Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Getting a Little Crowded in Here

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2006, 05:34 PM
ThisBlood147
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Getting a Little Crowded in Here

ORIGINAL: Professor Wizard

I can’t speak for everyone… but being the author of a couple of stickies, I keep an eye on mine on a regular basis.

Mine are the Non-Performance Accessories and the Cross-Over Explained threads.

I believe they serve a huge service to new people in MF. Many like to go back and refer to them about something they forgot.

Mine get read every day, I know because I watch the counts.

Now… mine don’t get postings added to them very much because there isn’t much to add, but every now and then someone does add something - - Every so often, I go in and clean out the “Conversation” so the topic stays to the point.

I also know people read them because I probably get 2 or 3 PM’s a week thanking me for putting up the information or requesting further explanation on a particular point.

Since I am not the author of the other stickies, I’m not going to do much about moving them as to not offend the author. But, I will have to agree that the sticky section is getting crowded and possibly could use some consolidation or cleaning up at best.

I suggest some more “rational” conversation in here with some of the discussion on what threads to keep and what ones to consolidate or un-stick.

Remember, there are a lot of new people in here and novice car owners who rely on information in those stickies for when they finally have the time, money or mental fortitude to modify their new ponies!
I have to agree. I know I keep an eye on the spoiler sticky I created a few weeks ago and it seems to be getting tons of hits. I also get alot of PM's from ppl about spoiler info and such. I think in that case, the sticky has probably saved a bunch of unnecessary new threads from popping up for ppl to ask the same questions over and over. But let's face it, there are some stickies up there that aren't getting much, if any, attention. And I think at least a little housecleaning could do some good........even if we don't want to reinvent the wheel right now.[8D]
Old 04-14-2006, 05:51 PM
chevykiller
I ♥ Acer

That's why I suggested monitoring them by hits and removing them when they reach a predetermined time with no hits.
Old 04-14-2006, 06:27 PM
Daniel60
5th Gear Member

I think your too critical.
ORIGINAL: 05BlueGT

I don't know about you but I have noticed there are alot of sticky post in this section on a bunch of How-To. I don't like to bitch or complain about things and I pretty much go with the roll of things. Can we create another sub-section called How-To and Write-ups? I think the sticky section should be used for Manufacturer announcements and contest. Pretty soon, we will be having to go to page 2 to find new post.

What do you all think?