Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Are the new edge mustangs our friends or foes?

Old 04-13-2006, 12:14 PM
QuickShortBus
I ♥ Acer

Default RE: Are the new edge mustangs our friends or foes?

I too am 24, I own my own house and bought my '06 two months ago. I've never had anything handed to me and I work my butt off for what I have. I appreciate all Mustangs I've had 10 all fox bodies until the S197 since I was 16. So not all of us are old or rich. I always wave at every performance car, I don't care if it's a Mustang, Corvette, Camaro, Firebird etc...
Old 04-13-2006, 01:18 PM
xRockThePonyx
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 2005MustangGtGuy

ORIGINAL: xRockThePonyx

^ I don't think it's necessarily jealousy, but the 05 people around here in Cinci that I've come across think they're better than me because they have the brand new thing on the street. I've yet to get many waves from new stang owners, but then again I don't get too many props from older stang owners either because most of the drivers are older people who don't get into the modding aspect of things.

I've just never found any new mustang owners who are friendly, but maybe with the stangs hitting the streets more it'll get better. I personally think the new stangs are ugly, but I would still give them a wave back out of respect, in the end, we all drive mustangs. Of course we're not gonna like every model that comes out, but we all have america's ponycar.
I havent seen you driving around in a while, but I did say hi when I saw you that one time [&o] Ill wave if I ever see you driving. Ive gotten a thumbs up from 1 new edge owner last fall and several 05/06 owners. It just seems like most new edge people dont like the 05/06 cars for some reason..I like most years of mustangs, so I cant figure it out [&:]
Thats right! I did see you, that was a while back though. Actually I see your car sometimes when I'm driving by. My mom LOVES it by the way. lol. I was like, mom I've met that guy he'd probably let you sit in it. She drives the gold mini with the black top around this area... her plates used to say XBUNNY, so you may have seen her before.

Anyways, I've noticed there aren't TOO many new mustangs in Cinci yet, but I have seen a FEW that i think are really nice looking. I just wouldn't buy one because they look too boxy to me. I've seen a couple cool ones though, so I shouldn't say they're all ugly.

I'm sure it was the same way when the new edge came out, we'll all be ok.
Old 04-13-2006, 02:25 PM
omer333
3rd Gear Member

Honestly, this is the first and only Mustang I've owned. I never liked the Fox-body, I wasn't too keen on the SN-95s, the New-Edge was ok, but the S197s and the original Mustangs (1964-Mach 1) were the only ones I liked.

What can I say? I was a Chevy guy.

I don't really go into the other parts of MF, because I'm just interested in the new 'Stangs, no disrespect towards the other years.
Old 04-13-2006, 04:56 PM
StangPilot
1st Gear Member

I have to say I am 28 and this is my first Mustang. I loved the body style ever since I saw concept drawings back in '04. I am not rich (yet) and not old, so that throws that theory out the window. The older body styles are growing on me since I own a Mustang too.

As far as people messing with me on the road, I get it more often than not. People are ALWAYS cutting me off on the highway, speeding past and merging right in front of me, even had a guy TRY TO HIT MY CAR ON PURPOSE!!! Let me tell you, there was almost a brawl in the middle of the highway!! I have been asking people that I work with if there is some kind of stigma against Mustang owners. Are we looked at as people who are not safe and like to showboat? Don't get me wrong, I like to drive my car fast but safely and I was not driving fast when any of this happened. Actually I was at a stop when the dude tryed to hit my car. I don't get it. Are other drivers doing these things because they are jealous, or because the know I will let them in because I don't want to harm my car? One of these days some unlucky bastard will get to taste my grill and pay for it!!
Old 04-13-2006, 06:10 PM
Professor Wizard
MF Moderator

I have to say friend... I get HI signs from all sorts of people... and many REV's from other year GT's..

The only mustang guys who seem to cop an attitude and frown at me when I wave, drive hooties that badly need a wash and some body work but sound fast as hell, or at least they do make a LOT of noise.

