Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Getting a Little Crowded in Here

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2006, 09:10 PM
ThisBlood147
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Getting a Little Crowded in Here

But I will say that there are a number of the stickies that could just be eliminated all together because they have very few hits and some offer no real important info. The members' rides threads could be moved.......there should be one section for all of MF members' car pics anyways.
Old 04-13-2006, 09:24 PM
dkano
3rd Gear Member

I was thinking the same thing a couple of days ago. I was actually thinking of suggesting just one sticky per section with links to all the "important posts" in that section. That sticky could be updated every time the Mods find another good post they would like to add to the list. Would make finding "important" posts a lot easier and still be able to come here and a full page a new posts instead of having to go to page 2 to get the rest.
Mind you I visit this site more than 3-4 times a day (from home and from work) and I still have to go to page 2 a lot of times to get some of the new posts, seems like we're getting busier everyday, as the number of owners increases and they find this site.
Old 04-13-2006, 09:52 PM
ThisBlood147
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: dkano

I was thinking the same thing a couple of days ago. I was actually thinking of suggesting just one sticky per section with links to all the "important posts" in that section. That sticky could be updated every time the Mods find another good post they would like to add to the list. Would make finding "important" posts a lot easier and still be able to come here and a full page a new posts instead of having to go to page 2 to get the rest.
Mind you I visit this site more than 3-4 times a day (from home and from work) and I still have to go to page 2 a lot of times to get some of the new posts, seems like we're getting busier everyday, as the number of owners increases and they find this site.
+1
Old 04-13-2006, 09:59 PM
chrisc
5th Gear Member

i guess they are good to have, but i think that there should be another section that has them, like the 4.0 and 4.6 sections

4.0 V6 Specific
4.6 V8 Specific
V6 & V8 Information (this would have all the stickies in it)

mods?
Old 04-14-2006, 02:11 PM
VaporDude
5th Gear Member

I didn't know this would be such a popular post. There are several good suggestions here. Maybe one of the mods will see this and give us their suggestions.
Old 04-14-2006, 02:46 PM
chevykiller
I ♥ Acer

The stickies are nice for newbs but I do agree there are way too many in there. What if we just had a time frame based on hits? For example, if a sticky hasn't had a hit for say seven days, then it would be removed???

I actually was going to try to start a sticky thread of a glossary of terms for the site cause I get tons of PM's asking me , 'what is LCA and CMCP's mean' etc, etc, but I blew it off cause of all the stuff already in there.

I do agree that it's a pain in the butt that brand new posts are sometimes on the end of page 2 cause the stickies section is 1/2 of page 1...[:@]
Old 04-14-2006, 03:47 PM
67Sally
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: ThisBlood147

ORIGINAL: dkano

+1
I think that's the best idea yet
Old 04-14-2006, 03:56 PM
Derf00
Gentleman's Relish

umm...well these would all be good ideas but as someone already pointed out, although there are Stickies...Who the hell uses them???? Those same people that post about the same topic 5 minutes after someone else just posted about it don't bother to review the stickies let alone previous threads. Do you honestly feel that someone THAT lazy (as to do a quick search) would take the EXTRA step to look for a link within a link?? You guys/gals are underestimating the lazy people.
Old 04-14-2006, 04:11 PM
Professor Wizard
MF Moderator

I can’t speak for everyone… but being the author of a couple of stickies, I keep an eye on mine on a regular basis.

Mine are the Non-Performance Accessories and the Cross-Over Explained threads.

I believe they serve a huge service to new people in MF. Many like to go back and refer to them about something they forgot.

Mine get read every day, I know because I watch the counts.

Now… mine don’t get postings added to them very much because there isn’t much to add, but every now and then someone does add something - - Every so often, I go in and clean out the “Conversation” so the topic stays to the point.

I also know people read them because I probably get 2 or 3 PM’s a week thanking me for putting up the information or requesting further explanation on a particular point.

Since I am not the author of the other stickies, I’m not going to do much about moving them as to not offend the author. But, I will have to agree that the sticky section is getting crowded and possibly could use some consolidation or cleaning up at best.

I suggest some more “rational” conversation in here with some of the discussion on what threads to keep and what ones to consolidate or un-stick.

Remember, there are a lot of new people in here and novice car owners who rely on information in those stickies for when they finally have the time, money or mental fortitude to modify their new ponies!
Old 04-14-2006, 05:04 PM
67Sally
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Derf00

umm...well these would all be good ideas but as someone already pointed out, although there are Stickies...Who the hell uses them???? Those same people that post about the same topic 5 minutes after someone else just posted about it don't bother to review the stickies let alone previous threads. Do you honestly feel that someone THAT lazy (as to do a quick search) would take the EXTRA step to look for a link within a link?? You guys/gals are underestimating the lazy people.
I think were the lazy people because we dont want to scroll halfway down a page I agree with everything that's being said though, get rid of the stickies. Professor, do you think you could just PM the other moderators the link to this thread? That way maybe the mods will understand and they wont mind if you move theirs.

Quick Reply: Getting a Little Crowded in Here