Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

FRPP/Whipple SC

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2006, 09:57 PM
allfyre
3rd Gear Member

Default FRPP/Whipple SC

Forgive me if there's been chatter about this recently, but I've been away from the forums for a couple of weeks and I might have missed it. So, as it happens, I am now in the market for a twin-screw SC. I had planned on the getting the Saleen unit, but I see now that FRPP has a kit coming out "soon."

So what do we know about this kit, and how in you opinion does it compare to the Saleen system? Should I even mention the warranty?
Old 04-11-2006, 12:06 AM
mongrull006
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: FRPP/Whipple SC

that kit has been comming soon for a year.

that said, whipple is very very close to shipping its s/c which looks to be the same setup. ford will probably follow close behind.

IMO the whipple/frpp twin screw is probably going to be worth the wait because its possible it will carry the warrenty of the roush yet be comperable with the kenne bell
Old 04-11-2006, 12:24 AM
andyman
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: mongrull006

that kit has been comming soon for a year.

that said, whipple is very very close to shipping its s/c which looks to be the same setup. ford will probably follow close behind.

IMO the whipple/frpp twin screw is probably going to be worth the wait because its possible it will carry the warrenty of the roush yet be comperable with the kenne bell
um it's already out

Old 04-11-2006, 12:55 AM
mongrull006
2nd Gear Member

yes they are out but no one that i know of has actually recieved one yet, hence the comment "very close to shipping shipping"

Ty
Old 04-11-2006, 01:08 AM
andyman
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: mongrull006

yes they are out but no one that i know of has actually recieved one yet, hence the comment "very close to shipping shipping"

Ty
do you know of anyone that has ordered one and can't wait to tell you that they got it?
Old 04-11-2006, 01:35 AM
mongrull006
2nd Gear Member

there is someone on this site that recently ordered one. i cannot remember his name nor could i find it with our outstanding search engine [:'(]

i could be incorrect but the last i read from him about it he still had not recieved the s/c. i dont think the first thing he would do is jump on his computer and post his reception of the product, but i do believe he would metion it somewhere in his postings when he does come on. i have not seen it yet. thats also why i said "no one i know". if the s/c has been on the market i would think we would see a pround new owner boasting about their hp and torque gains. i havent seen any of this info on any of the forums i browse, therefore my conclusion is they are not shipping yet OR they are, but in limited numbers.

please, if you are trying to hound me or prove me wrong, stop. if i am wrong i have no problem admitting it.

EDIT: the guy i am talking about is matto1975, he said his s/c his last post about this said his s/c was supposed to ship this past friday. they are shipping now i guess, but they just started. i have been watching these for a while [sm=gears.gif]
Old 04-11-2006, 02:02 AM
matto1975
2nd Gear Member

I am waiting on the whipple to finally show up. I was told that it shipped on Friday the 7th of April. I ordered it on the 27th of March. I am actually calling tomorrow morning to make sure it is on the way
Old 04-11-2006, 02:31 PM
Birdieman4
5th Gear Member

The Saleen unit will still be more efficient with it's inverted design, and long intake runners. But the Whipple unit is an excellent unit that I think will be better than KB's.
Old 04-11-2006, 03:30 PM
allfyre
3rd Gear Member

I really like the saleen unit, but damn it's expensive.
Old 04-11-2006, 04:39 PM
MikeHawke
Retired MF Moderator

MF sponsor Lethal Performance.http://www.autoforumuniverse.com/ads...rformance.com/

Quick Reply: FRPP/Whipple SC