But then.. I'm a very friendly guy always with a smile and a nod anytime I see another mustang of any year!
Old 04-13-2006, 06:38 PM
saud alzaabi
3rd Gear Member

man... i dont care if they are friends or foes .... if they respect me i respect them but if they did not then i just give them a hard time reading the letters GT on the back of my trunk
Old 04-13-2006, 06:42 PM
06ragtop
1st Gear Member

Honestly, this is the first and only Mustang I've owned. I never liked the Fox-body, I wasn't too keen on the SN-95s, the New-Edge was ok, but the S197s and the original Mustangs (1964-Mach 1) were the only ones I liked.
For us really unedumacated newbies, could someone please define the following terms with model years?

Fox-body
SN-95
New-Edge
S197

I think I figured the S197 is '05 and '06 but not certain. As for the others, I'm lost.

I'll also add I didn't know of the culture and wouldn't know to wave, I don't know how many people have waved at me 'cause I wasn't looking for it. Hope I didn't offend anyone!
Old 04-13-2006, 06:54 PM
ThisBlood147
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 06ragtop

For us really unedumacated newbies, could someone please define the following terms with model years?

Fox-body
SN-95
New-Edge
S197

I think I figured the S197 is '05 and '06 but not certain. As for the others, I'm lost.

I'll also add I didn't know of the culture and wouldn't know to wave, I don't know how many people have waved at me 'cause I wasn't looking for it. Hope I didn't offend anyone!
Fox-body is 79-93 ( I think)
SN-95 is 94-98
New Edge is 99-04
S197 is 05+

Fox body:
[IMG]local://upfiles/28087/363BDF68A6E74CFC9D65A4B51EEB7C1E.jpg[/IMG]

SN-95:
[IMG]local://upfiles/28087/32494A3874254AED9F0D2618B571E5D6.jpg[/IMG]

New Edge:
[IMG]local://upfiles/28087/67E4F000B3ED40D783F3824294DB07D6.jpg[/IMG]

S197:
[IMG]local://upfiles/28087/FE7C3D00601A42DFB15182F9ECCE14FD.jpg[/IMG]
Old 04-13-2006, 07:14 PM
2005MustangGtGuy
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 2005MustangGtGuy

^ I don't think it's necessarily jealousy, but the 05 people around here in Cinci that I've come across think they're better than me because they have the brand new thing on the street. I've yet to get many waves from new stang owners, but then again I don't get too many props from older stang owners either because most of the drivers are older people who don't get into the modding aspect of things.

I've just never found any new mustang owners who are friendly, but maybe with the stangs hitting the streets more it'll get better. I personally think the new stangs are ugly, but I would still give them a wave back out of respect, in the end, we all drive mustangs. Of course we're not gonna like every model that comes out, but we all have america's ponycar.
I havent seen you driving around in a while, but I did say hi when I saw you that one time [&o] Ill wave if I ever see you driving. Ive gotten a thumbs up from 1 new edge owner last fall and several 05/06 owners. It just seems like most new edge people dont like the 05/06 cars for some reason..I like most years of mustangs, so I cant figure it out [&:]
Thats right! I did see you, that was a while back though. Actually I see your car sometimes when I'm driving by. My mom LOVES it by the way. lol. I was like, mom I've met that guy he'd probably let you sit in it. She drives the gold mini with the black top around this area... her plates used to say XBUNNY, so you may have seen her before.

Anyways, I've noticed there aren't TOO many new mustangs in Cinci yet, but I have seen a FEW that i think are really nice looking. I just wouldn't buy one because they look too boxy to me. I've seen a couple cool ones though, so I shouldn't say they're all ugly.

I'm sure it was the same way when the new edge came out, we'll all be ok.
Its cool. I may have seen your moms car before. Yeah, if you ever see me when youre with her stop in and say hi, I'll let you both sit in my car. Everybody that sits in my car instantly falls in love with it. I bet she'll be wanting to buy a new GT

Old 04-13-2006, 10:45 PM
McBudd
2nd Gear Member

my sister owns a 2000 and we are always going back and forth on whos is cleaner. But as far as I am concered if you own a stang then you own a stang no matter the year. Each of use have what we like and dilike about each year model. To me it was the new shark front ends that made me get my '06, my sister hates it and loves her sloped front. I have noticed that I get more waves and honks from those in models other then the previous style. I suppose when they change them again all of use in the '05 and '06's will feel the same way.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Are the new edge mustangs our friends or foes?