Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Just got beaten by one fast MR2 ( funny story)

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2006, 07:34 PM
saud alzaabi
3rd Gear Member

Default Just got beaten by one fast MR2 ( funny story)

well guys ... imagine this ... its funny

Well i have been cruising from 7:00 pm and i saw some white lights behind me so i gave him a chance to come near me so that it can be a fair race well guess what it turned out to be a supra. .. i dont know the mods but it had that big can exhaust and i saw some gauges any way there comes this U turn and he went there first and im behind so he gassed it and i did too when i got to the 3rd gear i was exactly near him which means i got him ( remember he gassed it first ) ok the second he saw my front lights near his doors meaning that im passing him he braked and took another turn .. he escaped .... but there goes ONE win for me...

, anyway later like at 8:15 pm i saw a lexus 430 i think its a G430 not the newest design but the one before it so here comes this speed bump so we slowed down and got it into 1st but that loser lexus owner stole the take off before i finish going through the speed bump he gassed it so i let go of the brakes and hit it 1~2~3 and i got him close to him so then he slowed down ... it was a close race if he didnt steal that bump i would've gave him a good BYE BYE... lol ok here comes the funny part now

we stoped in my house and ate dinner and got out again ... so i was dropping my cuzzin to his house at like 11:50 and we saw an mr2 my cuzin asked me is the mr2 fast ? i told him yeah its fast but i dont think its faster than the mustang... so i see this mr2 sticking behind me bumper to bumper... well guys i want you to know that fromt he beggening of this story my car was full there was also 2 friends sitting at the back ... any way i gave that mr2 a chance to be infront of me so that it can be a fair race ... well guess what we gassed it and i got him when we hit 4th i see him flying so then we slowed down and got to this other road ... so back to 1st and there we go i pass him and same when we hit 4th he comes to me like a blast i was like WTF ... ( he had a beautifull blow off valve sound ) so my cuzin sitting in the passenger seat said i think he's using NO2 so i was like no i dont think so maybe our car is just too much heavy ... so then we went for this 3rd time ... and i almost missed the third and i see he coming to me like a freakin shooovvvv lol so after that we said its enough so i had to stop him i stopped him and there i went to hi and said man thats a fast mr2 he said before i raise the boost i ws beaten by an auto mustang so i had to do some more mods ... so i said do u have NO2 on it he said no just some few mods ... he opened his back trunk and it was full of that HKS RICY STUFF ... he said it's got inter cooler and little turbo mods ... so i was like ohh thats nice ... but damn i couldnt find that no2 button ... anyway i got back in my car and i was confused ... lol beating a supra and that lexus 430 those 2 are fast too but i couldnt think that i would be beaten by MR2 ...

so the lesson today is never talk untill u really know the answere ... but one question though ... i have been driving the car from 7 till 12 ... stoped few times ... but the gear box's TEMP got higher so could it really be that i lose few HP'S when the gear box runs in high temp ?

Old 04-12-2006, 07:43 PM
Lone_Star_Stang
1st Gear Member

Default RE: Just got beaten by one fast MR2 ( funny story)

This all happened at a track correct? [:@]
Old 04-12-2006, 07:48 PM
saud alzaabi
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Lone_Star_Stang

Well not actually a track but on an empty street ... you know some few roads where young guys with fast cars cruise... but it was still illegal ... ohh well dont tell anyone.[8D]
Old 04-12-2006, 07:48 PM
GGIII
3rd Gear Member

The story would be boring if it had.

Also, nice kills. ^_^
Old 04-12-2006, 08:10 PM
Lone_Star_Stang
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: GGIII

The story would be boring if it had.

Also, nice kills. ^_^
I wouldn't say boring if it had. I've had plenty of fun at the track. Ever since I was a passenger in a 90mph t-bone, street racing has lost it's appeal.
Old 04-12-2006, 08:11 PM
dkano
3rd Gear Member

Don't feel bad about losing to a modded MR2, plus you had passengers in your car. You can take a stock MR2 easy, but like the Civics and some other ricers, they can be modded to run faster than 11 seconds in the 1/4 mile!
http://www.mr2ownersclub.com/mr2records/drag.htm
Old 04-12-2006, 08:12 PM
GGIII
3rd Gear Member

My post was intended to be a joke, by the way.

Just making sure everyone knows that. ^_^

I keep my racing legal or not at all.
Old 04-12-2006, 08:19 PM
saud alzaabi
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: dkano

Don't feel bad about losing to a modded MR2, plus you had passengers in your car. You can take a stock MR2 easy, but like the Civics and some other ricers, they can be modded to run faster than 11 seconds in the 1/4 mile!
http://www.mr2ownersclub.com/mr2records/drag.htm

woww i didnt know that mr2's can be that fast ... lol in that link there is an mr2 puuling a wheelie haha i thought american muscle cars should only pull a wheelie ...