Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Please be super CRITICAL

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2006, 10:21 AM
redbullet
1st Gear Member

Default RE: Please be super CRITICAL

Great drawing. If you could, more definition at the rear bumper where the side 1/4 and rear meet.
Old 04-10-2006, 11:05 AM
rattsj
2nd Gear Member

The only thing that I can see is that your rear wheel appears to have a bit of an angle that is not quite right. But all in all its a great job. Your shading is excelent. You do a very good job of letting light create your picture rather than lines.

Nice work
Old 04-10-2006, 11:11 AM
randy78045
6th Gear Member

Tail lights should be red...

Just kidding...
Old 04-10-2006, 11:24 AM
EJD05GT
2nd Gear Member

Nice work!! [sm=signs007.gif]

ORIGINAL: ronchap200027

Sorry for the boring post but I would like some honest opinions on my drawing. It's still not done but it's close. I've considered selling prints (although I know most people wouldn't be interested in a drawing of their car, but it was a thought anyway) but this original will hang in my "art room". Please... tell me what you DON'T like about it. I will NOT be offended. I appreciate constructive criticism. Makes me better.

Hopefully this works to post the pic. Again, sorry for the boring post. Good comments and BAD, very welcome!

[IMG]local://upfiles/31314/D54A54E629514DCE8F524E21A7EA7C65.jpg[/IMG]
Old 04-10-2006, 01:18 PM
fairlane292
5th Gear Member

I love it and would love to have you do mine. Other than CDC chinspoiler (just added) you would just have to pick up the flames. You know you would have fun doin that. (lol) (Could send you many pics if you decide you'd like to do mine. Would need to be front corner and some hood surface angle view I would think. I'm getting some pro digital pics soon; you would be welcome to show them wherever you want along with your pencil drawing to show a comparison and that you are not just tracing. Again, nice work!!! ...Jim
Old 04-10-2006, 01:41 PM
ronchap200027

I would absolutely love to sell my work. I'd have a rough time getting rid of the originals but I could always scan them before I sent them out. Framing is not a problem either. My brother and I have a small workshop in his garage. Woodworking is the other thing I've grown up with. The only thing I'd be worried about with framing them and glass is shipping. That would suck if things were broken in shipping. And what about framing styles?

Price?? I don't know. $150 to $300 is probably about right. I guess it would depend on the size and how many hours I put into it. I feel confident with any size really, but 11 x 14 is probably the best in my opinion. 8 x 10 is definitely do-able. I've never actually tried to sell anything I've ever drawn. I've always drawn for fun. Maybe the first five could go for $150 (framed or un-framed... not sure yet) like an "introductory offer" LOL and then I could go from there depending on how many people would actually want a picture of their car. Maybe I should see what happens at an arts and crafts show sometime.

I would definitely draw anyone's car on this forum. Honestly, this picture is the first mustang I've ever drawn. I've been drawing all my life but after I bought my car last year, I had to draw it.

Thanks for the compliments and criticism. Both are very much appreciated.

saud alzaabi... AWESOME drawing. I can't do anything like that so I admire you! The only way I could draw that is if I had your picture to reference, which I won't do, by the way. That would look awesome on a bike!!!
Old 04-10-2006, 02:04 PM
hamidlmt
I ♥ Acer

This is truly quite brilliant! Shows a lotta love!

The only nit picky thing is the angle of the rear wheel... the front of the wheel looks toed outward just a bit... maybe the Mustang took a bad curb lol. But, I had to really look for this... really stare at it for a bit for that to pop out.

I love that you've captured reflections in the paint... stunning work!

Is this your ride?!
Old 04-10-2006, 02:45 PM
GGIII
3rd Gear Member

I will send you so many pics of my car as soon as I get my black Bullitt 18s on.... I'd LOVE to have a drawing like that of my Stang!!

I agree on the angle bit, too, by the way. Front+side is the best angle for the Oh-Five.
Old 04-10-2006, 03:35 PM
Sleeper05
5th Gear Member

being an artist myself, i can point out a few things to work on...

1)spoiler has no definition to it
2)spoiler is raised higher on the left side than the rear side from trunk deck
3)tires are "rounded" too much...they look like 225s with a huge bulge..try to flatten out the sidewalls a lil
4)i love your use of highlights...but i know the entire top half of the car is not a highlight lol
5)the antenna seems to of disappeared
6)lower left quadrant of the front rim is oblong
7)too much contrast between door handle and door...soften the upper and right edges
8)the right corner of the rear bumper does not have a noticeable vertical highlight and is missing definition

overall, VERY good, you can tell i had to work to find little things to improve. i would say that the best way to bring everything out is:
a)add some value to the top half of the car
b)add value to the darker areas and take a little away from the highlights to bring out the definition
c)sign your work (i think it would look good along the right edge of the car's shadow down the side)

sry if it sounds "too" critical
Old 04-10-2006, 04:03 PM
viking396
5th Gear Member

Other than the fact it looks like you traced it, it's a nice job.
'Course, I'm not an artist and maybe that's how the image gets started... looks good though.

I can draw dead trees and stick people, so I can't complain.

Quick Reply: Please be super CRITICAL