Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Are the new edge mustangs our friends or foes?

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2006, 12:53 AM
tightdogal
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Are the new edge mustangs our friends or foes?

ORIGINAL: LEJAY

Just be cool, and understand, (like others are saying) it's jealousy. Can you blame them ????? You have "the most powerful stock 'Stang ever produced"
Still waiting on my mine.

as a new edge owner myself, i must say jealousy is not a reason at all haha. the only ppl who have 05+ mustangs are either rich kids or older people. most of those who drive the GT's in my area are driven by women, believe it or not. (which isnt a bad thing). but no, some are cool. one day i was driving down the street and a 05 GT gave me a thumbs up and i gave one back. but one day last summer a guy in an 04 GT pulled up at a gas station and went on and on about how cool mustangs are and gave me props even though i had a v6 (but it was really clean so i guess thats why) were all united because we drive a cool car, i hate how the 05+ and pre 05 people are split up, i mean look at MF, there are many 05 people who dont post in any other section than 05+. i think we should all be united, instead of "foes"
Old 04-13-2006, 01:16 AM
xRockThePonyx
6th Gear Member

^ I don't think it's necessarily jealousy, but the 05 people around here in Cinci that I've come across think they're better than me because they have the brand new thing on the street. I've yet to get many waves from new stang owners, but then again I don't get too many props from older stang owners either because most of the drivers are older people who don't get into the modding aspect of things.

I've just never found any new mustang owners who are friendly, but maybe with the stangs hitting the streets more it'll get better. I personally think the new stangs are ugly, but I would still give them a wave back out of respect, in the end, we all drive mustangs. Of course we're not gonna like every model that comes out, but we all have america's ponycar.
Old 04-13-2006, 01:22 AM
ttbit

Well, I own a '95 and an '06. I really thought Ford was on to something when I saw the '94 come out. When I saw the '05 concept I told my wife that it would be the first new car I would own. I never really liked the '99-'04 GT or V6 much in stock form, but liked the Mach 1, Bullitt, and the 35th anniversary editions. Yes..of course the Cobras. I had many Fox bodied Mustangs over the years. I loved the '85. The '06 marks my first new car at age 37. Does that make me the rich kid or an older people?

Anyway, I can appreciate all Mustangs, even the Mustang II which I owned a few of also. I have only had my 2006 GT for a few weeks and haven't gotten much attention. Less than 300 miles and still breakin' her in!
Old 04-13-2006, 01:39 AM
AmericanMuscle4.6GT
5th Gear Member

i think its just sick that mustang owners would be divided over model years. thats lame IMO. im not even divided between chevy/ford/ all that brand loyalty bull****, or even imports/domestics (NOT ricers). new edge mustang owners have NOTHING to be jealous of. those are some BADASS looking cars IMO.

Just be cool, and understand, (like others are saying) it's jealousy. Can you blame them ????? You have "the most powerful stock 'Stang ever produced"

uhhh................lol theres 2 that pwn the 3V. the mach1/99-01 cobra and the 03-04 cobra.
Old 04-13-2006, 02:09 AM
2005MustangGtGuy
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: xRockThePonyx

^ I don't think it's necessarily jealousy, but the 05 people around here in Cinci that I've come across think they're better than me because they have the brand new thing on the street. I've yet to get many waves from new stang owners, but then again I don't get too many props from older stang owners either because most of the drivers are older people who don't get into the modding aspect of things.

I've just never found any new mustang owners who are friendly, but maybe with the stangs hitting the streets more it'll get better. I personally think the new stangs are ugly, but I would still give them a wave back out of respect, in the end, we all drive mustangs. Of course we're not gonna like every model that comes out, but we all have america's ponycar.
I havent seen you driving around in a while, but I did say hi when I saw you that one time [&o] Ill wave if I ever see you driving. Ive gotten a thumbs up from 1 new edge owner last fall and several 05/06 owners. It just seems like most new edge people dont like the 05/06 cars for some reason..I like most years of mustangs, so I cant figure it out [&:]
Old 04-13-2006, 02:14 AM
MikeHawke
Retired MF Moderator

I have also noticed alot of hate towards the new cars, especially the V6.

Personally, I wasn't really crazy about the new cars until I drove one myself. It took me a year but finally. last fall, I just had to dump my '03 GT for my '06 GT.

To each his own, I say. *shrugs*

Here's my old car and the crappy, only pictures I have of my new one because it snowed the day I got it LOL.[8D]

[IMG]local://upfiles/6591/D88C29732FD04BADA1ED28DC5C797DCF.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/6591/4C21DA5C0FB64CC48E318A74BA7B44E7.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/6591/F912598D306B461DB5AF37C65C6D3684.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/6591/80B66E726C044DD5B82E931CA0D0EE09.jpg[/IMG]
Old 04-13-2006, 02:19 AM
SpecterGT260
5th Gear Member

new edges.... those guys are deuche bags [8D]
Old 04-13-2006, 02:41 AM
rhein
1st Gear Member

Definetly Freinds.....

One 04 GT Vert owner has even lent me his car while mine is in the shop....

Of course he is my Father in Law...hahaha.

Old 04-13-2006, 04:12 AM
rattsj
2nd Gear Member

The 05 is the first mustang I have owned and would be willing to bet half of S197 owners are first time stang owners. I can't speak for everyone but when I first got my stang I was oblivious to the mustang culture. I learned slowly that if you see another stang whatever model, engine you should acknowlege them as a part of your club. That being said I think that with a lot of S197 owners being new stangers probably seemed snobby to older editions because we were oblivious to the culture. Therefore they react the way all people react. 2-3 negative experiences tend to shape our views about people as a whole. Its a natural function but we could all be a little more self aware and more respectful of others. I say all stangs are our friends even the crappy gas crisis years. You are all in the club now 66,74,94,06 whatever. Mustangs were born to be affordable, stylish, cars on the edge of performance vehicles. That working folks like us can build to smoke corvettes in. Now if you find yourself being a snob and hating on other models think about the club your in and how many generations have bled blue to keep this ride alive while the competitors faltered. If you can't do that sell your mustang and buy a BMW cuz you aren't welcome in my club.
Old 04-13-2006, 06:27 AM
Timmay!!!
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: tightdogal

ORIGINAL: LEJAY

as a new edge owner myself, i must say jealousy is not a reason at all haha. the only ppl who have 05+ mustangs are either rich kids or older people. most of those who drive the GT's in my area are driven by women, believe it or not. (which isnt a bad thing). but no, some are cool. one day i was driving down the street and a 05 GT gave me a thumbs up and i gave one back. but one day last summer a guy in an 04 GT pulled up at a gas station and went on and on about how cool mustangs are and gave me props even though i had a v6 (but it was really clean so i guess thats why) were all united because we drive a cool car, i hate how the 05+ and pre 05 people are split up, i mean look at MF, there are many 05 people who dont post in any other section than 05+. i think we should all be united, instead of "foes"

I'm 24=young/ high insurance
Military= not rich/ never home to play with my mustang

But I personally have nothing against new edgers and if I was a bit older and richer would have bought a 03-04 cobra. But If anything I've noticed more fox body guys bashing on the new GTs

Quick Reply: Are the new edge mustangs our friends or foes?