04-2006, 03:00 PM
emBOSSed

Im still not bored with mine. I will post of pic with hood up tonight from home. As for blocking off the hot air hole. I pulled the original ventury rubber thinging off the airbox and added metal duct tape. I don't feel much of a result but mentally I am more satisfied. I wonder in the winter what will happen. Its a cool 102 degrees here in Baltimore today.
Old 08-04-2006, 03:13 PM
hammeron
6th Gear Member

it looks absolutely fantastic, nice job
Old 08-04-2006, 03:54 PM
Agleon
2nd Gear Member

I dont trust myself cutting away at my hood.
Old 08-04-2006, 03:58 PM
chrisc
5th Gear Member

man, your huevos must be the size of bowling ***** to make a cut like that

looks great!!!!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Just Finished CDC Shaker Install