Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Just Finished CDC Shaker Install

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2006, 12:41 AM
PullMeOverRed05
3rd Gear Member

Default Just Finished CDC Shaker Install

Well, We finally got some nice weather here to let me finally get a shot at installing the CDC Shaker. I can tell you it was a lot harder on the stomach cutting a big hole in the center of the hood than it was drilling for the hood pins I did a few months ago.

Overall the install really inst too bad. I have to say I like the Shaker but the directions for the install really stink. I feel they could have been much more descriptive. Anyway, thanks to PW (thanks Prof!) I got the scoop on a few things to watch out for so that made it a bit easier. I still have some minor clean up work to do under the hood, but I really love the way this came out. Really makes me feel like I am driving my 69 Mach 1 again!

If anyone has been thinking of doing this install themselves, go for it. It really isn't too bad. I have several pics of the install for anyone is interested.

Next up... Hurst Shifter

[IMG]local://upfiles/14145/954FBD2A0F9F42328901FF5430F4E2A6.jpg[/IMG]
Old 04-10-2006, 12:47 AM
Newbreedgt05
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Just Finished CDC Shaker Install

Looks great![sm=smiley20.gif] I want one of those shakers, but unfortunately don't have the funds.
Old 04-10-2006, 01:16 AM
ford4v429
3rd Gear Member

She looks sweeeeet-
Congrats! One thing about a mustang with a shaker- just cant go wrong Are you planning on doing any 'mach1' type blackout on the hood also, or are you content for now?

Cutting metal chips where not long ago wax was being applied has gotta be tough- I might be finding out soon too- I went to the columbus swapmeet last week and CDC was there- if they'd had another shaker with them, I likely would have impulse bought it...mulling it over though, I still am keeping my fingers crossed for a magnacharger when they come out- looking at the display shaker they had, pretty easy to see a shaker and a blower wont work unless you go centrifugal- but I want bottom end torque...anyway I ordered a 69 cougar eliminator scoop instead- woulda been painting/installing this weekend, but missed the ups guy friday- wont see it till tomorrow...hoping to fab a gasketed airbox/ducting that will get coldair without getting in the way of a future blower- the scoops quite wide, so hopefully will be plenty of room for ducting that would straddle a blower.
I really want cold air- read about another guy whose highway MPG went from 26 to 30 by adding shaker only- please let me know if your highway numbers come up with cold air too. BTW- I got 2400 miles now, best was 24mpg (twice) driving to Columbus and back(twice in past 2 weeks)- but that included quite a few onramps& probably averaging 75-80, so 26 probably about best I can do if I keep closer to 70 and the tach left of center on onramps
Old 04-10-2006, 01:24 AM
95Tbird
1st Gear Member

well .. can you tell any differince with it. Faster more HP???
Old 04-10-2006, 01:26 AM
86ragtopman

Wow, just posted wondering if anyone had tackled this and your post showed up right below mine!

Would love to hear what you ran into. Looking to do this to my Black '05 Vert. With the red leather, may go with a red "Mach" stripe over the hood/trunk and leave the shaker black. I agree, the shaker makes the car!
Old 04-10-2006, 02:56 AM
Rench
1st Gear Member

That looks REALLY good. I got one of the first ones that CDC sent out. Just curious, I saw a picture of one that was riveted to the airbox. Is that the way yours is, or do you have the one with the tabs. I have mine sitting in the garage and I've been going back and forth on wether to install it or not. I keep seeing guys with the lighter color cars with them and they look great. Just can't decide if it will look as good with a black car......................
Old 04-10-2006, 03:07 AM
AmericanMuscle4.6GT
5th Gear Member

thats awesome man. old school.....now u need like a chin spoiler to even it out lol..................can u post some more pics with different angles and stuff?

also, could someone photoshop it for a silver mustang? (just make the stang silver).
Old 04-10-2006, 09:25 AM
PullMeOverRed05
3rd Gear Member

Thanks for the compliments guys. I really think this is the perfect mod for setting your 'stang apart from the others.

Tim - Not sure if I am going to go with the hood blackout or not. I've seen a couple of others with it and they look GREAT, but I am torn between no stripes, hood blackout, or the racing stripes. That Eliminator scoop you ordered should look great. Post the pics when you are done. I'll keep you posted on the mpg. I haven't had it on the highway since the install, but I have gotten 27mpg on the highway 3 times with setting the cruise control at 75 on long trips.

95Tbird - I don't think I will see too much in the way of performance with the shaker. I think it is more of a aesthetics mod than anything, however I was told that above 40mph I will notice a little difference so well see.

86ragtop - Nothing major, but there were a few steps (or notes) that I think CDC should have included. The big thing is you really need to cut the front of the shroud for this. I don't see how you are expected to get to the two throttle body bolts with the little clearance they have before modification.

Rench - this one has the tabs on the lower air duct. Sounds like you have an early version. Check the holes on the front bracket that mounts to the top of the throttle body. If they are not elongated, do it! Otherwise you don't have any side to side adjustment int he front.. I think it would look sweet with the black car. Go for it!

American Muscle - Thanks. Thinking about a chin spoiler somewhere down the line. Here are a few more pics since you asked

[IMG]local://upfiles/14145/A2B97A1CB7E046F6AABEE05C440B8DB6.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/14145/BFDC5A071ACF4046A26FA6D5B9CF1E99.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/14145/93A77B9E3A8849AC9C67BD0A55F98C3A.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/14145/9DBCE85433B1478FB98F1E379960B0B4.jpg[/IMG]
Old 04-10-2006, 05:25 PM
95Tbird
1st Gear Member

Chin spoiler would look cool . How about a duckbill spoiler for the back???There is a GT running around town and he dont have a rear spoiler and it looks very cool
Old 04-10-2006, 11:42 PM
Professor Wizard
MF Moderator

Pull..

THAT looks sweet dude!

Now.. be careful driving in the country - - is seems the shaker is good for sucking up low flying chickens! Then your car smells like a KFC for a few hours.

Quick Reply: Just Finished CDC Shaker Install