Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need Help: Door Ding Repair

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2006, 02:35 PM
Rolland
1st Gear Member

Default Need Help: Door Ding Repair

Came out of the store, get into my car, seems like I remember a jacked up white truck on my passenger side. Think nothing of it, go home. Next day, wife and I are getting into car and she says, what’s this white stripe over here?

Heart sinks and I go over to check it out. I got a white vertical stripe on my passenger side about 8 inches long. The only place any real damage resides is on the door crease that extends at the same level as the door handle.

The ding/dent is about the size of a quarter, and while it isn't noticeable to the "normal person" I look at it every time I'm on that side of the car. Especially because it bends the reflection.

I remember seeing an add on TV for a door ding repair that was a suction cup and a screw, but don't remember who made it. Also looking to know if anyone else has done "home ding repair" or if I should suck it up and just get it fixed professionally.

BTW, no damage to the paint. The clear coat has 3 tiny scratches in it, but I think I can wax/buff those out.
Old 04-10-2006, 02:48 PM
LEJAY
I ♥ Acer

Default RE: Need Help: Door Ding Repair

What I shame !!!!!!!!!!! I could literally smack the sh** outta people like that. I park so far out at the mall, most people would need a bus to get there.
1. Look up "dent dr" on the net, you should have someone near you.
2. Check the yellow pages for ......Dr Ding or Dent Dr.
3. Those kits on TV ain't that great.
4. Good luck !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Let me know how it turns out.
Old 04-10-2006, 02:50 PM
VaporDude
5th Gear Member

I would look up the local Dent Wizard. I don't think that thing you seen on TV would help that one since it is on the crease. It would probably cost you about $75.
Old 04-10-2006, 03:35 PM
fairlane292
5th Gear Member

Exactly, what's on tv is junk. I saw a decent door ding on a 06 Mazda RX8 in a lot 2 weeks ago and told the salesguy about it; I guess he thought I was interested in the car cause I came back a few days later (shopping with my daughter for a new car) and 100% GONE!!!! unbelieveable; the car was sparkling clean and in great light and no matter what angle I looked at it; it was "not there". This is definitely the way to go. I asked the sales guy about it and they said they use this service all the time. (Not surprised; all their cars were parked so close)
Old 04-10-2006, 04:04 PM
Rolland
1st Gear Member

Fairlane, what service did the dealership use?

Edit: I get it. I did some searching on "paintless dent removal" and the service I think you are talking about is more of a practice. Aparently these guys use tools that get into the door panel (or whereever) and push the bump out from the inside.

I'm going to talk to a couple local autobody shops here in town and see if they offer that service.
Old 04-10-2006, 04:19 PM
rex7010
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 05BlueGT

I would look up the local Dent Wizard. I don't think that thing you seen on TV would help that one since it is on the crease. It would probably cost you about $75.
That is your answer trust me and 05BlueGT.. I use to work on cars so I got to see these guys due " there stuff " .. they are great .. they can get just about anything out and you will never know it was THERE...!!! the other people might be correct also..but he it is called the Dent Wizard .. Cincinnati, Ohio

good luck..

Rex
Old 04-10-2006, 08:26 PM
fairlane292
5th Gear Member

It was either Dent Wizard or Dent Doctor. Was one of these relatively new franchises; they usually have mobile service too. I can put a call into the Mazda dealership for ya if you really want to know. I think a lot has to do with the company and the individual who does your work; so I'd suggest stopping buy a place or two like this and also determine the actual person who would do your car (...don't want a rookie, ya know? let him/her practice on a 06 GTO (lol)) ...Jim
Old 04-10-2006, 08:34 PM
Scooter80
2nd Gear Member

My brother is a "Dent Wizard". He does amazing things with sheet metal. They send him places after stroms to repair hail damage without having to repaint cars. (For big dealerships and such that don't want to repair hundreds of cars). But they also have retail locations throughout the Midwest and more. Like I said, they do incredible things. You would never know there used to be a 1-1/2" ding there! Creases are harder he says but doable! There are reasonably priced too. Look in yellow pages or search for "Paintless Dent Removal"
Old 04-10-2006, 11:37 PM
Professor Wizard
MF Moderator

A sponser for my car is "Dent Devil"... and they fix ALL the dings and dents in my car... I could NOT be happer with their work.
Old 04-10-2006, 11:42 PM
fairlane292
5th Gear Member

ahhhh..... a sponsor for your car???? ...your GT? or should I be looking for you in NASCAR on Fox this Sunday?

Quick Reply: Need Help: Door Ding Repair